Ann Taylor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.2

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I heard about the job from a then employee, so I emailed my resume. I didn't hear much of anything at first, but then I got a call three weeks later. At first I came in and talked with the manager one on one. Later I came back with a group and a different manager. We did a fashion assessment, where we had to put together an outfit from clothes on floor to be critiqued in less than ten minutes. Which will be hard if you're plus sized since you're wearing the clothes and their plus sized is limited and fits really weirdly. Note to fellow non stylish types: they LOVE big statement necklaces, especially the giant pearl bibs they always have. Also, they love the word chic.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Good and relaxed interview process. Was called in for an interview about a week after applying online. Store manager interviewed and asked me my availability and the hours I expected to work. She told me about herself and asked about my personal pursuits and asked about my past experiences related to the sales associate position.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

LONG interview process! I met with the district manager, another store manager, the regional Vice President, another district manager and their visual manager!!!

Same typical interview questions for any retail position. They're big on teamwork and leading by example.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I thought the offer was fair, probably should have done

PT Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

I took a test online, then was called the next day to schedule an interview. Was brought into the back room and had an average interview for an entry-level sales position. Easy interview, was not asked about current trends in fashion.

Ann Taylor LOFT Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pottstown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Pottstown, PA).

Interview

After you are called for an interview you meet with either the store manager or a co-manager. At the interview you are asked to pick an outfit you would both wear and sell to a customer. The interview consists of the basic interview questions. Takes about 20-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at loft?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Lafayette, LA) in September 2016.

Interview

A week after applying online at Loft I got a phone call and scheduled an interview. I wore slacks, a blouse, and low heels. When I arrived I waited about 10-15 minutes before meeting the manager. The interview went somewhat smoothly until I realized from her questions that she hadn't even read my application or my resume. Once the interview was over she informed me there would be a second and we scheduled it for the following Friday. After the interview I stood to shake her hand "Thank you, it was nice meeting you." and she made a face and quickly changed to a smile. I was so disappointed in the first that I didn't bother to show for the second interview. I should have heeded the other interviews I read on here for going.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with customer service? Do you have any sales experience?   Answer Question
    • If a customer came into the store looking for an outfit how you help them?   Answer Question
    • It is required that we sell one credit card every shift. Is this something you will be able to do?   Answer Question
    • Will you be available to work weekends including Black Friday?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Washington, DC) in September 2016.

Interview

I went in for interview at the site (Metrocenter). The interview process was great. It was a relaxed environment. At first I felt nervous, but the manager really made you feel like you were part of the team already.

Sales Associatw Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Easy and quick; typical interview process. No need to have previous retail experience, but must be 18 years old. Since it is Ann Taylor, dress appropriately, a business casual outfit will be great. Have a sense of style and be ready to push those credit card benefits to clients.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself   1 Answer

Sales Associate - Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

They asked about my interests, schedule, and previous experience. Why i decided to apply for this position and what I know about Ann Taylor. In general, it was a very friendly conversation. It's important to understand what this brand is about in order to represent it. So, do your research. Have an image of the brand and their target market.

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Tysons Corner, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

The manager on duty explained the job responsibilities and then immediately asked if I had questions. I asked about the work environment and then was immediately asked how much I expected to be paid. Once I said that $10.50 an hour was ok, they assumed I was starting that day and asked me when I could come in for training. They didn't discuss important topics like unpaid/paid days off, sick days, how holiday scheduling works etc. The whole thing was over so quickly I didn't realize how little I had learned until I was home. All I can say is make sure you have prepared a lot of questions, because the manager might not mention some of the important details unless you ask directly.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable advising customers and interacting with them on a regular basis?   Answer Question