Ann Taylor Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.1

92 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Pottstown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Pottstown, PA).

Interview

After you are called for an interview you meet with either the store manager or a co-manager. At the interview you are asked to pick an outfit you would both wear and sell to a customer. The interview consists of the basic interview questions. Takes about 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at loft?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ann Taylor

Anonymous Employee in Farmington, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Farmington, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

two parts: the first was the basic 1:1 interview where the manager asks for some background information. the second was going to back to the floor and coming up with three outfits according to given scenarios.

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Myrtle Beach, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

A big part of this interview is how you dress yourself for it. I would recommend looking at what is current on their site and finding pieces in your closet that are similar. This is a typical retail job interview with questions about team work and difficult customer service situations. If you get an interview it means that you passed the online personality test which means you are well on your way to getting hired if you interview well.

Interview Questions

• Keep in mind that Ann Inc does credit so be ready to be confident in that you can sell credit cards to clients.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (San Marcos, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was very disappointing. The store manager was unprofessional and didn't do a great job observing me. I was observing her more. She was sort of leaning over hand on chin as if she was bored. And then she'd make weird jokes. She was telling me I should quit my primary job and asked if I liked Loft or Ann Taylor better. She also bad mouthed the Ann Taylor manager for unknown reasons.

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ann Taylor in January 2016.

Interview

Super relaxed. Like having a regular conversation with a friend. Basic questions were asked, like previous experience I could relate to retail, customer service experience etc. but at the end of the interview we were just talking about random stuff!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had an unhappy customer and how were you able to resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chestnut Hill, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Chestnut Hill, MA).

Interview

After applying online and completing a personality questionnaire, I went in-store to follow up with the manager to ensure they received my application and questionnaire results. Afterwards, we set up an in-person interview, which lasted for about 20 minutes. The manager asked me some general questions about what kind of work environment I liked and thrived in as well as some style- and personality-based questions. Afterwards, depending on management style and their needs, if they want to employ you, they will offer on the spot or follow up within a few days with a phone call.

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

I applied online and they called me back within two weeks. The phone interview was relatively short and consisted mainly of behavioral questions. They were very interested to hear about any customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you good with handling multiple customers at one time?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Bellevue, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online after I saw the ad on craigslist for a sales associate job. Then, I got an email from the store manager saying what my availability is so I did that. Then, the next day I got an email to see what time I'm available for an interview. So, I went in to the store and said I'm here for an interview. The lady said that she will let the guy that was interviewing me know that I'm here. I had to wait for a little while. Then the interview came out an introduced himself, then we went to the stockroom to start the interview. The questions were basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How will you contribute to the team?
      What is your availability?
      Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

It was a pretty standard 15-minute interview. I was asked about style and fashion and where I get my inspiration from. I was also asked about basic experience and skills in retail.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion inspiration from?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (McLean, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very easy, staff was excited and friendly. Interview process was not intimidating at all and would highly recommend interviewing. Pretty much guaranteed the job if you are a normal human.