Analysis Group Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Analysis Group Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2017

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

Applied online through the college career portal. First round interview was on campus, only 30 minutes. Second interview was at the Boston office, which included lunch with two first-year analysts.

Interview Questions

• Why economic consulting? Why Analysis Group? Can you describe a quantitative project you've worked on?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Analysis Group

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

Total interview time was 30 minutes on campus. They asked about my experiences and asked behavioral questions for around 15 minutes, then allowed me to ask them questions about their company and work culture. It was pretty laid back.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA).

Interview

I exchanged a few emails with one of the recruiters at the Boston office. She set up a time for me to talk on the phone for a 30 minute interview. I thought this went well and then they asked for another 30 minute phone interview a couple of weeks later. I heard back about a week later that they were making me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions along with a few basic econometric questions (e.g. describe a regression to me).   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group in February 2017.

Interview

30 minutes on-campus interview. Interviewers were very friendly. They spent 20 minutes asking about resume, research experiences and behavioral questions. Then allowed me to ask questions about the culture. Heard back within a week.

Interview Questions

• Followup questions for research projects. Tell me about a time you worked in a group. They wanted to make sure you understood the work they did.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group in February 2017.

Interview

Straight-forward and quick process. First round was a 30 minute phone interview with two analysts (one an alumni of my school). Heard back that I was advancing to the next round within a week. Second round was another 30 minute phone interview with two senior staff (Associate/Manager). Heard back that I received an offer within a week. Both interviews were mainly behavioral questions and past quantitative research experience. Overall very pleasant experience with quick turn around time.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a project where you made significant use of data. What were some challenges?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The Interview Process lasted about 8 weeks for me. I had an initial interview with an Analyst from the New York Office and was thereafter invited for the SuperDay interviews a week later in the New York Office. The interview consisted of two behavioral interviews with focus on your research-oriented internships along with a simple case interview. I thought my interviews went well but given the small size of the New York office, I wasn't able to get an offer.

However, I was invited to Superday interviews in Boston, which is Analysis Group's HQ. There were four interviews (2 VPs, One Research Analyst, One Recruiting Manager) along with a lunch with an Analyst focusing on teamwork, statistical programming, quantitative projects etc. I felt everyone was extremely friendly through the process and I was really excited about the company in general. Got an email a week later saying they weren't able to make me an offer. Would definitely recommend applying as the the work done by the firm is extremely meaningful and the people at the firm are genuinely friendly.

Interview Questions

• I was rattled by some of the questions asked by one of my interviewer's in Boston. I guess it was probably a strategy to test how well you do under pressure.

Some of the challenging questions ranged from asking in a subtle manner why I has gotten Bs on certain courses and how comfortable I was working to defend clients in lawsuits.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Analysis Group (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview lasted for half an hour. Interviewer's approach was very friendly and total conversion was like a talk over coffee. Almost did not get any expected question so it was a bit weird.

Interview Questions

• Not even a single expected question, such as "why econ consulting" or "Why AG". It was full of random questions from my CV, but also it was not like an interview but like a chat over coffee.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was about 30 mins long and the questions were mostly behavioral. They started by asking me about my resume and more specific to quantitative experiences. Also, they asked me if there were any difficulties doing such tasks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very laid back and relaxed interview. Met with four interviewers, two VPs, one hiring manager, and one senior analyst. Questions are mostly based on resume and experience, with some basic behavioral questions. Very focused on past research and data analysis experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you did and what kinds of data analysis you did on that.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and relaxed. Final round was an on site interview in Boston. Met with 4 interviewers, two VPs, one hiring manager, and one senior analyst. Most of the questions were based on resume and past experience, also got asked some basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about a specific project you did and what kind of data analysis you did.   Answer Question