Analytic Partners Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Analytic Partners Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for the NYC office for a summer intern analyst position. First step consisted of a phone call with HR rep, and then an in-person day of 4 different interviews with employees at the company of all different levels.

Overall a very positive experience. HR was extremely friendly and timely with their communication, and the response time was quick. Everyone I met at the office were very friendly. Beautiful location and office, seemed like people were genuinely friends and enjoyed working together. Questions were all fit based, no technicals. Got an offer within a week. Turned it down since I had a few other offers from different companies, but everything I saw about Analytic was ver positive.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Analytic Partners

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Analytic Partners in October 2015.

Interview

I applied to Analytic Partners via an online job board and received a message requesting a phone interview. Something felt very "off" during the phone call. The recruiter was very distracted and used what seemed like scripted answers. For example, I would explain my background or work experience. In response, she would say a pitch for the company that was completely unrelated to the topic of the conversation and showed that she hadn't been listening. At the end of the call, she stated that HR would get back to me within a week with an answer on whether to move forward. I received no response, so after 10 days, I sent an e-mail to follow up. I still heard no response. After two months (and after I had forgotten about the interview), Analytic Partners sent a form letter e-mail saying they had moved on with other candidates.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Analytic Partners in May 2015.

Interview

Over the span of 1.5 months, I had six interviews on phone and 3 hour online assessment quiz before I was called for final in person interview in New York -(i was not compensated for travel). I was told that will be my final interview! Supposedly the final interview went well and I was asked to send references. I got a shocker when I was called for another in person interview in New york-I pleaded with them that I cannot come again on my own expense and besides I was told multiple times by them that the last in person interview was final! I was brusquely sent an email after that saying they cannot offer me the job at this time! I mean seriously!! What kind of company does that!! Guys please grow up!!

Interview Questions

• Hundreds of questions regarding my present job, case studies, technical questions, behavioural questions etc etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed at over 10 companies my senior year, and this is the only place I had a negative experience.

I applied online with no connection to the company. Got an email from HR a few weeks later asking me to complete an online test. Received an email a few days after that from an Analyst to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen was standard although the interviewer did sound somewhat bored and disinterested - that should have been my first hint. I asked how many rounds of in-person interviews there would be and they confirmed only one. Got an email from HR a few days after that to schedule the in-person.

By the time I showed up for the in-person, still had never spoken to an HR rep. I arrived promptly on time, to meet the receptionist who instructed me to sit and wait paired with a gloomy stare and about zero eye contact. I waited more than 15 minutes beyond the scheduled interview time before HR finally walked in and took me to the interview room, no apology for being late. Note to HR - don't let the process unfold like this. It makes the candidate feel very unwelcome. Walking through, the office looked very old school and uncomfortable. Tiny little desks spaced closely together and everyone was intensely focused on their small laptop screens.

I had three interviews. Two of them contained "technical" questions. I think standardized questions are fine if you’re actually interviewing for a technical position, but that clearly wasn’t the case here. I was told all they use for analysis is Excel and PowerPoint and they want to “see how you problem solve” because “sometimes clients ask us questions we don’t know the answer to.” However, they were exactly the type of simple brainteaser/ number questions designed to make it easier for them to compare candidates and the interviewer feel smart. Needless to say, I wasn’t impressed at all. To make matters worse, I was informed the next step would be a follow up in-person interview, which was exactly the opposite of what I had been told earlier.

Based on my observations and the people I met, AP seemed like a place where A) nobody smiles or has fun B) yes men (or women) exchange a year of their lives for enough barebones skills to go look for another job in marketing analytics and C) a few people stick around for a long time, rise to the top, and stay put…I’m guessing ¼ because the money is good and ¾ because they wouldn’t really have the skills to move anywhere else…could be wrong though.

I didn’t follow up or go through to the final stage interview. Guess they detected my lack of enthusiasm.

Interview Questions

• The 5x5 cube question   Answer Question
    • How many cars do you think pass through NY tolls in a year. Be scientific and methodical in your approach   Answer Question
    • Calculate and interpret ROIs based on investment and revenue numbers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview
    Basic questions on why you are interested in AP. What do they do? What is an interesting project you have done? Why are you analytical? And he also spent time giving me a intro of AP. The whole process took 15 months mins. The recruiter was a senior analyst. I was expecting an aptitude assessment after the interview, but never received it.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Analytic Partners.

Interview

Applied through the website and was notified a week later for a phone interview. Phone interview went well and lasted about 20 minutes, was told I would be emailed an online test - one aptitude, one personality. About a week after submitting the test, I was notified about coming in for an on-site interview. I spoke to 3 different people plus one person over skype. I thought the interview went very well. Everyone was laid back and friendly.

Interview Questions

• -how would you describe the internet to someone who has been in a coma for 30 years?
      -how many vacuums are sold in a major US city in a year?
      -how many cars are rented in the US every year?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Analytic Partners.

Interview

-Coordinating with the hiring manager was difficult
    -AP got rid of its entry level analyst position and replaced it with an apprenticeship, which isn't nearly as attractive
    -Interviewers weren't very engaging or enthusiastic
    -Overall was an OK experience...wouldn't recommend this company to others

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

They posted a job on my college job board and I submitted my resume and cover letter through their website. Received an email within a week to schedule a phone screen. Had initial phone screen then follow-up phone interview with director a week later. Then I interviewed onsite with 3-4 consultants. Briefly met other analysts as I toured the office space. IQ test. Received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• IQ test via laptop. I forgot which specific test it was but I was able to find free sample tests online.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't feel the need to negotiate. I was fresh out of school and they offered a base salary in the middle of the range I specified and bonus percentage was generous at 20%.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Got contacted via Email a week after I applied through LinkedIn to set up a phone interview. Normal behavior and motive questions. Then they sent me a online test which took about 30 mins. Got a call in for a on-site interview a week after and were told to wait for the result in two week if they decided to move me forward to the next round. The interview lasted 2. 5 hours and I met three mid-level consultants who asked questions around research experience, interest in the position and teamwork skills. At last, the HR manager came in and told me details of the training and learning opportunity in the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain to me what is "internet" if I were a person who just wake up after being in karma for a very long time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Analytic Partners (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

interviewers asked questions testing logic and provided case studies to determine the candidates ability to process information. One question was regarding a cube made up of square inch cubes. If there are 5 on each side how many square inches is the larger cube. The next question was how many square inches is the cube if the outside layer of the cube is removed. They also asked how I would spend my marketing budget if I was a marketing director.

Interview Questions

• How would you spend your marketing budget of $100,000,000 and why?   Answer Question