Analysis Group Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Analysis Group Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

It was about 30 mins long and the questions were mostly behavioral. They started by asking me about my resume and more specific to quantitative experiences. Also, they asked me if there were any difficulties doing such tasks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Analysis Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very laid back and relaxed interview. Met with four interviewers, two VPs, one hiring manager, and one senior analyst. Questions are mostly based on resume and experience, with some basic behavioral questions. Very focused on past research and data analysis experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you did and what kinds of data analysis you did on that.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and relaxed. Final round was an on site interview in Boston. Met with 4 interviewers, two VPs, one hiring manager, and one senior analyst. Most of the questions were based on resume and past experience, also got asked some basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about a specific project you did and what kind of data analysis you did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

The first round interview was about 30 minutes and involved a quick dive into my resume and research experience, as well as a few behavioral and fit questions. The final round was a half-day at the local office, where I was interviewed by several people at different levels of the firm. Here, I was asked to take a deeper dive into my research experience, answer a few econometrics questions, and answer a few more behavioral and fit questions. The interview experience also included a lunch at the end with two employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your favorite topic from econometrics and explain it as if I don't know any statistics.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

I applied through my school. After resume and cover letter screening, I was invited for a phone interview (with a manager and an analyst). General information about academics and interests. Asked me to provide detail on econometric studies. Within a week of the interview, I received an offer by email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

there're two rounds. The first round is usually phone or skype interview with general questions. The second one is a four rounds two hour interview with a half hour lunch with two analysts. Some offices will fly you there for the second round and some other offices are just phone interviews. They'll let you in about a week if they want you or not.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

It was a Skype interview with two interviewers. The interview was quite straight forward. They asked a lot about the econometric project I've done. Also asked a lot about the previous internship experience. Similar to the questions you could find here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Starts with the on-campus interview: behavioral
    - the interviewer asks you about any previous experience you have with conducting econometric research
    - really relaxed and just about getting to know the applicant

ends with the second-round interview on-site: behavioral with some quantitative components
    - the interviewer asks you more in-depth about why you want to work for AG
    - some questions will deal with trying to expose your thinking style and approach to a complex quantitative question

Interview Questions

• In 30 seconds, why do you think you are a good fit for Analysis Group?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviews were not case-based, instead the interviews delved deep into technical skills. The interview was fairly short (only lasting about 30 minutes), so make sure you only highlight things that are important. If you start rambling, they'll move you along to the next question. The two interviews took place on the phone and involved two people interviewing me each time.

Interview Questions

• If I said that I knew how to use a certain computer program, I was asked to describe how I did so in great detail. So only claim to know things you know really well!   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Analysis Group.

Interview

I had a phone interview and in person interviews. The turnaround was quick, I heard back the day after my phone interview about flying out for in person interviews the next week. The questions in all rounds were pretty quantitative, focusing on past statistical research experience. They weren't brain teasers or anything, they just required critical thinking about statistical analysis. I had four interviews in person, two with analysts, one with a manager, and one with HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.