Ann Taylor Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.6

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I heard about the job from a then employee, so I emailed my resume. I didn't hear much of anything at first, but then I got a call three weeks later. At first I came in and talked with the manager one on one. Later I came back with a group and a different manager. We did a fashion assessment, where we had to put together an outfit from clothes on floor to be critiqued in less than ten minutes. Which will be hard if you're plus sized since you're wearing the clothes and their plus sized is limited and fits really weirdly. Note to fellow non stylish types: they LOVE big statement necklaces, especially the giant pearl bibs they always have. Also, they love the word chic.

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an employee to come to a store and do an in person interview. The associate was very professional and conducted a good interview. I was told I would be contacted in a few days and have yet to hear anything back from them. I sent a thank you/follow up email and she still did not have the decency to reply back to me. Complete disregard and disrespect. If businesses want to see where to Make more profit they should really look at their interview process. Any place I apply for I shop at and so do my family and friends. So, if you're not professional you will no longer receive my money.

Sales Associate - Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Questions about favorite designers as well as was required to pick out outfits. The process was about and hour and was an enjoyable process. The manager was nice and they were upfront with schedule expectations and pay.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Naperville, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a past coworker to Ann Taylor loft. The recruiter called me, spoke to me for about 10 minutes then set up an interview with the DM. DM spoke to !me for three hours telling me all the great things she has done for the company and about herself. Told me how hard the job is... After the interview she said she explained the next step..speaking to her peer. I never heard back?!?!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Fun because the manager gave use a fashion challenge. Then ask simple like "why do you want to work at Ann Taylor? Lastly, the manager put you on the floor foe a few mins to see if you can handle it.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Ann Taylor
      What's your schedule is like
      What's your style
      Who your icon   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The first clue for me should have been during the interview process... I interviewed with several people from Ann Taylor and Loft which I never understood at the time. Jumping through hoops for people from two completely different brands. Made no sense!

Interview Questions

• Was i comfortable coming into a location and "cleaning house"?   1 Answer

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Orland Park, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process is very comfortable and is done in either a two or three step process. Either you meet directly with the store manager then are interviewed by the district manager, or you are interviewed by the co-manager then move on to store, then district. They do an assessment over the phone then set an interview time if they feel you are a potential fit to the team. The interview itself is basic questions that any employer asks followed by questions about your fashion choices and favorite trends.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Easy interview. Applied online and heard back a week later asking for an interview. Interview was a group interview consisting of me and 3 other girls. Standard interview questions. Dress code was semi-casual, they really want you to accessorize.

Interview Questions

• "How do you stay up to date with current trends?"
      They also made us go around the store and pick up different pieces that we could transition from day to night wear.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Barrington, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (South Barrington, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I was given a standard retail oriented personality questionnaire. Later I was chosen to be interviewed. I was booked for the interview the next day I was called. Just over a week later I got a rejection via snail mail. It was a postcard,

Interview Questions

• Explain when you had good customer service?   1 Answer

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Skokie, IL) in September 2013.

Interview

Interview was quick and efficient
    Basic interview questions
    I had a one on one interview with the manager which was more of her asking me questions and then offering me the job right away

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?
      What would you do in certain situations? (such as seeing theft happen, customer complaints, etc.)   Answer Question