Anixter International Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anixter International Outside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Anixter International

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Houston, TX) in July 2018.

Interview

The two managers tried to demote me before hiring me so I refused to take a position with this Company as it told me what their character was and the people they employ as managers

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you’d be a good candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Anixter International

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

no phone interview, email asking me to come in for face to face. First 10 minutes consisted of interviewer talking about himself. Just a strange interview all around. IMO, they are looking for a quick fix, someone to bring a large book of business in and make the boss look good. After a few key questions I confirmed that the expectations for the position were to grow the territory 100-150% in a year. He looked confused when he realized what he was asking someone to do. No thanks.

Interview Questions

• tell me a story about yourself? what was your w2 last year?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

2-3 Interviews, then offer. You will spend time with those Local Managers that you will be reporting to and interacting with and you may meet with Regional Vice President, if it's on his travel schedule.

Interview Questions

• Mostly Technical, they want to make sure you are knowledgeable or teachable.
      Have you meet and spend time talking to all local Management that you would be interfacing with.
      Ask questions that relate to your work style.   1 Answer

Negotiation

1 meeting with offer sheet, if you come with a good reputation or if they like you, you may be able to negotiate as much as $10K in salary more than the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Glenview, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anixter International (Glenview, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

Usual interview process with Hiring manager, senior managers and HR.

Interview Questions

• Scenarios based on personality and how you would fit in with the organization and approach to customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Room to negotiate but do not be too pushy. You will have other opportunities to make money within the organization.