Anheuser-Busch Group Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anheuser-Busch Group Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2016

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (New York, NY).

Interview

2 online assessments, 1 phone screen with HR and a general manager, then the TAP phone assessment which I did not move forward after. The online assessments were fairly simple and the phone screen was more conversational than anything else. The TAP assessment, however, was simple to miss the mark on and quite stressful to complete within the timeline.

Interview Questions

• The TAP assessment was role playing based and very challenging within the time limit. Having an answer down is more important than having the perfect answer I gathered.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Anheuser-Busch

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in February 2016.

Interview

Went through a quick screening call and then three phone interviews. The first 2 were with HR people and the last one was with department managers. They mainly asked why I was interested in working there and working in that role, plus a LOT of "tell me a time when" questions. The second two interviews were essentially just "tell me a time when" questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to compromise between short term and long term goals.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

The Interview Process is very lengthy and intricate. After my initial application was processed I took a personality test and simple IQ assessment questionnaire. After that I had an initial interview at my college and the phone TAP assessment. I am still waiting to hear back for the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge that you made for yourself or had given to you and how did you accomplish it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Fort Collins, CO) in December 2015.

Interview

I completed all of the preliminary tests and so far I have only done the 15 minute phone interview. There were 4 questions asked. I was told there will be 4 more interviews if I'm selected to go further.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Williamsburg, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was incredibly lengthy and time-consuming. You have an initial online questionnaire, then a problem-solving online assignment, then you have to interview onsite, then you have to the TAPS assessment.

The online phases aren't terribly difficult, though they are time-consuming, especially assuming you are applying for other jobs as well. Prepare to spend several hours slogging through them.

The onsite interview is conducted by two people simultaneously. My experience with this was mostly positive, and they seemed receptive to my answers. Confidence and using the STAR method response will take you far here. The real challenge is yet to come.

Let me just say that the TAPS assessment is enough to make you not want the job. They give you a period of time to try to figure out the schedule rules (hint: there are TONS of them and neglecting even one of them will mess up your whole schedule) and make an appropriately organized schedule, then your "boss" calls you. He'll rush you through it and give you a hard time about any issues with it, then you prep for the next section. The scheduling is the kind of thing you would normally have weeks to learn during your training, and here you have an hour to learn and make it, then they're surprised your result isn't perfect? Next you have to figure out how to convince an employee who clearly doesn't want to work for the company to start helping her fellow employees. Honestly, if I met an employee this lackadaisical, I would immediately recommend they be fired, not waste my breath convincing them to do their job. Finally, the worst part: you have to conduct a meeting with two employees who argue incessantly and thoroughly enjoy interrupting you. You can try to rule with an iron fist, though they're going to keep interrupting anyway. Don't expect to finish all your items in time.

If I had known this process was going to be such a pain, I never would have wasted my time applying. Unless it really is your dream to work at a brewery, give this place a pass.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel are your best qualities?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time where you led a group and successfully solved a problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Phoneton, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was immediately sent a link for an online personality test. A week or so later, I was contacted for a 20 minute phone interview. A week after that, I was told I passed the first round of interviews and was sent a link to an hour-long math exam. After passing that, another phone interview was conducted with the original interviewer and two other executives. I then never heard from the company again. Not sure what fell through the cracks, but I did feel it was incredibly rude not to even email me that the position was filled, instead I was left hanging with no one answering my emails inquiring about the position in the following weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Baldwinsville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Baldwinsville, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

The process started with an on campus interview that was strictly behavioral. Then you take a series of online assessments. After that, there is a final on-site interview that consists of one 4 on 1 behavioral interview and then there are 3 case studies, that are all connected to one background story. The case studies will have you role playing on a phone after a certain amount of time to review a packet that has the background of the current study.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were challenged to meet a deadline and did not meet it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Van Nuys, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Originally I had applied to a random position I had qualified for within AB. Several months later I was contacted by HR and was selected to apply for the Group Manager position. I re-submit my application and was approved to continue the hiring process.

The first 3 stages of the hiring process were fast, transparent, and very telling. The first step was to complete a series of online questioners designed to weed out candidates that were not qualified. Simple management style questions to gauge your personality and experience with different situations.

I successfully passed that phase and moved on to yet another online assessment where I had to answer more business minded questions demonstrating my basic math, finance, and process flow abilities. The first type of question asks about your experiences at work. The second type of question asks you to solve typical work problems using information in tables, charts and graphs. The third type of question describes work situations and possible action you could take.

After passing this step, I scheduled an on-site interview with the Operations Manager at the brewery. I had scheduled the interview for early in the morning and was directed to the security office where I was instructed on where to go. It seemed like a very close-knit community when stepping foot onto the AB facility, as it seems everyone knows everyone else.

After sitting in the lobby for quite some time, everyone was ready to begin the interview, but there had been some big brewery emergency and my interview had been cut down from 3 people to 1 person. I didn't mind the one-on-one experience, but I feel it had held me back from answering more of a wide array of questions, and getting to ask different people about different elements of their job and operational function. Regardless, I felt it went very well, and I proceeded to await further communication from the HR manager.

I successfully passed the interview step and was then assigned to conduct another series of tests and TAP assessments - developing a Brewing Schedule, meeting with an employee, and meeting with a team (of two other people). I'd have to say the brewing schedule will trip anyone up if you're not methodical about it or cannot pinpoint your mistakes. The employees are easy to handle if you avoid confrontations, are assertive, and can manage the anger level.

I had passed that portion and the next step was to schedule a final interview with the Brewery GM and some other individuals. This group setting was very informal. They did not have a set list of those packet questions to ask so they just grilled me on my personality, experiences, contacts, desire to work, etc. Very informal, positive, and reassuring.

This entire process took about 1 month. Then the waiting game commenced. I have been waiting for a response regarding my progress for 2 months, and it was about 2 weeks short of the three month mark of total time from start to "finish" that I received an email letting me know I was still being considered and they were still interviewing candidates.

It's quite understandable that they have a lot of people to interview and schedules to balance, but a bit more transparency and honesty would be nice. But it turns out that's a bit far fetched. Anyway, still waiting on an answer, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd love to work here, but the waiting for a response to anything is absolutely agonizing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where the tensions were high and you had to handle a situation while respecting the others there.

Tell me about a time you had to prioritize an important task.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Van Nuys, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Step 1: Apply Online

Step 2: Received E-mail for online skills test.
    Very basic test covering basic mathematics, logic/reasoning, and least / most likely to do questions based on given scenario.

Step 3: Phone Screen Interview
    Typical phone screen. Test your fit in the position and company. Asks a lot of questions based on your resume and you must back it up with clear and precise examples as well as experience in skills related directly to the job. Ask you to rate yourself on various skills: excel, six sigma, PLC programming. TIP: Give very specific example of your work from previous experiences and elaborate.

Step 4: TAP
    Onsite telephone role play. They sit you in a room by yourself and give you packets of information to sort through and prepare for call in which you have to role play the imaginary scenario and character. CALL 1: Given a packet with various members of your team, skillset, and schedule. You boss calls you with an emergency and wants you to reassign your team members to take care of the issue, but also getting the daily schedule complete as well. CALL 2: Given emails and memos to sort through based on purchasing on new equipment or use funding on maintenance instead. Pick how you would like the money used and explain your reasoning to your coworker who is in accounting. You must present the facts from your given information to back up your reasoning. CALL 3: Three way call with two coworkers having issues working with each other and are starting to yell and bicker at each other; now the project is in danger of missing the deadline. They could not settle on how to move project forward, so as the boss you must choose. One of the callers would be offended, begin to insult the other caller and you must calm the tensions. Be specific with your decision, but also be assertive in having the confidence in them, so they would continue working together. TIP: No way to really prepare as it TAP was uncommon to me. Just play the role, don't stress, and have fun.

Step 5: Final Interview
    Onsite interview with same questions from the phone screen with Brewery Manager, Brew Master, and HR Person. TIP: Tell them why you want to work for Anheuser. That reason is very important to them.

Step 6: Loss for words
    I applied for one position and was sure I got it; however, HR called and would like to have me interview for Group Manager instead. I was floored, but understood and felt it was a great opportunity. They told me they had to get word back from corporate and should take 3 days.

Step 7: Emotionally Drained
    Thought I got the position, but 1 month passed before I got an email say they actually wanted to interview me again.

Step 8: Final Interview: Part 2
    Same questions as previous interview, but had to convince them you want this job. TIP: Don't be afraid to tell them why you want this job.

Step 9: Offer
    Got an offer in the email a few days later stating an offer was in the mail. Pending drug and background check, I should be in.

Overall Feelings:
    Process took a little over 4 months. It is a long and emotionally draining process, but AB knows who they want and want to choose the right person, so that is not only understandable, but beneficial to their future hires.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiated because it was fair.

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

Quite challenging but a great process. Lots of tell me about yourself questions.