Andersen Tax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Andersen Tax Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2018

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by HR to actually come into the office for pre screen interview rather than conduct over the phone. I met with a manager who was nice. Went over my resume and asked a few questions. Then met with the HR contact who had emailed me. She had her mind made up when she walked into the room so there really wasn't much I could do to leave her with a positive impression of me. Was contacted a week later by the same HR contact that They decided not to move forward. Not disappointed as the position really wasn't a god fit. Would have preferred to just have done the pre screen over the phone.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Andersen Tax.

Interview

Applied through school, then received a call back which was done via skype-like program. The call back was done by a panel of directors and managing directors. Overall, everyone was very friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (McLean, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied via college job search engine after the job fair where I met the company representative. I found out that company held on campus interviews. I applied to interview on the campus. After that I was invited and attended back to back in office interview with 4 people on the recruiting day. Interviewers were managers and above (directors and managing directors). Also I attended a panel Q&A with a group of other interviewees. I thought that company is in need of new hires and the ratio of offers should be reasonably high.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in tax versus audit?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Boston, MA).

Interview

I met with staff at all levels of the firm. They were very friendly but also very honest when it came to the role. The whole process took about 3 hours. It appeared as though everyone had a great working relationship.

Interview Questions

• They asked about being able to work under strict deadlines   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax in June 2016.

Interview

Phone screen followed by in person interviews with the team for "superday" (back to back). The process took approximately 3-4 weeks from initial application. It was a week to get the initial phone call, two weeks to get invited on campus, and about a week post-interview for the decision to be made.

Interview Questions

• All relaxed, behavioral / basic questions. Ex: tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Pre-Interview Dinner, 30 minute interviews with 6 different high level employees in the office. The conversations were casual. They were mainly concerned with answering questions you have, so come prepared with questions.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied through university. The interview was very conversational which was very helpful. When the interview is not structured, it is really easygoing. That made me feel confident and it was a nice conversation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Andersen Tax.

Interview

Very laid back. They just want to get to know you as a person, not many hard questions. I was in a rotation with three interviewers with a lunch afterwards.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax.

Interview

One phone interview, one on-site interview with Senior Manager, Manager, and Associates.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (New York, NY).

Interview

A senior managing director from WTAS came to my University to speak to us about potentially working for his firm. I spoke with him after the info session and e-mailed him later that day. I wound up studying abroad in Hong Kong in the spring so I couldn't do an interview in person, but I spoke to him again on the phone before I got my offer.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, mostly fit questions and "why tax?"   Answer Question