Anixter International Buyer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anixter International Buyer Interview Questions

Interviews at Anixter International

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

They did on-campus interviews at my University. After that they called me and asked me to come down to their Glenview HQ location to do a final interview. I met with 5 different people, all in different supervisory levels, including the director of the buying area. They offered me a job on the spot after my final conversation that day.

Interview Questions

• Most of their questions were about my background and how I could transfer those skills to the job. Maybe one situational/behavioral question. But the main objective of the interview seemed to be just getting to know me.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Anixter International

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

lots of different positions open when I applied once invited into the office after a pretty basic phone screening; met with 4 different groups supervisors ; it was a good experience to meet all the different supervisors since they are all part of the larger umbrella and movement within the company happens because you get noticed by them

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years? ; can you give examples of where you had a problem with a coworker what was the issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Straight forward, mostly behavioral questions. No need for a specific education background for this position. Very easy to learn and little training is needed or provided.

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Very easy. Received called from HR and had a 1 round of interview the week after. Job offered same day. Basic Resume & Personality questions. All managers are very friendly there. Young crowd.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed. Interviewed with my future supervisor. No curve balls. Very friendly. Professional but Obvious that he didn't conduct many interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most challenging aspect about your current position and how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

Telephone meeting with HR, face to face with HR, face to face with hiring manager. Interview went well and I was there for about 2 hours. Felt good about chances when leaving and was offered position later during the day.

Interview Questions

• Standard entry level interview questions. Mostly about character and experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

Really no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in May 2008.

Interview

The interview is more of a "match" interview. If you get along with the interviewees you're going to get hired. If you are interviewing at ECS you'll be asked 1140-220 by Mike Schumskie (who's a really good guy). They'll obviously try to figure out if you're good with numbers and if you're moderately intelligent but the interview is a pice of cake.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anixter International.

Interview

The interview process is different with each person. Generally consists of interviews with a couple different supervisors/managers. Typical interview questions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Anixter?   1 Answer