Anheuser-Busch Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anheuser-Busch Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2017

3.3

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in September 2013.

Interview

I applied through Envision online. Spoke with a staffing recruiter who set up an in person interview with 2 Anheuser Busch managers. Envision helped me prepare well for the interview, but then after interviewing they strung me along for weeks saying they had not heard anything back from the hiring manager despite the interviewer commenting that a decision would be made quickly. It is now 2 months later and no response.

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

Met with the company at the career fair at my university, applied online via the career center's website, and also on the AB jobs website. Had an on-campus interview, then was invited on-site for an interview. The on-site interview was a panel with 5 interviewers and 5 other interviewees in the same room, which they did not tell us about before we got there.

Interview Questions

• When another interviewee responded to a question, they would ask another interviewee how they would react if they were their boss, what they would have done differently, or if they thought they did the best thing in that situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Good with negotiation. Got offered an internship and asked for a co-op instead, they accepted.

Information Technology Security Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in February 2013.

Interview

I was given this interview opportunity by the means of a website setup by my university/affiliates. The website is well structured and can be very resourceful (offers resume overview, tips, great detailed searches, interviews you qualify for). Companies can access student's uploaded resumes and request more information through the specific educational department.

I applied for the paid internship as a Junior with plenty of experience (3 years before I re-enrolled, and 2 years before then) as well as it being a passion of mine.

Interview scheduled on campus, and was interviewed by 3 managers per-say. One was the Network Administrator, a PR Hiring guy, and my specific project manager if hired. Switched roles between good cop/bad cop by critiquing my claimed knowledge/experience by means of asking specific detailed questions. Efficient interviewing on their part, but I could see how it could rattle others. I loved it however I was noticeably sick and apologized for that while keeping a professional demeanor.

Interview Questions

• Asked very specific programming questions regarding libraries I would use in situation X on Y hardware, etc etc.   1 Answer

Global Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in October 2014.

Interview

I met them at our Career Fair and attended one of their info sessions. I applied online and they invited me in for an initial case interview. The case itself was almost impossible to nail. You work for a hypothetical company that currently produces 4 beers. They provide how much beer is produced each season and how much revenue each beer brings in. Then they give you another list of 8 beers with the same data, and ask you to choose two beers to implement into the current beer portfolio. They also tell you which beers appeal to which target audiences, and tell you what their competitors are doing. They also tell you to come up with a marketing strategy for your new beers. They ask you to do this in 30 minutes, and then give a 10 minute presentation of your plan.

This is pretty much impossible, but the idea is to focus on the key issues and make up the rest as you go. I was only able to get to a few of the important points in my presentation, but they invited me back anyway. They don't expect you to solve everything, they just want to see your thought process.

The second round interview the next day was a very laid-back behavioral interview. I thought it went well, but for some reason was not invited to St. Louis for the third round.

Interview Questions

• What do you think Anheuser-Busch should do to improve our brand?   Answer Question

Marketing Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch in August 2014.

Interview

I was very surprised by how unprofessional the HR process was at AB. I was notified by email that I'd been selected to interview and asked to select my availability from a list of dates. Despite repeatedly following up by email and phone, I didn't hear anything back about scheduling well past the last date listed as an option. For a while, I truly suspected the interview request wasn't real. After giving up, I finally got a reply, giving me a single scheduling option two days later.

Once I finally made it to the actual interview, it was more like what I would expect from a company of this size and caliber. The questions were very tough and it did seem like their efforts to convey just how much and how hard I'd be working were a little over the top, but nothing too extreme.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which your short term goals were incompatible with your long term goals and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Van Nuys, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Step 1: Apply Online

Step 2: Received E-mail for online skills test.
    Very basic test covering basic mathematics, logic/reasoning, and least / most likely to do questions based on given scenario.

Step 3: Phone Screen Interview
    Typical phone screen. Test your fit in the position and company. Asks a lot of questions based on your resume and you must back it up with clear and precise examples as well as experience in skills related directly to the job. Ask you to rate yourself on various skills: excel, six sigma, PLC programming. TIP: Give very specific example of your work from previous experiences and elaborate.

Step 4: TAP
    Onsite telephone role play. They sit you in a room by yourself and give you packets of information to sort through and prepare for call in which you have to role play the imaginary scenario and character. CALL 1: Given a packet with various members of your team, skillset, and schedule. You boss calls you with an emergency and wants you to reassign your team members to take care of the issue, but also getting the daily schedule complete as well. CALL 2: Given emails and memos to sort through based on purchasing on new equipment or use funding on maintenance instead. Pick how you would like the money used and explain your reasoning to your coworker who is in accounting. You must present the facts from your given information to back up your reasoning. CALL 3: Three way call with two coworkers having issues working with each other and are starting to yell and bicker at each other; now the project is in danger of missing the deadline. They could not settle on how to move project forward, so as the boss you must choose. One of the callers would be offended, begin to insult the other caller and you must calm the tensions. Be specific with your decision, but also be assertive in having the confidence in them, so they would continue working together. TIP: No way to really prepare as it TAP was uncommon to me. Just play the role, don't stress, and have fun.

Step 5: Final Interview
    Onsite interview with same questions from the phone screen with Brewery Manager, Brew Master, and HR Person. TIP: Tell them why you want to work for Anheuser. That reason is very important to them.

Step 6: Loss for words
    I applied for one position and was sure I got it; however, HR called and would like to have me interview for Group Manager instead. I was floored, but understood and felt it was a great opportunity. They told me they had to get word back from corporate and should take 3 days.

Step 7: Emotionally Drained
    Thought I got the position, but 1 month passed before I got an email say they actually wanted to interview me again.

Step 8: Final Interview: Part 2
    Same questions as previous interview, but had to convince them you want this job. TIP: Don't be afraid to tell them why you want this job.

Step 9: Offer
    Got an offer in the email a few days later stating an offer was in the mail. Pending drug and background check, I should be in.

Overall Feelings:
    Process took a little over 4 months. It is a long and emotionally draining process, but AB knows who they want and want to choose the right person, so that is not only understandable, but beneficial to their future hires.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not negotiated because it was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Van Nuys, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Van Nuys, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Originally I had applied to a random position I had qualified for within AB. Several months later I was contacted by HR and was selected to apply for the Group Manager position. I re-submit my application and was approved to continue the hiring process.

The first 3 stages of the hiring process were fast, transparent, and very telling. The first step was to complete a series of online questioners designed to weed out candidates that were not qualified. Simple management style questions to gauge your personality and experience with different situations.

I successfully passed that phase and moved on to yet another online assessment where I had to answer more business minded questions demonstrating my basic math, finance, and process flow abilities. The first type of question asks about your experiences at work. The second type of question asks you to solve typical work problems using information in tables, charts and graphs. The third type of question describes work situations and possible action you could take.

After passing this step, I scheduled an on-site interview with the Operations Manager at the brewery. I had scheduled the interview for early in the morning and was directed to the security office where I was instructed on where to go. It seemed like a very close-knit community when stepping foot onto the AB facility, as it seems everyone knows everyone else.

After sitting in the lobby for quite some time, everyone was ready to begin the interview, but there had been some big brewery emergency and my interview had been cut down from 3 people to 1 person. I didn't mind the one-on-one experience, but I feel it had held me back from answering more of a wide array of questions, and getting to ask different people about different elements of their job and operational function. Regardless, I felt it went very well, and I proceeded to await further communication from the HR manager.

I successfully passed the interview step and was then assigned to conduct another series of tests and TAP assessments - developing a Brewing Schedule, meeting with an employee, and meeting with a team (of two other people). I'd have to say the brewing schedule will trip anyone up if you're not methodical about it or cannot pinpoint your mistakes. The employees are easy to handle if you avoid confrontations, are assertive, and can manage the anger level.

I had passed that portion and the next step was to schedule a final interview with the Brewery GM and some other individuals. This group setting was very informal. They did not have a set list of those packet questions to ask so they just grilled me on my personality, experiences, contacts, desire to work, etc. Very informal, positive, and reassuring.

This entire process took about 1 month. Then the waiting game commenced. I have been waiting for a response regarding my progress for 2 months, and it was about 2 weeks short of the three month mark of total time from start to "finish" that I received an email letting me know I was still being considered and they were still interviewing candidates.

It's quite understandable that they have a lot of people to interview and schedules to balance, but a bit more transparency and honesty would be nice. But it turns out that's a bit far fetched. Anyway, still waiting on an answer, but I'm not holding my breath. I'd love to work here, but the waiting for a response to anything is absolutely agonizing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where the tensions were high and you had to handle a situation while respecting the others there.

Tell me about a time you had to prioritize an important task.
      Answer Question

Weekender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Fairfield, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I have a friend who works there and he told me to apply for the Weekender Manager position. I had a little managerial experience but nothing in the distribution field, which is probably why I wasn't offered the job.

Interview process was pretty intense, and time consuming. Even though I wasn't offered the job it was a good experience in dealing with a long, multiple level interview. Here is an outline of the interview process:

1) 30-45 minute phone interview, asking all the normal questions, and going over your resume and qualifications.

2) If you pass the phone interview you have to go in to the plant to do a Math test, and then a test depending on the job you are applying for. The math test was about 15 questions and was simple percentage and scheduling type stuff; this part was timed (I think it was 20 minutes to do 15 questions). The other test I took was much longer, not timed, and asked situational questions. The majority of the questions would lay out a situation and ask you to select two answers 1) what you would MOST likely do in the situation, and 2) what would you LEAST likely do in the given situation. I felt like that test was two fold, partly seeing how you would manage a difficult situation, and partly a psych evaluation.

3) If you pass the basic skills test, they then invite you to the plant to do a structured interview. When I say structured I mean insanely structured; the interviewers each had packets and would literally rate you on a number scale as to how well you responded to their questions (very impersonal). I had two people interviewing me, one was the HR guy who I was in contact with through the entire process, and one was a senior manager at the plant. The questions were very generic and really let you pick how you wanted to answer them, overall no really surprising questions. At the end they ask you about 10 questions asking you to rank your own proficiency in certain skill areas, which is annoying because you don't want to come across as over-confident, but also want to let them know your strengths. During the interview the manager got called on his walkie talkie and had to leave temporarily, which was kind of strange but understandable, the plant is running all the time and I guess there was an issue.

4) After my interview I didn't get asked to continue to the next part, they said they had other candidates with years of managerial experience so I wasn't too surprised. I guess the next part in the process is another managerial assessment, where they give you mock situations and you have to plan a response. Apparently its pretty in depth and takes about 2 to 3 hours.

Not entirely sure about the next step in the process, but I think if you pass the mock situation part, they have one final interview where they offer you the job.

Interview Questions

• When they asked me to rank my proficiency in electrical circuits I responded "very proficient". I guess one of the interviewers was skeptical that I was proficient and asked me "Ok, whats Ohm's Law?" Never thought I'd get that question applying for a managers position, but luckily I knew it.   1 Answer

Electrical Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch (Fort Collins, CO) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process is one that's fairly typical for the large corporations. The first step is go to go in to take a computer based exam. The questions aren't very difficult, but there is a ton of them and you only have a certain amount of time to answer them. My approach was to just make sure that the questions I answered were correct and not to get too rushed or freak out. I wasn't able to answer all of the questions in the allotted time and I have been called back for the next step in the process so my strategy apparently worked. I also had the part where they ask a bunch of canned questions, like were you ever in a situation where you were frustrated with you supervisor, what was the situation and how did you handle it. They won't let you get away with generalizations. You have to describe a specific incident and tell them how you handled it. So, be prepared to have specifics like that. Once again, I was prepared with specifics and I'm going to yet the next step in the process.

Interview Questions

• I haven't completed the process yet so I'm going to fill this in once I've either been hired or rejected.   1 Answer

Group Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anheuser-Busch.

Interview

Quite challenging but a great process. Lots of tell me about yourself questions.