Anheuser-Busch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

3.3

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2014.

Interview

Received a call from a hiring manager and had a phone screening. A week or two later received a call asking to come in for an interview. All of the people were nice up until the interview. Had three managers in the interview. They all took notes and would not make eye contact. It was a very bizarre situation.

Interview Questions

• All open ended questions. Describe a project you worked on and describe any challenges you had to overcome.   1 Answer

Sales Trainee Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

I completed the online application, then two easy online tests.

Later I was invited to do a Skype interview with an HR/Sales person. This was straightforward.

After, I was invited to a panel interview in NYC. This interview was only 45 minutes and pretty intimidating. Just be confident and research the company/industry and remain consistent.

Interview Questions

• Should we display nutritional information on our beers?   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Williamsburg, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was incredibly lengthy and time-consuming. You have an initial online questionnaire, then a problem-solving online assignment, then you have to interview onsite, then you have to the TAPS assessment.

The online phases aren't terribly difficult, though they are time-consuming, especially assuming you are applying for other jobs as well. Prepare to spend several hours slogging through them.

The onsite interview is conducted by two people simultaneously. My experience with this was mostly positive, and they seemed receptive to my answers. Confidence and using the STAR method response will take you far here. The real challenge is yet to come.

Let me just say that the TAPS assessment is enough to make you not want the job. They give you a period of time to try to figure out the schedule rules (hint: there are TONS of them and neglecting even one of them will mess up your whole schedule) and make an appropriately organized schedule, then your "boss" calls you. He'll rush you through it and give you a hard time about any issues with it, then you prep for the next section. The scheduling is the kind of thing you would normally have weeks to learn during your training, and here you have an hour to learn and make it, then they're surprised your result isn't perfect? Next you have to figure out how to convince an employee who clearly doesn't want to work for the company to start helping her fellow employees. Honestly, if I met an employee this lackadaisical, I would immediately recommend they be fired, not waste my breath convincing them to do their job. Finally, the worst part: you have to conduct a meeting with two employees who argue incessantly and thoroughly enjoy interrupting you. You can try to rule with an iron fist, though they're going to keep interrupting anyway. Don't expect to finish all your items in time.

If I had known this process was going to be such a pain, I never would have wasted my time applying. Unless it really is your dream to work at a brewery, give this place a pass.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel are your best qualities?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time where you led a group and successfully solved a problem.   1 Answer

Brewing Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Columbus, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was very lengthy and exhausting. This was THE hardest interview process I've ever been through. Started with 3 pre screening tests. Tested you as a fit for culture, basic math skills, and how you think in certain work situations. From there is a phone screen. When you pass that there is on site interview with HR and another group manager. Next is a TAP test. There are three scenarios in which you are asked to make a brewing schedule and diffuse disputes with employees. Lastly, if you pass, there is the third and final interview with the GM, HRM, Brew master and the Production manager. The interviews were long, but full of information. In the end I got an off and accepted. The background check takes 1-2wks. Make sure you stay positive and send thank you emails after each step.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to diffuse a difficult work situation.   Answer Question

Global Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2014.

Interview

The GMT Program interview process is a multiple stage process that is very rigorous. While it is a challenging process, the job is well worth the effort. They are really focused on finding people who will be good culture fits in the company. It is important to be confident and true to yourself throughout the interviews because there are a lot of steps so if you aren't it will shine through.

Interview Questions

• During the final panel interview they asked "Why should we pick you to be a part of the GMT class over the other candidates?"   Answer Question

Packaging Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

Many different levels to the interview process
    I don'y know what else you would like me to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Telephone interview
    IQ Test
    1 on 1 with HR Personnel interview
    Panel Interview
    Hair Sample Drug Test (6 months)

Negotiation

Category Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

Go through Envision staffing services for initial phone interview, after that interview prepare to be barraged by behavioral/situational interview questions by a 3-4 person panel, and pretty much only those type of questions. Master the STAR technique: Situation Task Action & Response.

Interview Questions

• paraphrased - Tell me about a time where you were faced with a hard situation in the work place. What actions did you take to resolve the situation and what was the result of those actions?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2010.

Interview

You will have 1 interview with the branch manger and a DSM. they will ask you a bunch of questions of what you would do in certain situations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none

Global Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied for this position through our campus recruiting service. I was sent an email soon after with links to a personality fit test and IQ test. Three days later I was sent an email inviting me to an on campus case interview. For the case interview, they sat me in a room and gave me a packet of information and told me that I had 30 min to come up with a solution and formulate an eight minute presentation to pitch to the interviewers in the next room. After the presentation the interviewers asked a couple questions and said that they would let me know the results of the interview by phone that night.

They called me that night and invited me to another on campus interview at 10:00 the next morning. This was a typical behavioral interview that lasted about 35 minutes. They notified me about 4 days later that I was invited to fly out to St. Louis for a group interview.

This group interview consisted of a business simulation where we were split into teams to make business decisions to try and win the competition. After the simulation, they took us to see (and take photos with) the famous Clydesdale horses. We then got to tour the facilities and browse the gift shop.

I was contacted by email later that week to say that I would be flown out to the final interview stage, the panel interview. This day they gave us a brewing tutorial and then took 6 candidates into a room to have a group interview with 6 of the top employees in the organization, including the North American Zone President. They asked individual questions and asked us to ask each other questions.

I was called 3 days later and informed that I was not being offered the job because they felt that I was not committed to the company in the long term.

Global Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

First round interview was a group business simulation. Room was cut in half and presented a case. Had 30 minutes to plan, 10 minutes to speak. The goal here is to be the obvious leader. Not just the person who talks the loundest but someone who takes charge and offers solid advice and reasons. I was not this person and did not move on. 1:1 interview would have occurred the very next day.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement two new beers into the current portfolio.   1 Answer