Andersen Tax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Andersen Tax Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.5

Summer Interview

Interview

I applied as a summer intern for Andersen Tax. The process was straightforward. First I had an informational interview and then was invited into the office for a number of interviews a few days later. There were no technical questions, mostly fit.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (McLean, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

It's a video interview. Talked with a director, and he is very nice. First asked some question about work authorization, then asked some questions (described below), and then asked you to ask question about the position or the company.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied through the career website got selected for interview. Two interviews, first interview was on campus and the second one is in house followed by a lunch. I did not get the position

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax in October 2017.

Interview

First interview was just behavioral, lasted about 30 minutes. Second round was in their office and consisted of several individual interviews with partners. There were no technical questions. Everyone was very friendly and genuinely wanted to learn about me and my experiences.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Andersen Tax.

Interview

Applied through school, then received a call back which was done via skype-like program. The call back was done by a panel of directors and managing directors. Overall, everyone was very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (McLean, VA).

Interview

They ask a bunch of behavioral questions and about your resume. I talked to 4 people and then a panel of associates. Everyone was fairly laid back. Make sure to ask a lot of questions during the interview. Make sure to do your research and know background of the company. Overall it was a good experience

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Andersen Tax.

Interview

Very laid back. They just want to get to know you as a person, not many hard questions. I was in a rotation with three interviewers with a lunch afterwards.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Irvine, CA).

Interview

First I applied online but quickly got a rejection email.

Then I applied again, but this time had an internal referral send my resume. Within a week I got an email with the Chicago recruiter to set up a phone interview with her.

Me and the recruiter had a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes. She forwarded my file to the LA recruiter. The LA recruiter then emailed me a few days later with a time and date to have a phone screening interview with a director in the OC office.

The phone screening interview with the director lasted about 30 minutes and went well.

A few days after that the LA recruiter emails me the time and date for my in-person interview. The interview lasted 3 hours. First I was in the conference room with a director, then I had a 40 minute coffee session with two associates, then I returned to the conference room to speak with the managing director.

My interview was in December around the holidays when a lot of people are out of the office so it took a few weeks before getting my final result.

The whole process from sending my first application to getting the result was about 3 months long.

Through the whole process everyone I spoke to was very friendly. They just want to gauge your interest and your ability to handle a tough schedule during the busy seasons (this came up a lot).

*HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS PREPARED AHEAD OF TIME BECAUSE YOU WILL BE THERE A LONG TIME AND YOU NEED TO HAVE TOPICS TO TALK ABOUT. ESPECIALLY IN THE COFFEE SESSION THEY RELY ON YOU TO ASK THE QUESTIONS AND YOU HAVE TO AVOID AWKWARD SILENCES. EVEN IN THE NORMAL INTERVIEW PART THEY FREQUENTLY JUST SAY: "SO WHAT QUESTIONS DO YOU HAVE?"

Interview Questions

• -Why Andersen?
      -Are you aware the position is mostly doing tax compliance work?
      -What kind of hours are you used to?
      -What kind of work environment do you like?
      -How do you handle stressful situations?
      -During the coffee session they expect you to ask most of the questions, which they answer and leads to conversation.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Arlington, VA).

Interview

It was a 2 round interview question. The first round was extremely easy and simple. I was done in 5 minutes. They just asked "tell me about yourself." Gave them my 2 minute pitch and was told that I moved on to my second round. The second round encompasses a 5 hour interview process. We got there and was given a tour of office, lunch, and then interviews with 4 employees of the company: Managing director, 2 Directors, and an Associate. Pretty easy and laid back. Awesome company to work for.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Boston, MA).

Interview

I met with staff at all levels of the firm. They were very friendly but also very honest when it came to the role. The whole process took about 3 hours. It appeared as though everyone had a great working relationship.

Interview Questions

• They asked about being able to work under strict deadlines   Answer Question