Anderson Merchandisers Retail Media Specialist - RMS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anderson Merchandisers Retail Media Specialist - RMS Interview Questions

1.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Media Specialist - RMS Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anderson Merchandisers.

Interview

It depends. Some managers will hire you on a spot as long you are available in the morning(s).

Other Interview Reviews for Anderson Merchandisers

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anderson Merchandisers (Frederick, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

i applied for the job online, was called for a phone interview the next morning, second phone interview that afternoon. hired within 24 hours of applying. overall it was a very smooth process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Anderson Merchandisers (Orlando, FL) in February 2012.

Interview

The hiring process took 3 months.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anderson Merchandisers (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied online after going through Indeed.com job search. Taken to Anderson Website, which proved to be not as good a website as many others. Had to keep entering data, said it was accepted, then it didn't show up, enter again and again, then it finally gets to a place where it takes the submitted application. You complete a very long questionaire about your intellect and decision-making capabilities, basically a psyche-eval/qualifying tool. Days later you get a call from "Screeners" they called themselves. They ask if you can work "Mandatory Early Morning hours" on Sundays and Tuesdays, say from 5am-7am start times. You are told it's company policy, no exceptions. Nothing is said about the job. Answer yes, and you get told you'll be called back by the District Manager, or given a phone number so you can call him.

Few days later, maybe 2, you get a call from District Manager. He does a nice 20 min phone interview then decides where to meet you to have a face-to-face interview. Basically, if you're a normal person, he decides to hire you if you can pass their background check and drug test. I set up the interview, it was at a Hy-Vee Store Restaurant a day or two later. District Managers travel A LOT so had to wait for him to be in the area. I went as scheduled to find him with a laptop, dress rather shabily actually in a extremely casual polo shirt and kahki pants. Shirt looked like he had it on the floor and just rolled out of bed. He was clearly 100% exhausted, bloodshot eyes, and tired out. He was kind and discussed the position and my resume for an hour. He said it's usually 20 mins only...but I had questions wanted to know who this person and the company was. He had 2 cell phones, one was his own and one the company's. He offered the job, I said yes and was sent for a drug test that afternoon.

A couple days later he set up the new hire paperwork for me on his laptop and met me at Hy-Vee again. He took a picture of my social security card and my checking account on a check I provided. Then a picture of me. I said I didn't feel comfortable doing this, but was told it was MANDATORY this all be sent digitally to Amarillo, TX where their head quarters is. He had me sign alot of things on his laptop, scrolling through them and digitally signing a code he set up for me with my name, on the new hire paperwork. I never got to read it all, nor saw a bit of it in paper form. I was told sign here, now here, and here,...etc. keying in my passcode I was issued. He said this is done all the time now. I said it seemed wrong and I wanted a copy of this sent to me, provided to me. I never got a copy of this, still waiting. (NOTE: If anyone knows the Wage and Hour Division, there are many issues that need to be investigated on this company for things like this, working people so hard they don't get breaks, and just plain wrong business practices.)

I find out later the company is headquartered in Texas, but is under CALIFORNIA LAW for some reason. You have all these rules about how long to work, when to clock out, and they are on you about it all the time. It all seems like something is wrong.

After signing these papers digitally, I was thanked and waited about a week to start work. It was 6-7 weeks before I saw a paycheck - and that after a terrible time of calls/emails/ trying to work it out. The direct deposit situation is totally messed-up, HR is a nightmare, losing papers, MIS-ALIGNING new personel with the wrong company they work for, like you sign on to work through their Best Buy Stores and they put you in Sam's Club or Wal-Mart...then they say they can't find your employee number, you don't exist in the system, ...etc. They constantly change things. They constantly change the hours on you, giving you no notice at all. You are expected to be there. They don't communicate well at all, if at all. It's an uneducated MESS.
    ---------------------------------------
    Basically if you don't have to work for this company, you really shouldn't. You should only consider it if you need something TEMPORARY, then GET OUT. It's not a good company with any competent management at all. Recently, they've gone through 4 district managers in 5 months - no one stays if they're smart.

They LIE, they tell you one thing, as in the interview, then say, "It was never put in writing" so we are not accountable and you have no recoarse. This said to many at once, so witnessed by many. It's necessary to take them to court to get anything, but company is only 5,000 employees nationwide, so they don't have any money to pay more anyway. Told of raises and evals and moving up in the company. Then you don't get any of that. Waiting beyond 6 months now. They don't tell when you'll get evaluated and get a raise. It's real vague.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle employees that disagree with you?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a time when you didn't agree with what a Manager was saying to you? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No there were no negotiations. This company does not negotiate. They lie. If you get any offer - or told anything about what your job will be, get it in writing!!! They tell you different once you are hired. Changes month to month. First you are in charge, then you're not. You have important duties, then you are no different than the other merchandisers. You really don't matter to this company.

Retail Media Specialist - RMS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ankara (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Anderson Merchandisers (Ankara (Turkey)) in December 2011.

Interview

Apply online, get a call back the next day, select place you want to be interviewed