Andrews Kurth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Andrews Kurth Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Andrews Kurth

Night Word Processing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Andrews Kurth.

Interview

I knew the supervisor --person hiring me from previous law firm. Great interview. She knew my skills already. Just took personality test. Met with the office manager and other people that I would be working with in the word processing department.

Interview Questions

• None. Showed me a very marked-up document and asked how long it would take to complete.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. Just set up hours and salary.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Andrews Kurth (Washington, DC) in November 2012.

Interview

There were 2 interview rounds - the first with HR and the second with attorneys with whom you will be working with. If you prepare your answers and are a clear communicator, you should be fine. Be sure to emphasize your current work and how you can adapt your skills for the position

Interview Questions

• what do you do now and what is the breadth of your experience? What are your long-term goals? give examples of   Answer Question

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Andrews Kurth (Austin, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Everything by the book. Take you through the process step-by-step providing the necessary information to allow one to complete the forms fully. Interviewer was personable and made one feel comfortable throughout the whole interview process.

Interview Questions

• What was my impression of working with certain individuals as my previous employment   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Andrews Kurth (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Very nice attorneys, informative job description and casual conversation to lighten the mood. Very upfront about the pros and cons of the paralegal position and welcoming to any questions or concerns.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Legal Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Andrews Kurth (Houston, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with 3 HR people. I had 4 call backs. I was not given a start date until 3 months later. I think that was to avoid paying the headhunter fee.

Interview Questions

• The usual: Why do you want to leave your current employer.   1 Answer
    • What area of law do you prefer to support attorneys in?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle difficult attorneys?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you over X,Y or Z?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated through a recruiter. I requested more start leave time in lieu of better base salary. I received a sign-on bonus and the requested minimum leave time. I also did not need nor want their health insurance.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Andrews Kurth (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Two steps:

1. Interview with HR to determine your qualifications and they give you a broad overview of the company.
    2. Interview with 4 associates and 2 partners. I impressed these guys so I got the job. It's all about personality.

Took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of an accomplishment that you are most proud of so far.   Answer Question
    • Talk briefly about your background/experience in the legal arena, and why you want to get in it.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to go to law school?   Answer Question
    • Who do you look up to and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't bother to negotiate. As an entry-level paralegal, they offered me a good base salary, with OT availability.

Attorney, 4th-Year Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Andrews Kurth in July 2008.

Interview

The process was straight-forward. It was not run by HR but rather by the respective practice group. The first meeting was two on one interview -- a partner, an associate plus me. Second round was whole practice group (4 partners, 1 of counsel, 1 associate) in a board room batting questions my way.

Negotiation

Fair; good rapport and reasonable partner. The hiccup was that he was in DC and not final authority; had to go through Houston -- that dynamic is difficult in negotiations