Angie's List Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Angie's List Interview Questions

Interviews at Angie's List

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Angie's List (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

An external recruiter contacted me directly. They found my profile on Dice.com and LinkedIn.com I had one phone interview with the VP of Engineering and one technical Skype interview with a Senior Software Engineering. Because I had a live web portfolio of projects and production sites which the could review no coding was required during the technical interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. The conversation was smooth, like between to colleagues just having a nice technical conversation.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Angie's List in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Angie's List.

Interview

It was an initial interview. At first, the interviewer talked about himself. And then asked me questions according to my resume. like some compiler vs interpreter, Nosql concept, and Sql.

Interview Questions

• There is a table that has thousands of users' names. What happened when millions of users' names added to the table?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Angie's List (Lafayette, IN) in February 2016.

Interview

Met people from Angie's List at University Fair. The initial interaction was great with a brief technical screening at the spot. I was invited to come next day for an in-person interview. I informed that it would be a 2-3 hour commute one way as I had to travel from Chicago. The person urged me to come in person and wow the engineers. The interview was on time the next day. Very laid back, questions about my resume, some basic questions. I felt I did great. I was told they would contact me.

Its been almost two months since that day and I have not got a reply or follow up. Professionalism and ethics of a person/company can be judged by this. I am extremely disappointed with their "silent" way of dealing. Some people got an email telling that they don't sponsor but I have not received anything. The flip-flop left a very bad taste with me.

Interview Questions

• General Resume review and tell us about yourself and project review   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Angie's List (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Brief phone screen followed by an onsite a week later. Onsite included a quick tour. Very laid back and informal interview process. Got back to me with an offer a few days after the interview. They wanted a quick response, but I was able to talk them into giving me a few weeks to decide.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between static, dynamic, weakly, and strongly typed languages?   Answer Question
    • Is it possible to program using the functional paradigm in C?   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Angie's List (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2013.

Interview

I made it through the two in person interviews.

The first interview was more about being asked questions about my experience, education, etc.

The second interview was about more about the job expectations and the fit with the company.

Overall, both interviews were pretty laid back without a lot of pressure. Seems like they tried to make me feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• The job I had at the time was actually a more complicated job. They asked why would I want take a "lesser job".   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Angie's List in May 2013.

Interview

I've heard varying things. My interview was pretty by the book, but I also prepared for like 2 days straight before. I highly recommend memorizing your answers to the normal questions. I've also heard legends of "sell me this pen" but never talked to anyone where that was asked. I am supposed to have a 50 word minimum so here are more words.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nope, set for everyone.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Angie's List (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

Very professional yet not too ultra conservative. I like that I was treated like I was already a part of the team before I was even hired. My process was not stressful at all. I had one phone interview with HR followed by 1 very detailed face to face interview with a Senior Account Manager. I was then offered the position 2 days later and accepted the same day and received all of my documents via email very quickly.

Interview Questions

• My interview was more of a conversation rather than the traditional list of random questions. The conversation was two way so I also had a chance to learn about my interviewer and the company as well.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Angie's List (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2013.

Interview

Some tough questions. Be prepared to sell something!

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Angie's List (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2010.

Interview

Initial phone screen was nothing more than making sure you could communicate to another human being, no interview questions were really asked, more of a getting to know you conversation. Then typing test to make sure you could use a computer. After that, it was an interview with a few of the current supervisors of the department you are interviewing for. They have the "standard" interview questions written out on a piece of paper and they go in a circle each one asking you a question until they feel like you have either passed or failed.

Interview Questions

• They were mostly situational questions....tell me about a situation where XYZ happened. Strengths, weaknesses, career goals.....the usual. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question