Anixter International Business Process Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anixter International Business Process Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Anixter International

4.5

Business Process Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International.

Interview

On-site interview was requested for a certain date and time. No additional detail. I was there for 3 hours and met with five individuals - who were peers. It would have been nice to plan for that amount of time and also know who I was interviewing me. The recruiter was the first person and he was nice and informative. Second round were two other Process managers. The interview was more of an interrogation - it was question from the first manager and then question by the second manager. It lacked collaboration and conversation. The third interview was by the ERP Architect who challenged by certification and said he disagreed with the philosophy. He also asked unreasonable questions and answered best I could, but found he was being condescending since it was situations he faced and completed. The last manager was the best to interview with. He was nice, asked questions and also was able to have a conversation. Everyone was on their laptops and disengaged.

The team was entirely new - the average of 3.75 months. No one could provide job responsibilities or expectations. I had no questions answered due to lack of decision makers being present in the process.

No communication after the interview. Out of curiosity, I reached out a couple weeks later and was told they cancelled the role.

Whole process is not a good look when all leaned on the “Blue Book” for culture guidance.

Interview Questions

• You need to reduce the time of the reset cycle of a nuclear reactor - there are 10,000 steps. How would you do it? The question was answered and challenged even further until he stated how it actually happened to him and how he was successful - and discredited my certification a second time in doing so.   Answer Question
  • Did you read the Anixter Blue Book - a 32 page document of beliefs.   1 Answer
  • What don’t you know?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Anixter International

Business Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

Had 1:1 interview with person who would be Senior Manager for the role. From this I learned her vision for the role and her past experience. It was made clear that the culture was very difficult and no real positive benefits for me in working there were discussed. Manager for the role had not yet been hired but Senior Manager said she had a good track record for hiring quality people to reassure any concerns about hiring into a position without meeting the direct manager. After this, interviewed then with a group of 3 people. This interview was lead by a consultant who asked questions while sitting at a laptop and typing all of my answers. Others involved included someone starting that day in the same role and someone who would be a peer in the Change Management group. Again, nobody mentioned positives about why I would want to work for the company or potential development opportunities for the role. This was a big red flag for me. I was well qualified for the position so it seemed very odd that they were not trying to at least provide a positive impression of the company and role.

Interview Questions

• In what ways do you not match the job requirements and how can you overcome this?   Answer Question