Anheuser-Busch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

3.4

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2014.

Interview

Received a call from a hiring manager and had a phone screening. A week or two later received a call asking to come in for an interview. All of the people were nice up until the interview. Had three managers in the interview. They all took notes and would not make eye contact. It was a very bizarre situation.

Interview Questions

• All open ended questions. Describe a project you worked on and describe any challenges you had to overcome.   1 Answer

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamsburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Williamsburg, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was incredibly lengthy and time-consuming. You have an initial online questionnaire, then a problem-solving online assignment, then you have to interview onsite, then you have to the TAPS assessment.

The online phases aren't terribly difficult, though they are time-consuming, especially assuming you are applying for other jobs as well. Prepare to spend several hours slogging through them.

The onsite interview is conducted by two people simultaneously. My experience with this was mostly positive, and they seemed receptive to my answers. Confidence and using the STAR method response will take you far here. The real challenge is yet to come.

Let me just say that the TAPS assessment is enough to make you not want the job. They give you a period of time to try to figure out the schedule rules (hint: there are TONS of them and neglecting even one of them will mess up your whole schedule) and make an appropriately organized schedule, then your "boss" calls you. He'll rush you through it and give you a hard time about any issues with it, then you prep for the next section. The scheduling is the kind of thing you would normally have weeks to learn during your training, and here you have an hour to learn and make it, then they're surprised your result isn't perfect? Next you have to figure out how to convince an employee who clearly doesn't want to work for the company to start helping her fellow employees. Honestly, if I met an employee this lackadaisical, I would immediately recommend they be fired, not waste my breath convincing them to do their job. Finally, the worst part: you have to conduct a meeting with two employees who argue incessantly and thoroughly enjoy interrupting you. You can try to rule with an iron fist, though they're going to keep interrupting anyway. Don't expect to finish all your items in time.

If I had known this process was going to be such a pain, I never would have wasted my time applying. Unless it really is your dream to work at a brewery, give this place a pass.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel are your best qualities?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time where you led a group and successfully solved a problem.   1 Answer

Category Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

Go through Envision staffing services for initial phone interview, after that interview prepare to be barraged by behavioral/situational interview questions by a 3-4 person panel, and pretty much only those type of questions. Master the STAR technique: Situation Task Action & Response.

Interview Questions

• paraphrased - Tell me about a time where you were faced with a hard situation in the work place. What actions did you take to resolve the situation and what was the result of those actions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied for this position through our campus recruiting service. I was sent an email soon after with links to a personality fit test and IQ test. Three days later I was sent an email inviting me to an on campus case interview. For the case interview, they sat me in a room and gave me a packet of information and told me that I had 30 min to come up with a solution and formulate an eight minute presentation to pitch to the interviewers in the next room. After the presentation the interviewers asked a couple questions and said that they would let me know the results of the interview by phone that night.

They called me that night and invited me to another on campus interview at 10:00 the next morning. This was a typical behavioral interview that lasted about 35 minutes. They notified me about 4 days later that I was invited to fly out to St. Louis for a group interview.

This group interview consisted of a business simulation where we were split into teams to make business decisions to try and win the competition. After the simulation, they took us to see (and take photos with) the famous Clydesdale horses. We then got to tour the facilities and browse the gift shop.

I was contacted by email later that week to say that I would be flown out to the final interview stage, the panel interview. This day they gave us a brewing tutorial and then took 6 candidates into a room to have a group interview with 6 of the top employees in the organization, including the North American Zone President. They asked individual questions and asked us to ask each other questions.

I was called 3 days later and informed that I was not being offered the job because they felt that I was not committed to the company in the long term.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2011.

Interview

First round interview was a group business simulation. Room was cut in half and presented a case. Had 30 minutes to plan, 10 minutes to speak. The goal here is to be the obvious leader. Not just the person who talks the loundest but someone who takes charge and offers solid advice and reasons. I was not this person and did not move on. 1:1 interview would have occurred the very next day.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement two new beers into the current portfolio.   1 Answer

Global Management Trainee Program Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in December 2009.

Interview

There are six stages to the selection process:
    1. CV-screening
    Good academics results and proof of initiative wrt extracurricular activities are essential here.
    2. Online test on abstract reasoning skills & cultural fit
    As the description indicates this stage involves a lot of reasoning and personality tests. You first have to fill in some motivational boxes, e.g. why you want to join AB Inbev. Then there is a timed part (90 minutes) in which your personality is mapped and IQ/intelligence is tested by means of multiple choice questions.
    3. Video interview
    If all this goes well you are invited for a video interview (skype was used) and you're asked typical interview questions (e.g. what are your strengths, weaknesses, disappointments, motivation for life changing decisions etc.). From feedback I derived that it is important to be quick on your feet, and be prepared. These types of questions are pretty standard so look them up. It is also quite essential that you know the company itself, so browse the website thoroughly.
    4. First assessment day
    All over Europe assessment days (10 in total) are held where you are expected to prepare a business case in 20 minutes and then discuss it in group, coming to a consensus and a final decision. The key to being successful here is being fast, you don't get time to read everything so be selective. I was presented with a business case in which you had to pick a project to use a budget for. There wasn't a lot of creativity involved, the main distinguishing features were taking charge ("leading the meeting, keeping time") and being analytical, keep figures in your head. Sadly this is where the application process ended for me. After this stage only 40 applicants remained.
    5. AB Inbev day
    Another assessment day where approximately half/ a third is eliminated.
    6. Panel interview
    A panel interview at AB Inbev HQ with high ranking managers among which the CEO, Carlos Brito.

Overall perception:
    The selection is hard for "normal" master's degree (soon to be) graduates as myself. Most of the people present had internship/post master experience. However AB Inbev comes across as very professional and interesting to work for. The program is extremely selective, only 10-20 people are selected from a pool of a couple of thousand applicants, coming from all over Europe.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest disappointment recently?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a situation where one of your weaknesses showed itself.   1 Answer

Global Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied for the Global Management Trainee summer internship. After applying through my school's job search platform, I was sent an email with a link for a behavioral test. After passing that, I was sent a link to a logical test that must be taken within a few days of the first test. When I passed the second test I was invited for an interview. It was a case study that you have 30 minutes to go over the material, and then you must present your answer to an interviewer. After I passed the case study I was invited for a regular interview the next day. About a week after the second interview, I was notified that I was not selected to continue in the hiring process

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your greatest accomplishment in your work experience   Answer Question

Global Management Training Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online on the company website, two tests- one personality and one logic, then if your resume was selected you had a case interview on campus, followed by a behavioral interview the next day, then a final group panel in New York City. Interviews were 2 on 1 and the logic tests are designed to be passed.

Interview Questions

• What was the most innovative process you've ever put into practice?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sylmar, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Sylmar, CA).

Interview

Initially received an interest email requesting I take a personality test online and complete their online application. Then I got scheduled for a phone screening. The interviewer threw me off by asking me the 2 questions I wrote here. I figured anybody with a brain would know why anyone joins a professional organization (to gain additional knowledge, network, obtain an affiliation and ultimately just to list it on your resume!!)

Interview Questions

• Name someone who was a mentor to you and discuss how they influenced you & what you learned from them.   1 Answer

Logistics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (New York, NY).

Interview

Received email asking me to take cultural fit assessment, passed it, received another email asking me to do an video interview. Video interview 5 questions 2 mins per question record it as many times as you need