Andersen Tax Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.6

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (McLean, VA).

Interview

They ask a bunch of behavioral questions and about your resume. I talked to 4 people and then a panel of associates. Everyone was fairly laid back. Make sure to ask a lot of questions during the interview. Make sure to do your research and know background of the company. Overall it was a good experience

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Andersen Tax

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Irvine, CA).

Interview

First I applied online but quickly got a rejection email.

Then I applied again, but this time had an internal referral send my resume. Within a week I got an email with the Chicago recruiter to set up a phone interview with her.

Me and the recruiter had a phone interview which lasted about 20 minutes. She forwarded my file to the LA recruiter. The LA recruiter then emailed me a few days later with a time and date to have a phone screening interview with a director in the OC office.

The phone screening interview with the director lasted about 30 minutes and went well.

A few days after that the LA recruiter emails me the time and date for my in-person interview. The interview lasted 3 hours. First I was in the conference room with a director, then I had a 40 minute coffee session with two associates, then I returned to the conference room to speak with the managing director.

My interview was in December around the holidays when a lot of people are out of the office so it took a few weeks before getting my final result.

The whole process from sending my first application to getting the result was about 3 months long.

Through the whole process everyone I spoke to was very friendly. They just want to gauge your interest and your ability to handle a tough schedule during the busy seasons (this came up a lot).

*HAVE A LOT OF QUESTIONS PREPARED AHEAD OF TIME BECAUSE YOU WILL BE THERE A LONG TIME AND YOU NEED TO HAVE TOPICS TO TALK ABOUT. ESPECIALLY IN THE COFFEE SESSION THEY RELY ON YOU TO ASK THE QUESTIONS AND YOU HAVE TO AVOID AWKWARD SILENCES. EVEN IN THE NORMAL INTERVIEW PART THEY FREQUENTLY JUST SAY: "SO WHAT QUESTIONS DO YOU HAVE?"

Interview Questions

• -Why Andersen?
      -Are you aware the position is mostly doing tax compliance work?
      -What kind of hours are you used to?
      -What kind of work environment do you like?
      -How do you handle stressful situations?
      -During the coffee session they expect you to ask most of the questions, which they answer and leads to conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Consisted of one on campus interview, followed by 3 in office interviews shortly after the first round. Very Straight forward and know exactly who their looking for. Questions asked are very fair and the people who interview you are genuine people who care about the future students working at their firm.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (San Jose, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

the questions are typical behavioral questions, like tell me about yourself and why do you like accounting. How do you manage tax season stress and how do you manage commute

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax.

Interview

Initial screening interview followed by in person interviews with multiple interviewers. Second round involved 3 or more interviewers, generally more senior persons in the company. Second round is just as much about fit with the company as it is your resume and experience. Overall everyone is very nice and easy to get along with. Very positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very short and simple. Be sure you know about the company history and have questions. Overall, it was a relaxed phone interview which lasted approximately 20 minutes. The recruiter was very kind and answered all of my questions well. I spoke to the HR manager. A very nice interview and everything was what I expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was an on campus interview, where a manager came in for a 1 on 1 interview, for about 30 minutes. She asked me questions about my experiences on my resume, and asked why do I want to stay in LA. There was no trick question and it felt like a conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

First screening interview was coffee offsite with two members of the practice group. They provided an overview of the practice and answered questions in a casual atmosphere. "Call back" interview was several weeks later, for half day. There were four 20-minute interviews with managers or above--make sure to prepare several questions to ask during this process. Following the four interviews was lunch nearby with two associates. Much more casual, but remember this is still part of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had about 4 interviews, make it 6 including lunch. That is way too many, it took over my entire day. Not only were they long, but the interviewers themselves were rude and unwelcoming. right when walked into the interview room, the lady asked, "why are your grades so bad?" I had a C in accounting and the rest were either A's or B's. My second interview, the man literally yawned in my face. If you're seriously that bored, why are you there? On a somewhat positive note, they did take us out to lunch at a nice restaurant and reimbursed us for our traveling expenses.

Interview Questions

• What happened with your grades?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Andersen Tax (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was first emailed by HR, for a 15 minute phone interview. That consisted of Behavioral Questions. The following day I was invited for an office visit. I was interviewed by a few managers and directors. In total, it was a five person interview. The interview was really based on personality and your sincere interest to work for them.