Ancestry UI Developer (Archives.com, Part of Ancestry) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ancestry UI Developer (Archives.com, Part of Ancestry) Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

UI Developer (Archives.com, Part of Ancestry) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ancestry in November 2013.

Interview

Took two weeks. Applied online and got a call from HR to take a coding challenge. It took quite a bit of time (8 hours). Got a call after submitting the code for a phone screen, and then in-person interview. The whole engineering team interviewed. They did not ask many questions regarding the coding challenge ( I was surprised). They asked lot of Javascript technical questions, I answered most of them except for one or two. On the projector they brought up the company site I was working for and asked lot of questions about the company and regarding my contribution.

After that I never heard back from them. They didn't even have courtesy to send a response. I do not like to work for that kind of a company even if I get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Coding challenge 1: Build a nav bar, and a form which takes a input and dynamically calculating alerts and displaying on the nav item. Concept: set a cookie and get a cookie.

Coding Challenge 2: built a plugin similar to JQuery light box.   Answer Question