Anixter International Interview Questions in Glenview, IL | Glassdoor

Interviews at Anixter International

2.6

Contract Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

First you will do a phone interview, then they will bring you in for an interview. They will have you meet with the hiring manager as well as any other managers they feel you might be a good fit working for. If they decide to hire you you will need to take a typing test as well as a personality exam.

Interview Questions

• What college did you attend, and why?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No, I was not able to.

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

Usual interview process with Hiring manager, senior managers and HR.

Interview Questions

• Scenarios based on personality and how you would fit in with the organization and approach to customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Room to negotiate but do not be too pushy. You will have other opportunities to make money within the organization.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward process. Applied online, spoke to a recruiter two days later and he scheduled an onsite interview at the end of the phone interview. The onsite interview was long. I interviewed with about 5 people. They were all great at selling the company and seemed very interested in what I had to say. It took 2 weeks for one of the managers to reach back and ask for if I could go back to speak to the supervisor of her team. I received an offer the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

Very easy. Received called from HR and had a 1 round of interview the week after. Job offered same day. Basic Resume & Personality questions. All managers are very friendly there. Young crowd.

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in July 2013.

Interview

lots of different positions open when I applied once invited into the office after a pretty basic phone screening; met with 4 different groups supervisors ; it was a good experience to meet all the different supervisors since they are all part of the larger umbrella and movement within the company happens because you get noticed by them

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 5 years? ; can you give examples of where you had a problem with a coworker what was the issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

They did on-campus interviews at my University. After that they called me and asked me to come down to their Glenview HQ location to do a final interview. I met with 5 different people, all in different supervisory levels, including the director of the buying area. They offered me a job on the spot after my final conversation that day.

Interview Questions

• Most of their questions were about my background and how I could transfer those skills to the job. Maybe one situational/behavioral question. But the main objective of the interview seemed to be just getting to know me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

Telephone meeting with HR, face to face with HR, face to face with hiring manager. Interview went well and I was there for about 2 hours. Felt good about chances when leaving and was offered position later during the day.

Interview Questions

• Standard entry level interview questions. Mostly about character and experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

Really no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed. Interviewed with my future supervisor. No curve balls. Very friendly. Professional but Obvious that he didn't conduct many interviews.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most challenging aspect about your current position and how do you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in May 2008.

Interview

The interview is more of a "match" interview. If you get along with the interviewees you're going to get hired. If you are interviewing at ECS you'll be asked 1140-220 by Mike Schumskie (who's a really good guy). They'll obviously try to figure out if you're good with numbers and if you're moderately intelligent but the interview is a pice of cake.

Business Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

Had 1:1 interview with person who would be Senior Manager for the role. From this I learned her vision for the role and her past experience. It was made clear that the culture was very difficult and no real positive benefits for me in working there were discussed. Manager for the role had not yet been hired but Senior Manager said she had a good track record for hiring quality people to reassure any concerns about hiring into a position without meeting the direct manager. After this, interviewed then with a group of 3 people. This interview was lead by a consultant who asked questions while sitting at a laptop and typing all of my answers. Others involved included someone starting that day in the same role and someone who would be a peer in the Change Management group. Again, nobody mentioned positives about why I would want to work for the company or potential development opportunities for the role. This was a big red flag for me. I was well qualified for the position so it seemed very odd that they were not trying to at least provide a positive impression of the company and role.

Interview Questions

• In what ways do you not match the job requirements and how can you overcome this?   Answer Question