Anglian Home Improvements Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2017

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Anglian Home Improvements

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anglian Home Improvements (Norwich, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Misleading Job Advert

So I applied for a job at 11 in the morning and went for an interview the same day at 4:30 (Not the easiest to get to) I had to take 3 buses as I live in Great Yarmouth. I arrived a bit early and as I arrived shortly after someone else I had to wait for him to be interviewed..... I got to talking with him and he lived about 10 mins down the road. Really frustrating if I knew it was first come first served I would of come earlier instead of sitting around Norwich. The guy who I was talking to applied for a software tester role. He could of asked him if he didn't mind waiting....... he only lives down the road and it takes awhile for me to get home I was waiting over an hour ,it's not good enough really. Even in his interview he went off and was chatting away and doing other stuff with other people. I even told him I have to take 3 buses he just said "dedication that's a good start" offered me a tea or coffee. Instead of interviewing the other guy after he came out to do other stuff.

So I get in and find out the only roles they had been recruiting for are Canvassers and Leaflet droppers. Which the job description and the phone call inviting me didn't mention whatsoever.
    The phone call said "I know it's short notice but we had a cancelation , Can you get in today at 4:30" This was at 12:30 ish. So I pretty much left home straight away.

My actual interview didn't start till around 5:30, the guy interviewing me kept wandering off . He did offer me a hot drink though but I just wanted to get it done with. I accepted the leaflet dropping job as it seemed simple enough but was disappointed that they put fake jobs up just to get people in to do rubbish jobs. It was 6 by the time I left as I had to sign a contract for the leaflet dropping job and didn't get home till like 8.

Went back for my induction and again the guy who interviewed me was late once again starting my induction. Ok it was at mid day and didn't take long but still annoying waiting around all the time especially as it took no time at all.

He seems to want to push canvassing on me quite a bit which I won't be doing. Hopefully something comes of my other interviews recently.

Interview Questions

• He basically asked me if I was interesting in canvassing   1 Answer

Administration Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bodmin, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Anglian Home Improvements (Bodmin, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Well planned and conducted. Explained how the interview would go i.e. questions the same for everyone with an opportunity to ask questions at the end. As this was slightly different as it was for one post as the other two were being made redundant I didn't feel that the outcome was a foregone conclusion.

Sales Person Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Home Improvements (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Short interview, video talk, presented with contract and advised you will be required to go on two separate training weeks with no expenses. Its a self employed commission only role. The over all feeling is they are not to fussy who they take and have a high burn and churn as you would expect with commission only direct sales.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your present employment   1 Answer

I haven't, I am still considering but you do not offer that option

Foot Canvasser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglian Home Improvements (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

misleading I had never applied for a role like this, I asked many questions a few about the pay, they did not answer the pay question directly and tried to avoid it, I was not fully briefed that the job had no average salary, partly my own fault for not doing the research, they need to invest more in the people they say "matter most"

Interview Questions

• have I foot canvassed before   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anglian Home Improvements (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

bit of an interrogation, friendly enough but completely misleading, telling you its 15% commission when its not ect, they're just very nice to try and sucker you in. They wait till you have handed your notice in before they tell you you need to come up with a £200 deposit to buy their sales presenter laptop.

Interview Questions

• how much money have you got in savings, are you living paycheck to paycheck?   Answer Question

Salesman Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orpington, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Anglian Home Improvements (Orpington, England (UK)) in March 2008.

Interview

quick intense lethal aggressive open

Interview Questions

• how to sale to a hard customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

sharp quick intense open listened understood gave feedback