Ann Taylor Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

1.8

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I filled out a complicated quiz on the application. The manager called me a couple days later, and she asked me to come in a meet her. We didn't discuss the job persay, she just wanted to see how I was in person. I got the job based on another employee's recommendation.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Good and relaxed interview process. Was called in for an interview about a week after applying online. Store manager interviewed and asked me my availability and the hours I expected to work. She told me about herself and asked about my personal pursuits and asked about my past experiences related to the sales associate position.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed and easy. It was about a week an a half (Filled out online app on Thursday, got a call back on Tuesday, interviewed Thursday, received a call was an offer on Monday) Basic interview procedures.

Interview Questions

• What was you best customer service related experience?
      What was your worst customer service related experience?
      What Ann Taylor/ Why this particular location?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Peachtree City, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Peachtree City, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was very simple. The interviewer asked me questions from a list she printed out. She wrote down my responses. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and was very laid back.

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief and basic interview questions with the co-manager. Tell me about yourself, etc. Then the store manager gave me two scenario customers who were looking for specific outfits and had me find options for each woman. I had plenty of time to shop the store and show the management team how creative I could be when styling for others. Then I went over my style choices with the manager.

After that I did another brief and basic interview with the store manager. They emphasize very heavily on why LOFT is different from other companies and making sure that you can relate to the women who come in to shop.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a LOFT girl?
      What kind of women do you think the store could target to grow sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Just show up. They had so
    Many no shows to the interview that they would have hired anyone. There has been a lot of turnover and they have trouble getting new people
    To stay more than a few days due to bad attitudes in stores. The interviewer was told that I didn't want to work in an environment of gossip and friction so my first day was horrible. I was scheduled
    On a Sunday with no manager and a part time
    Person that was clueless and women gossiping and complaints and one lady was so rude. Terrible location.

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Dunwoody, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Within a few days I got a called back from the store manager (very nice) did a brief phone interview and then she schedule a face to face interview for the next day. Walked up to a cashier on register and told her I was there for an interview she state someone will be right with me. I waited 30 minutes (standing) not realizing the store manager was running back and forth assisting customers (sale day). She came over apologize for the wait ask me 3 questions, told me the job description and offer me a job right then and there.

Wish she didn't leave otherwise I would've stayed.

CO Manager LOFT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Initial application online asked more questions than my in person interview. I felt like the manager interviewing me was just reading straight from a question sheet. I saw her take notes but didn't feel like she was engaging me as an individual.

Interview Questions

• Should you be friends with your coworkers?   1 Answer

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Atlanta, GA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and went in the store later that week to hand in my resume and introduce myself to the manager. After a week with no call back. I went back up to the store and checked on the status of my application. The hiring manager remembered me and set me up for an interview.

The interview was simply a casual conversation. The interviewer was extremely nice and friendly, and put me at ease. She asked about 8 questions, such as "why do you want to work for loft", "name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer", "tell me about your future goals" etc. Just the basic questions.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. I didn't even have to complete the task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

Definitely wear Ann and Taylor clothes to an interview! and try to make sure they're not old clothes- the person interviewing will notice. The interview questions were quite easy, too….one of the questions I was asked was where do I get my fashion inspiration from. Also, I was asked what magazines I read….nothing too in-depth.

Interview Questions

• Why should the company hire me- what could I bring to the table   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't room for negotiation.