Anheuser-Busch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anheuser-Busch Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2017

3.3

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in June 2010.

Interview

The whole process took a little over a month. I had a phone interview first. Then I went in and met with the managers of my department. then I came back to meet the 2 main bosses. Then I had to come back a third time with college transcripts, a drug test, a full background check. The interviews were very probing, a lot of "tell me a time when..."

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was given my offer and told I couldn' negotiate...rather strange.

Global Management Trainee Program Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in December 2009.

Interview

There are six stages to the selection process:
    1. CV-screening
    Good academics results and proof of initiative wrt extracurricular activities are essential here.
    2. Online test on abstract reasoning skills & cultural fit
    As the description indicates this stage involves a lot of reasoning and personality tests. You first have to fill in some motivational boxes, e.g. why you want to join AB Inbev. Then there is a timed part (90 minutes) in which your personality is mapped and IQ/intelligence is tested by means of multiple choice questions.
    3. Video interview
    If all this goes well you are invited for a video interview (skype was used) and you're asked typical interview questions (e.g. what are your strengths, weaknesses, disappointments, motivation for life changing decisions etc.). From feedback I derived that it is important to be quick on your feet, and be prepared. These types of questions are pretty standard so look them up. It is also quite essential that you know the company itself, so browse the website thoroughly.
    4. First assessment day
    All over Europe assessment days (10 in total) are held where you are expected to prepare a business case in 20 minutes and then discuss it in group, coming to a consensus and a final decision. The key to being successful here is being fast, you don't get time to read everything so be selective. I was presented with a business case in which you had to pick a project to use a budget for. There wasn't a lot of creativity involved, the main distinguishing features were taking charge ("leading the meeting, keeping time") and being analytical, keep figures in your head. Sadly this is where the application process ended for me. After this stage only 40 applicants remained.
    5. AB Inbev day
    Another assessment day where approximately half/ a third is eliminated.
    6. Panel interview
    A panel interview at AB Inbev HQ with high ranking managers among which the CEO, Carlos Brito.

Overall perception:
    The selection is hard for "normal" master's degree (soon to be) graduates as myself. Most of the people present had internship/post master experience. However AB Inbev comes across as very professional and interesting to work for. The program is extremely selective, only 10-20 people are selected from a pool of a couple of thousand applicants, coming from all over Europe.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest disappointment recently?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a situation where one of your weaknesses showed itself.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in January 2009.

Interview

3 interviews total. Extensive backround check. Personality test with situational questions. Laid back company culture but uptight interviews. Advice would be to prepare for "Name a time when" questions. Drug tests are mandatory.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Process was very thorough - met with 3 hr professionals, 3 business line professionals across a variety of mediums - phone, in office, and Skype. Every step of the way was extremely casual (from a people perspective) but challenging (from a personal experience, goals, etc. Perspective). Took about a month from initial phone screen (applied via LinkedIn) to receiving offer.

Interview Questions

• If we are at your retirement party, what job are you retiring from?   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (New York, NY).

Interview

2 online assessments, 1 phone screen with HR and a general manager, then the TAP phone assessment which I did not move forward after. The online assessments were fairly simple and the phone screen was more conversational than anything else. The TAP assessment, however, was simple to miss the mark on and quite stressful to complete within the timeline.

Interview Questions

• The TAP assessment was role playing based and very challenging within the time limit. Having an answer down is more important than having the perfect answer I gathered.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

So I feel obligated to write this because Glassdoor helped me so much. This is for on campus recruiting for the GMT Internship.

Network: Network with your alumni it helps. We had a tailgate

Online Test: You take two online tests. 1 culture test & 1 logic test. They aren't that bad. If you can't pass them you wouldn't get past the rest of the process, so just take them. The logic test will get increasingly harder. Therefore, if it is getting harder then you are doing well.

Case Interview: You are gonna do really bad. No one says wow that went great. You won't have enough time to do the case. No one does. Do the case as best you can then when they ask questions just speak confidently and back up your answers. I didn't even want to present mine because I thought it was so bad, but I mad it to the next round cause I defended everything I did.

Behavioral Interview: Just be yourself. There are no tricky questions. Just a culture fit test.

Panel: They interview 7 students at once and there were 4 Interviewers. I don't know what they looked for, but always be ready to speak and go off other peoples answer. One of the girls in my group cried after, another had giant pit stains, and another wouldn't talk. Therefore, my biggest advice is if you stay calm and articulate yourself well then you are going to crush everyone. I told my friends that after mine and all three of us got offers. If you answer all the questions in your head even if they get asked to other people that helps. Know the company culture and whats going one.

Overall, I didn't think it was that hard. If you're intelligent and fit the company culture you will probably get it.

Interview Questions

• Why Anheuser-Busch? - most important question. Give an example why
      Who would you name CEO on this Panel?
      Why are you Unique?   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I sent in my application and was immediately invited to complete two online tests (culture fit and logic). I passed both and waited about 2 weeks before I was invited to interview for the MTP (Marketing Trainee Program) where I had one 30 minute interview over video chat with AB two employees. About a week later I was informed that they would like to move me over to the Sales Trainee role as my interviewers felt my skills were better fit for this program. I didn't interview over skype the sales role, but instead was invited to the final in-person panel interview in NYC where there were 6 candidates and 6 executives in a room and the executives ask you anything they want... Be prepared to defend your answers, yet admit when you are wrong because they will try and break your answer apart. 8 days after the panel, I got a call informing me I'd be offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the most innovative thing you have ever seen?   Answer Question
    • If the proper and safe technology for self-driving trucks was here, would it be ok to fire the 20k truck drivers who have been with our company for years? (There are no alternative jobs for them to take)   Answer Question
    • If you made 2 billion dollars from selling snapchat, what would you do with that money?   Answer Question

Marketing Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

1st interview: short, 30 minute behavioral interview. Seems like they are trying to get a sense of who you are as a person and if you fit with their company culture
    2nd interview: 45 min NYC on-site "panel"- more like a discussion than anything. They really are just looking to see how you interact with upper-level management, respond to pressure, and think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview:
      What are your interests outside of school?
      What's your favorite brand (besides AB) and why?
      Think about an area near your school that is known for restaurants, bars, etc. How would you establish a new bar there, how would you differentiate yourself, and how would you market the beer?
      Tell us about a time you had trouble with a teammate.

2nd interview:
      They will ask you anything they want about your resume, how to market beer to a specific target group, give your opinion to another candidates answer, etc. There is no way to predict what questions will be asked, just know a lot about the beer industry, their company, and competitors. Also know all of the marketing campaigns for AB's major brands, and their competitors. Don't share an idea if you can't properly defend it.   Answer Question

Global Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Berkeley, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied for the Global Management Trainee summer internship. After applying through my school's job search platform, I was sent an email with a link for a behavioral test. After passing that, I was sent a link to a logical test that must be taken within a few days of the first test. When I passed the second test I was invited for an interview. It was a case study that you have 30 minutes to go over the material, and then you must present your answer to an interviewer. After I passed the case study I was invited for a regular interview the next day. About a week after the second interview, I was notified that I was not selected to continue in the hiring process

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your greatest accomplishment in your work experience   Answer Question

Global Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (New York, NY).

Interview

After you submit your resume, you are invited to take an online "culture fit" test, you have to take an online logical reasoning test. If you do well on both of those, then they look at your resume and decide to interview you. First interview is a 45 minute business case. If you do well, you're invited to the behavioural the next day. Next round is flying to Missouri for business simulation. And then an interview with a panel.