Andersen Tax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Andersen Tax Interview Questions

Updated Jan 13, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Irvine, CA).

Interview

First I applied online but quickly got a rejection email.

Then I applied again, but this time had an internal referral send my resume. Within a week I got an email with the Chicago recruiter to set up a phone interview with her.

Me and the recruiter had a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes. She forwarded my file to the LA recruiter. The LA recruiter then emailed me a few days later with a time and date to have a phone screening interview with a director in the OC office.

The phone screening interview with the director lasted about 30 minutes and went well.

A few days after that the LA recruiter emails me the time and date for my in-person interview. The interview lasted 3 hours. First I was in the conference room with a director, then I had a 40 minute coffee session with two associates, then I returned to the conference room to speak with the managing director.

My interview was in December around the holidays when a lot of people are out of the office so it took a few weeks before getting my final result.

The whole process from sending my first application to getting the result was about 3 months long.

Through the whole process everyone I spoke to was very friendly. They just want to gauge your interest and your ability to handle a tough schedule during the busy seasons (this came up a lot).

*HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS PREPARED AHEAD OF TIME BECAUSE YOU WILL BE THERE A LONG TIME AND YOU NEED TO HAVE TOPICS TO TALK ABOUT. ESPECIALLY IN THE COFFEE SESSION THEY RELY ON YOU TO ASK THE QUESTIONS AND YOU HAVE TO AVOID AWKWARD SILENCES. EVEN IN THE NORMAL INTERVIEW PART THEY FREQUENTLY JUST SAY: "SO WHAT QUESTIONS DO YOU HAVE?"

Interview Questions

• -Why Andersen?
      -Are you aware the position is mostly doing tax compliance work?
      -What kind of hours are you used to?
      -What kind of work environment do you like?
      -How do you handle stressful situations?
      -During the coffee session they expect you to ask most of the questions, which they answer and leads to conversation.
      Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Arlington, VA).

Interview

It was a 2 round interview question. The first round was extremely easy and simple. I was done in 5 minutes. They just asked "tell me about yourself." Gave them my 2 minute pitch and was told that I moved on to my second round. The second round encompasses a 5 hour interview process. We got there and was given a tour of office, lunch, and then interviews with 4 employees of the company: Managing director, 2 Directors, and an Associate. Pretty easy and laid back. Awesome company to work for.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Boston, MA).

Interview

I met with staff at all levels of the firm. They were very friendly but also very honest when it came to the role. The whole process took about 3 hours. It appeared as though everyone had a great working relationship.

Interview Questions

• They asked about being able to work under strict deadlines   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Consisted of one on campus interview, followed by 3 in office interviews shortly after the first round. Very Straight forward and know exactly who their looking for. Questions asked are very fair and the people who interview you are genuine people who care about the future students working at their firm.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied through university. The interview was very conversational which was very helpful. When the interview is not structured, it is really easygoing. That made me feel confident and it was a nice conversation.

Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Buffalo, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via email to setup an interview. I was scheduled for a video conference interview that 4 of Andersen Tax employees were on at one time. It was at times hard to hear and see certain interviewers during this process. They were professional though.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would go about solving an IT problem.   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

30 min on campus interview, quick and fairly easy. Next round was two 30 min interviews with top staff at the firm which was basically then getting to know you by your resume. Everyone I met with was super friendly and excited for new interns.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied via college job search engine after the job fair where I met the company representative. I found out that company held on campus interviews. I applied to interview on the campus. After that I was invited and attended back to back in office interview with 4 people on the recruiting day. Interviewers were managers and above (directors and managing directors). Also I attended a panel Q&A with a group of other interviewees. I thought that company is in need of new hires and the ratio of offers should be reasonably high.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in tax versus audit?   1 Answer

Associate-tax Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I interviewed on campus with a managing director. Very knowledge lady. After finishing tell me about yourself, she wanted me to ask questions. Research the firm. Prepare questions as much as you can.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

the questions are typical behavioral questions, like tell me about yourself and why do you like accounting. How do you manage tax season stress and how do you manage commute