Anheuser-Busch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 6, 2017

3.3

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Dallas, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I was originally a contractor for 7 months and had the opportunity to interview for a Category Manager position. I first had an initial HR screening call. Then I interviewed with the Hiring Manager and the Key Account Manager over the phone. After that I waited about two weeks and then I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you received negative feedback on a project, how did you overcome the hurdles to correct the issue at hand?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Davis, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

There was an initial career fair interview, an on campus interview, a telephone test and a final interview. The telephone test was a role-play assessment that I had a fun time doing.

Category Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in November 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter followed by phone interview with hiring manager and one face to face. The decision process went much faster than I thought it would for such a large company.

Global Management Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

I was from a target school for AB, so they came to my campus and I met with the recruiters. After chatting with them, I put my name down on their list and applied...got two email quizzes, a culture and a logic test, both of which I passed. No sweat. Did a pretty comprehensive ~10 page paper case interview about launching products in the beer industry, passed, got a phone call about a personal interview (not scary), passed, then was invited to their on-site business simulation game in Saint Louis. This is where things get interesting and unusual. They took about 120 people for this stage out of (my year) 1500 applicants, so everyone was very cool, very talented, and pretty similar personality-wise. I liked everyone. They interviewed roughly 20 people at a time and sent us on a brewery tour before splitting us up into four teams which competed to be the "best" after a few rounds of competition. Winning the game didn't really seem to matter, though - there are a bunch of high up board members circulating judging everything about you the whole time. It was pretty fun and I thought I did as well as I could have - I got a lot of face time and was pretty eloquent - but I didn't end up moving on, whereas some of the people I know that did were a mix of excellent choices and people I was kind of scratching my head about. Essentially I have no idea how they select for the final round of interviews, which are panel-style in NYC. I'm still a bit broken up about not moving on, as this process was quite time-intensive and the program itself seems like a dream.

Interview Questions

• What's the most innovative idea you've ever put into practice?   Answer Question

Technical Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a video interview with them that was approximately 30 minutes long. Asked somewhat hard-hitting personal questions such as tell us one time you failed. Don't think they were going to be a good fit anyways. They said the next phase was going to be interviewing a few applicants at a time and then having us challenge the other applicants' answers to questions.

Interview Questions

• What was one time that you convinced your superiors to implement an innovation that they were originally against.   Answer Question

GMT Training Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2015.

Interview

Like everyone said, there's the 2 online tests, a business case, a structured interview, then they fly you to St Louis and then the final round is a panel interview. The business case and the structured interview were very good. I like how the business case challenged you and they were able to see your reasoning, but they also saved some time for questions about why you wanted to work for ABInbev, etc. The structured interview was just your standard interview questions and it lasted about an hour.

The next round was an Apprentice Style business simulation game. Now I had a huge problem with the Business Simulation in St. Louis.... They fly you all the way out to Saint Louis for just a 2 hr business game simulation. They don't put any effort into getting to know you or anything. Im pretty sure that the people who moved on were the people who were the loudest/most obnoxious. My team ended up winning and none of us made it through even though we all got along really well and displayed great team dynamics. They took zero interest in getting to know us and never asked us any questions about why we wanted to work for ABInbev. Candidly, I thought that was particularly frustrating.

Global Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I was referred to this position by a coworker (previously interned for AB). The first two rounds were online logic tests. They were reminiscent of SAT math questions. There was also a culture fit assessment. I was familiar with this because I had taken it for another position at ABI. Next, I was invited to do a phone business case interview. I was given a bunch of information online and had 30 minutes to make a decision about what seasonal beers to run based on the info. There isn't enough time to truly make a good informed decision so make sure you go as quickly as possible and gave reasons to backup your choices. They aren't looking for the optimal answer, just the logic behind what you decide to do and that you're using a large amount of the info presented. Next I had a Skype interview that was all behavioral questions. I thought it went well but was not invited to the next round. I believe my answers may have been too technical and they are looking for a more business minded than engineering minded person.

Logistics Development Program Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2015.

Interview

Met at career fair and filled out information online. They took attendance at the info sessions too so that's good to go to show interest. Then they had me fill out a assessment questionnaire. After that a Skype interview and then I got an email for the final audition. I already had a previous engagement on te day of the interview and after I told them they never responded to reschedule so I took an offer from another company. The final is a whole day with a lot of different interview rounds from what I was told.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

I was hired on the spot via a temp agency. I was a floater for one day and I received a call from my agent at a staffing firm that the supervisor i worked for for one day, asked me to come back. The original receptionist was no longer their and offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any questions due to I was hired via staffing agency.   2 Answers

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Simple questions about work history and also typical scenario based questions. Had to answer to two Vice Presidents at the time in one room. It was an awkward set up, but the questions asked were too bad.