Anixter Fasteners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anixter Fasteners Interview Questions

2.8

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter Fasteners.

Interview

I had an initial over the phone interview. This lasted about 45 mins and she went over my resume and then asked the basic HR questions. She then set up a second F2F interview. This interview was very laid back and informal. Again going over my background and accomplishments. I received an offer within the next week.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time that you were asked to perform a job function that outside of your job description and how that played out.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Anixter Fasteners (Glenview, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

They cancelled my first interview right before our scheduled time. Then for some reason rescheduled for over a week later. I sit there and I wait and no one ever calls me. So I contact them and they say the position is no longer available. What?! Why couldn't anyone tell me? Thank you for wasting my time twice. Pretty sure they were just waiting on another offer and strung me along and then dumped me. Super unprofessional, can't imagine how disorganized the rest of the company is.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask anything because the idiots kept cancelling.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst-Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anixter Fasteners (Glenview, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Very unorganized. My interview was cancelled at the last minute and then rescheduled for the next week. The employees were unsure as to whether I need to fill out a application manually or if the online application was enough. I was asked this twice, separately by two different candidates. I had three rounds of interviews all asking me the same questions. However, everyone seemed friendly. There were mostly young professionals who interviewed me.

Buyer/Inventory Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter Fasteners (Glenview, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

I interviewed on campus. The interview consisted mostly of me learning about the job, the company, and Anixter's Blue Book.

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter Fasteners (Glenview, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed. Interviewed with my future supervisor. No curve balls. Very friendly. Professional but Obvious that he didn't conduct many interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most challenging aspect about your current position and how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anixter Fasteners (Glenview, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

Telephone meeting with HR, face to face with HR, face to face with hiring manager. Interview went well and I was there for about 2 hours. Felt good about chances when leaving and was offered position later during the day.

Interview Questions

• Standard entry level interview questions. Mostly about character and experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

Really no negotiation.

Inside Sales Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anixter Fasteners in May 2011.

Interview

The questions asked were not difficult and mainly focused on what the job would entail. I was not asked any of your typical "interview questions", like describe your greatest faults, etc. The questions asked were job-specific, relating to sales. The interview was very short, I was offered a follow-up interview, but I declined. The company came off as cold and uninteresting to me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer