Ann Taylor Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ann Taylor Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Ann Taylor

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Forest Hills, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Forest Hills, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Pretty basic. You interview first with one supervisor and then the higher up supervisor. After the interview they called me back maybe one or two days later to tell me that I was hired and I went in the following week for training.

Interview Questions

• What is one quality that you like the most about yourself?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ann Taylor

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Very quick and to the point interview. You will be asked about how to deal with confrontational customers. Experience in the customer service industry. You should be aware of Ann Taylor and its brands. Dress to impress!

Interview Questions

• Understand merchandising basics - making layouts look good is important!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Picked outfits and asked about fashion knowledge. Then asked about why I wanted to work there and what I could bring to the table. Have to dress in season and buy company clothes to stay up to date with the newest trends.

Interview Questions

• Where do you get your fashion knowledge from   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Bethesda, MD) in September 2017.

Interview

I was asked to leave another job and guaranteed minimum of 25 hours, after being
    told by store manager that i would get 28-29 per week. My last week I was scheduled for
    29 hours and from Sept. to Dec. I received between 11-22 hours. (Average of 17/week)

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online and then was told to come in to interview. Sat down one on one with one of the managers for a basic get to know you interview. Was told by the end of the interview that I got the job.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

Excellent, friendly and courteous. I met four different managers during the review process so that everyone was able to provide their opinion and was able to ask me questions before the final decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and do you have retail experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Charlotte, NC) in June 2018.

Interview

Interview and hiring process was very fast. The interview lasted about 10 minutes each with both head managers. One manager on one day and then I came back a second day to interview with the other manager... and then I was offered the job after it was over.

Interview Questions

• If you could write a book about yourself what would it be called and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was pretty simple. Overall it only lasted about ten minutes. Most of the questions revolved around my personality and whether I would be comfortable talking to new people. There were also questions regarding whether I could work summer holidays or not.

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Cary, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Met with store manager on a bench inside the mall. She had some questions drawn up to ask me, and she jotted down my answers as the interview went on.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to handle a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much of a negotiation phase

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Albany, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

What not too formal, I felt comfortable. I was asked fairly easy questions. I didn't get offered the position which was surprising because she made me feel like I was going to get the position. I knew a lot about the company and products, but didn't seem to impress the interviewer.