Anheuser-Busch Group Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anheuser-Busch Group Manager Interview Questions

3.3

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in February 2016.

Interview

Went through a quick screening call and then three phone interviews. The first 2 were with HR people and the last one was with department managers. They mainly asked why I was interested in working there and working in that role, plus a LOT of "tell me a time when" questions. The second two interviews were essentially just "tell me a time when" questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to compromise between short term and long term goals.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Anheuser-Busch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Baton Rouge, LA) in February 2016.

Interview

The Interview Process is very lengthy and intricate. After my initial application was processed I took a personality test and simple IQ assessment questionnaire. After that I had an initial interview at my college and the phone TAP assessment. I am still waiting to hear back for the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a challenge that you made for yourself or had given to you and how did you accomplish it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Williamsburg, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was incredibly lengthy and time-consuming. You have an initial online questionnaire, then a problem-solving online assignment, then you have to interview onsite, then you have to the TAPS assessment.

The online phases aren't terribly difficult, though they are time-consuming, especially assuming you are applying for other jobs as well. Prepare to spend several hours slogging through them.

The onsite interview is conducted by two people simultaneously. My experience with this was mostly positive, and they seemed receptive to my answers. Confidence and using the STAR method response will take you far here. The real challenge is yet to come.

Let me just say that the TAPS assessment is enough to make you not want the job. They give you a period of time to try to figure out the schedule rules (hint: there are TONS of them and neglecting even one of them will mess up your whole schedule) and make an appropriately organized schedule, then your "boss" calls you. He'll rush you through it and give you a hard time about any issues with it, then you prep for the next section. The scheduling is the kind of thing you would normally have weeks to learn during your training, and here you have an hour to learn and make it, then they're surprised your result isn't perfect? Next you have to figure out how to convince an employee who clearly doesn't want to work for the company to start helping her fellow employees. Honestly, if I met an employee this lackadaisical, I would immediately recommend they be fired, not waste my breath convincing them to do their job. Finally, the worst part: you have to conduct a meeting with two employees who argue incessantly and thoroughly enjoy interrupting you. You can try to rule with an iron fist, though they're going to keep interrupting anyway. Don't expect to finish all your items in time.

If I had known this process was going to be such a pain, I never would have wasted my time applying. Unless it really is your dream to work at a brewery, give this place a pass.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel are your best qualities?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time where you led a group and successfully solved a problem.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoneton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Phoneton, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was immediately sent a link for an online personality test. A week or so later, I was contacted for a 20 minute phone interview. A week after that, I was told I passed the first round of interviews and was sent a link to an hour-long math exam. After passing that, another phone interview was conducted with the original interviewer and two other executives. I then never heard from the company again. Not sure what fell through the cracks, but I did feel it was incredibly rude not to even email me that the position was filled, instead I was left hanging with no one answering my emails inquiring about the position in the following weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Van Nuys, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Originally I had applied to a random position I had qualified for within AB. Several months later I was contacted by HR and was selected to apply for the Group Manager position. I re-submit my application and was approved to continue the hiring process.

The first 3 stages of the hiring process were fast, transparent, and very telling. The first step was to complete a series of online questioners designed to weed out candidates that were not qualified. Simple management style questions to gauge your personality and experience with different situations.

I successfully passed that phase and moved on to yet another online assessment where I had to answer more business minded questions demonstrating my basic math, finance, and process flow abilities. The first type of question asks about your experiences at work. The second type of question asks you to solve typical work problems using information in tables, charts and graphs. The third type of question describes work situations and possible action you could take.

After passing this step, I scheduled an on-site interview with the Operations Manager at the brewery. I had scheduled the interview for early in the morning and was directed to the security office where I was instructed on where to go. It seemed like a very close-knit community when stepping foot onto the AB facility, as it seems everyone knows everyone else.

After sitting in the lobby for quite some time, everyone was ready to begin the interview, but there had been some big brewery emergency and my interview had been cut down from 3 people to 1 person. I didn't mind the one-on-one experience, but I feel it had held me back from answering more of a wide array of questions, and getting to ask different people about different elements of their job and operational function. Regardless, I felt it went very well, and I proceeded to await further communication from the HR manager.

I successfully passed the interview step and was then assigned to conduct another series of tests and TAP assessments - developing a Brewing Schedule, meeting with an employee, and meeting with a team (of two other people). I'd have to say the brewing schedule will trip anyone up if you're not methodical about it or cannot pinpoint your mistakes. The employees are easy to handle if you avoid confrontations, are assertive, and can manage the anger level.

I had passed that portion and the next step was to schedule a final interview with the Brewery GM and some other individuals. This group setting was very informal. They did not have a set list of those packet questions to ask so they just grilled me on my personality, experiences, contacts, desire to work, etc. Very informal, positive, and reassuring.

This entire process took about 1 month. Then the waiting game commenced. I have been waiting for a response regarding my progress for 2 months, and it was about 2 weeks short of the three month mark of total time from start to "finish" that I received an email letting me know I was still being considered and they were still interviewing candidates.

It's quite understandable that they have a lot of people to interview and schedules to balance, but a bit more transparency and honesty would be nice. But it turns out that's a bit far fetched. Anyway, still waiting on an answer, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd love to work here, but the waiting for a response to anything is absolutely agonizing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where the tensions were high and you had to handle a situation while respecting the others there.

Tell me about a time you had to prioritize an important task.
      Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

Took a few weeks. Met on campus. Had an interview at school, then had to take a few online tests (basic math, what would you do in this situation kind of questions). Had a phone interview with them and that's it.

Interview Questions

• lots of what would you do in this situation type questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Newark, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

Met A-B at a college career fair and was basically pre-screened at their table. Also applied online through college's job board. Got an interview which was 2:1 for about 45 minutes, questions were STAR method and very typical. Received an email a week later saying they were no longer interested.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you disagreed with a coworker and what happened?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

The first step was to take a computer test that lasted for roughly an hour, followed by a twenty minute math test. Then there was a 1on 1 interview. The hour long computer test was a lot of managerial scenarios that asked what would you most likely do and what would you least likely do in each situation along with general chart and table reading questions. Some of the questions asked you to perform some scheduling and such. The math test was pretty basic with no difficult calculations, just testing one's knowledge of the concepts more. The one on one interview was pretty standard name a time when this happened, or name a time when that happened. The one on one interview lasted for roughly forty five minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to persuade someone to switch their opinion or approach on a topic.   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

It's a three part process, starting off with a phone interview. The questions are pretty basic "tell me about a time..." The second portion is a test, made up of role plays, and scheduling, and basic math, lasting about 6-7 hours. The final interview: you meet with many managers, pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary, all organizational examples and questions about your analytical skills.   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in May 2012.

Interview

Got a phone interview. I was put on speaker phone and talked with 3 people about the position. The questions were mainly on telling them stories to show your leadership skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone in your group wasn't pulling their weight? How did you respond?   Answer Question