Anheuser-Busch Group Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anheuser-Busch Group Manager Interview Questions

3.5

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Williamsburg, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was incredibly lengthy and time-consuming. You have an initial online questionnaire, then a problem-solving online assignment, then you have to interview onsite, then you have to the TAPS assessment.

The online phases aren't terribly difficult, though they are time-consuming, especially assuming you are applying for other jobs as well. Prepare to spend several hours slogging through them.

The onsite interview is conducted by two people simultaneously. My experience with this was mostly positive, and they seemed receptive to my answers. Confidence and using the STAR method response will take you far here. The real challenge is yet to come.

Let me just say that the TAPS assessment is enough to make you not want the job. They give you a period of time to try to figure out the schedule rules (hint: there are TONS of them and neglecting even one of them will mess up your whole schedule) and make an appropriately organized schedule, then your "boss" calls you. He'll rush you through it and give you a hard time about any issues with it, then you prep for the next section. The scheduling is the kind of thing you would normally have weeks to learn during your training, and here you have an hour to learn and make it, then they're surprised your result isn't perfect? Next you have to figure out how to convince an employee who clearly doesn't want to work for the company to start helping her fellow employees. Honestly, if I met an employee this lackadaisical, I would immediately recommend they be fired, not waste my breath convincing them to do their job. Finally, the worst part: you have to conduct a meeting with two employees who argue incessantly and thoroughly enjoy interrupting you. You can try to rule with an iron fist, though they're going to keep interrupting anyway. Don't expect to finish all your items in time.

If I had known this process was going to be such a pain, I never would have wasted my time applying. Unless it really is your dream to work at a brewery, give this place a pass.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel are your best qualities?   1 Answer
  • Give an example of a time where you led a group and successfully solved a problem.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Anheuser-Busch

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (New York, NY).

Interview

2 online assessments, 1 phone screen with HR and a general manager, then the TAP phone assessment which I did not move forward after. The online assessments were fairly simple and the phone screen was more conversational than anything else. The TAP assessment, however, was simple to miss the mark on and quite stressful to complete within the timeline.

Interview Questions

• The TAP assessment was role playing based and very challenging within the time limit. Having an answer down is more important than having the perfect answer I gathered.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Van Nuys, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Step 1: Apply Online

Step 2: Received E-mail for online skills test.
    Very basic test covering basic mathematics, logic/reasoning, and least / most likely to do questions based on given scenario.

Step 3: Phone Screen Interview
    Typical phone screen. Test your fit in the position and company. Asks a lot of questions based on your resume and you must back it up with clear and precise examples as well as experience in skills related directly to the job. Ask you to rate yourself on various skills: excel, six sigma, PLC programming. TIP: Give very specific example of your work from previous experiences and elaborate.

Step 4: TAP
    Onsite telephone role play. They sit you in a room by yourself and give you packets of information to sort through and prepare for call in which you have to role play the imaginary scenario and character. CALL 1: Given a packet with various members of your team, skillset, and schedule. You boss calls you with an emergency and wants you to reassign your team members to take care of the issue, but also getting the daily schedule complete as well. CALL 2: Given emails and memos to sort through based on purchasing on new equipment or use funding on maintenance instead. Pick how you would like the money used and explain your reasoning to your coworker who is in accounting. You must present the facts from your given information to back up your reasoning. CALL 3: Three way call with two coworkers having issues working with each other and are starting to yell and bicker at each other; now the project is in danger of missing the deadline. They could not settle on how to move project forward, so as the boss you must choose. One of the callers would be offended, begin to insult the other caller and you must calm the tensions. Be specific with your decision, but also be assertive in having the confidence in them, so they would continue working together. TIP: No way to really prepare as it TAP was uncommon to me. Just play the role, don't stress, and have fun.

Step 5: Final Interview
    Onsite interview with same questions from the phone screen with Brewery Manager, Brew Master, and HR Person. TIP: Tell them why you want to work for Anheuser. That reason is very important to them.

Step 6: Loss for words
    I applied for one position and was sure I got it; however, HR called and would like to have me interview for Group Manager instead. I was floored, but understood and felt it was a great opportunity. They told me they had to get word back from corporate and should take 3 days.

Step 7: Emotionally Drained
    Thought I got the position, but 1 month passed before I got an email say they actually wanted to interview me again.

Step 8: Final Interview: Part 2
    Same questions as previous interview, but had to convince them you want this job. TIP: Don't be afraid to tell them why you want this job.

Step 9: Offer
    Got an offer in the email a few days later stating an offer was in the mail. Pending drug and background check, I should be in.

Overall Feelings:
    Process took a little over 4 months. It is a long and emotionally draining process, but AB knows who they want and want to choose the right person, so that is not only understandable, but beneficial to their future hires.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiated because it was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Van Nuys, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Originally I had applied to a random position I had qualified for within AB. Several months later I was contacted by HR and was selected to apply for the Group Manager position. I re-submit my application and was approved to continue the hiring process.

The first 3 stages of the hiring process were fast, transparent, and very telling. The first step was to complete a series of online questioners designed to weed out candidates that were not qualified. Simple management style questions to gauge your personality and experience with different situations.

I successfully passed that phase and moved on to yet another online assessment where I had to answer more business minded questions demonstrating my basic math, finance, and process flow abilities. The first type of question asks about your experiences at work. The second type of question asks you to solve typical work problems using information in tables, charts and graphs. The third type of question describes work situations and possible action you could take.

After passing this step, I scheduled an on-site interview with the Operations Manager at the brewery. I had scheduled the interview for early in the morning and was directed to the security office where I was instructed on where to go. It seemed like a very close-knit community when stepping foot onto the AB facility, as it seems everyone knows everyone else.

After sitting in the lobby for quite some time, everyone was ready to begin the interview, but there had been some big brewery emergency and my interview had been cut down from 3 people to 1 person. I didn't mind the one-on-one experience, but I feel it had held me back from answering more of a wide array of questions, and getting to ask different people about different elements of their job and operational function. Regardless, I felt it went very well, and I proceeded to await further communication from the HR manager.

I successfully passed the interview step and was then assigned to conduct another series of tests and TAP assessments - developing a Brewing Schedule, meeting with an employee, and meeting with a team (of two other people). I'd have to say the brewing schedule will trip anyone up if you're not methodical about it or cannot pinpoint your mistakes. The employees are easy to handle if you avoid confrontations, are assertive, and can manage the anger level.

I had passed that portion and the next step was to schedule a final interview with the Brewery GM and some other individuals. This group setting was very informal. They did not have a set list of those packet questions to ask so they just grilled me on my personality, experiences, contacts, desire to work, etc. Very informal, positive, and reassuring.

This entire process took about 1 month. Then the waiting game commenced. I have been waiting for a response regarding my progress for 2 months, and it was about 2 weeks short of the three month mark of total time from start to "finish" that I received an email letting me know I was still being considered and they were still interviewing candidates.

It's quite understandable that they have a lot of people to interview and schedules to balance, but a bit more transparency and honesty would be nice. But it turns out that's a bit far fetched. Anyway, still waiting on an answer, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd love to work here, but the waiting for a response to anything is absolutely agonizing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where the tensions were high and you had to handle a situation while respecting the others there.

Tell me about a time you had to prioritize an important task.   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

Quite challenging but a great process. Lots of tell me about yourself questions.

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

First interview asked for team leadership experience and situational questions about how you handled the people around you.

Second interview was similar, just more in depth about teamwork. Then two "tests" followed about time planning/management/scheduling.

Interview Questions

• The pseudo-tests they had were difficult. Dealt with different length processes and fitting them together to make the most efficient use of the time provided.   Answer Question

Disapproved of the location

Group Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2012.

Interview

The process was extremely grueling, but it is refreshing to see a company that is so concerned about hiring the right person. First came a notification by the HR rep about wanting a phone screen. This was mostly background questions (education, social affiliations etc). I was notified about a week later of another phone screen with their operations manager. This was very similar to the first with more discussion of job history and experiences. After that came a third phone screen with the plant and production managers which was more structured and included a handful of 'tell me a time' type of questions.

A couple weeks later I was invited on site and had a 2 on 1 interview with the HR/plant manager. After that I took a math test and a personality test. The math was high school level arithmetic and dealt primarily with extracting important information from graphs/charts. The personality test was 100 situational questions.

After passing those, the following day I took a test called the TAP (no clue what it stands for and the people there don't know either). It was 3.5 hours of pure torture. Reading 3 different packets and then having 3 separate 15 minute phone conversations with people pretending to be your boss (scenario 1 where you develope a daily production schedule) and employees on your crew (scenario's 2 and 3 where you have to encourage teamwork with a disgruntled mechanic and go over a series of memo's with 2 employees in a conference call skit). Very awkward but I was notified on my way home that I had passed.

A couple of days later I had 2 last phone screens. The first was with corporate people and the second was actually with the CEO of the MCC. The last interview was the most intense. He was very, very proficient at interviewing in comparison to the others and really challenged me to state my best case for why I should have the job.

An hour or so after that a contingent offer was made upon passing a background and drug screen. I accepted the job and am still in the contingency phase until passing these last tests. Overall a very good experience!

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time where you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you handled it?"   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in March 2011.

Interview

Be warned that the interview process is very lengthy and somewhat repetitive.
    You will meet or speak with multiple levels of management to ensure that the company and position is a good fit for both parties.
    My personal interview process consisted of a phone screening, on site management skill/role play assessment, panel interview, additional phone interview.
    The management assessment and math skills test are both quick and easy.
    The role is slightly more challenging and will be difficult for someone with weak interpersonal skills. They do make it pretty obvious when you do something wrong during the role play.
    All face to face interviews are pretty standard and consist of "tell me a time when..." style questions.
    They will only progress you through these steps if you are a contender for the position so stay positive and make sure to FOLLOW UP all interviews with thank you emails.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were faced with a difficult problem that you didnt know start solving.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you saw someone being treated unfairly, how did you respond?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation. Most people they are hiring are college grads and giving the high level of competition they really don't need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Baldwinsville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Baldwinsville, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted a few days later to have an group/panel interview and complete a management/skills test and a math test the next week. After two weeks i was contacted to have another Panel interview and complete a over the phone management test.

The first panel interview was with lower level management and area managers. It was a very standard interview that included ~8-10 "tell me about a time" questions and the give me your history questions. Very basic, easy and strait forward. The mathematical test included basic math and was mainly related to pricing, and scheduling/orders. There were also a few questions that involved the use of tables/graphs and extracting relevant information from them. The personality test assessed work styles, values, etc.

The Second interview was with plant upper management was a very "get to know you" type informal interview with a few "tell me about a time" questions. For the first part of the role play, I had to create a production schedule for the day. The second part simulated a meeting in which I needed to address a difficult employee that transferred to my factory and was not willing to help other employees because he felt the tasks (which were actually included in his job description) were below his position as a mechanic. The third part of the role play required me to read email memos and decide what information I did/did not want to share with 2 of my employees in a meeting and also involved mediation/conflict resolution involving issues between their two departments.

Overall a great process for really knowing the applicant involving testing, interviewing and management conflict resolution. The phone interview was very awkward (especially trying to do conflict resolution over a phone meeting) at times and it was very obvious what the point was, and once complete it was obvious what you did right and did wrong.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you took additional responsibilities without being asked.   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time that you had to complete a difficult task that you didn't know how to approach.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Merrimack, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Merrimack, NH) in January 2011.

Interview

There were many steps in the interview process. First, I had to submit an application on their website. Next, there was a 30-minute phone interview with an HR representative. After that, they scheduled a more in-depth phone interview. Next, I spent a day on-site completing a series of 2-person behavioral interviews, a mathematical/problem-solving skills test, a multiple-choice personality test, and then a 3-part roleplay over the phone. From my understanding, the events that I completed in the all-day visit sometimes occur over a series of on-site visits.

The first phone interview was pretty basic and the HR representative asked about my work/education experience. The second phone interview was behavioral and also involved questions about my past experience. The behavioral interviews were fairly typical and questions were mostly structured in the "Tell me a time..." format. Be sure to have questions to ask at the end of your interviews! The interviewers seemed friendly, proud of their work, and somewhat laidback. At the same time, it did seem like the people had issues finding a work/life balance.

For the first part of the role play, I had to create a production schedule for the day. The second part simulated a meeting in which I needed to address a difficult employee that transferred to my factory and was not willing to help other employees because he felt the tasks (which were actually included in his job description) were below his position as a mechanic. The third part of the role play required me to read email memos and decide what information I did/did not want to share with 2 of my employees in a meeting and also involved mediation/conflict resolution involving issues between their two departments. The role play was my least favorite part of the interview process and I felt it was somewhat awkward and forced.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to defend a decision you made.   Answer Question