Angie's List Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.6

Member Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Angie's List (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

After submitting your application, a recruiter will call you to see if you're a good fit. Then they will schedule the interview. You will meet with one of the assistant managers for member care for the interview. There is also a typing test to make sure you can keep up with taking notes during your calls.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make decisions without the help of a manager or supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Angie's List (Indianapolis, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen with HR followed by a phone interview with the department manager the following week. They were both professional, and I felt both discussions were mutually productive. The requested skill set and my skills matched up well according to the job description and our discussion. I was told by the department manager the next step would be an on-site interview and I would hear by the end of the week if I would move forward, but I didn't hear back as expected. I was also told if I had any follow up questions to contact them. I sent a follow up question to the department manager and didn't receive a response. So, I was disappointed with the way things concluded. I eventually heard from HR, so I would consider them in the future.

Interview Questions

• How would your manager rate your performance? Strength and weakness type of questions and some behavior questions were also included.   Answer Question

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Angie's List (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I had an initial phone cal with the hiring manager and a half day interview process on site with various members of the UX team.

I gave a 45 minute presentation on my work followed by questions and multiple 2 person interviews.

Their Talent Acquisition Specialist was wonderful and kept me informed of what to expect during every step of the process.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my problem solving process.   1 Answer

TAS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Angie's List (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2016.

Interview

They asked for me to come back, offered the position to call back 3 days later to tell me they went a different direction? Typical for a company that is confused on who they are

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Angie's List (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

It took 8 weeks to get a phone screen.
    Was constantly interrupted by the screener's phone making notification sounds.
    Phone screen lasted 12 minutes. Most of which was the same sort of question. Just rephrased. "How would you handle X?" Questions.
    No real technical questions. It appears that they are looking for somebody that would just follow instructions, as opposed to do their job to the best of their ability.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Angie's List (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the company HR and the Senior Director and was then interviewed at the company's location in Indianapolis. About 5 people, mostly directors, interviewed me. Most of them had been promoted from within the company, had SQL and excel experience and no data science experience at all. They lacked technical depth and experience of working in different companies and environment.

Interview Questions

• There general questions about management and product selection process. No questions on data science for which I was being interviewed.   Answer Question

Business Discovery Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Angie's List (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

They promised the world during the interview. Was told what an excellent company they were. Described benefits, compensation, and the role of the job. Was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Where do I see myself in five years?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Angie's List.

Interview

Very bad experience..
    1) The first interviewer did not show up. Had pretty good rest of the rounds. But a very very bad company experience for a candidate all together.

2) Very unprofessional people

WOULD NEVER JOIN THIS COMPANY !!

Interview Questions

• 1) Responsibilities and job duties at the current company
      2) Which product do you like and what you would want to change in that product
      3) How do you decide what features to build in a product
      4) Questions related to UX
      5) How do you capture the market requirement
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Angie's List (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Brief phone screen followed by an onsite a week later. Onsite included a quick tour. Very laid back and informal interview process. Got back to me with an offer a few days after the interview. They wanted a quick response, but I was able to talk them into giving me a few weeks to decide.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between static, dynamic, weakly, and strongly typed languages?   Answer Question
    • Is it possible to program using the functional paradigm in C?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Angie's List (Lafayette, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

Met people from Angie's List at University Fair. The initial interaction was great with a brief technical screening at the spot. I was invited to come next day for an in-person interview. I informed that it would be a 2-3 hour commute one way as I had to travel from Chicago. The person urged me to come in person and wow the engineers. The interview was on time the next day. Very laid back, questions about my resume, some basic questions. I felt I did great. I was told they would contact me.

Its been almost two months since that day and I have not got a reply or follow up. Professionalism and ethics of a person/company can be judged by this. I am extremely disappointed with their "silent" way of dealing. Some people got an email telling that they don't sponsor but I have not received anything. The flip-flop left a very bad taste with me.

Interview Questions

• General Resume review and tell us about yourself and project review   Answer Question