Ann Taylor Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 2, 2018

2.0

252 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Estero, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Estero, FL) in December 2017.

Interview

Completed information online, was contacted by the assistant manager about 24 hours later. Scheduled the interview and was offered the job. Of all the retail jobs that I applied to, this company was by far the most organized and professional.

The manager was interested in learning about me as well as educating me about the company and the way she manages. She provided a very honest overview the job, I had no surprises when I started working there.

Interview Questions

• What type of retail experience did I have.   Answer Question
  • I basically just had a conversation with the manager. She wanted to make sure I was a people person and wanted to make sure I’d be a good fit for the company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ann Taylor

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

I completed the online app and got a call back for an interview. I showed up to the store and was told to wait. After 10 minutes went by I was told if I could wait 30 min! So I walked around the mall for about 30 min. Finally after about another 15min , I sat down with the manager for the interview. I was hired immediately and was given my schedule. I was told to come in next week to start working. When I showed up my first day of work, the manager told me she found someone else that was more qualified. They did not bother to call me in advance!

Anonymous Employee in Albertville, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Albertville, MN).

Interview

Met with the store manager, she hired me on the spot. It was incredibly easy to discuss the potential opportunity. She was very kind and easy going. Once offered, I came back with my needed documents and began the process of on boarding.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

average, had interview 3 times, with hiring manager, store manager, and district manager. Interviews weren't difficult. just asking about your retail experience, and asked about how you gonna handle with angry/difficult customers, why did you apply this position. how important fashion is to you?

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process was simple--fill out an application and wait to be invited for an interview. This location was hiring, so it happened pretty quickly. The manager reviewed the resume and asked questions surrounding retail, with a heavy focus on customer service and varying situations. Also asked about own interest and how fashion is a part of my life. I started about a month later due to on-boarding schedule.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Birmingham, AL) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview had a natural flow of question/answer. The Store Manager really took her time getting to know my strengths and what I could bring to the team as a new associate. She was very knowledgeable about the Ann Taylor brand.

Interview Questions

• Selling approach, multi-tasking abilities, previous retail experience.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

Quick, personable, good questions
    Manager quick to the point and willing to work with my schedule. Excited to work and get my first taste of retail life-hoping to possibly transition into Corporate and willing to quit my full time job to pursue a full time career with Ann Inc

Interview Questions

• How do I manage a difficult situation and/ or customer   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor in June 2017.

Interview

After filling out my application online, the manager called me in for an interview. I had met her in person a few days prior to ask about openings, and the interview was very simple. She asked me about my past experiences and interest in joining the company, but she mainly told me about Loft and everything that the job entails. It was a very friendly and easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in retail? What jobs have you held?   Answer Question
    • What do you think the role of Sales Associate is?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

Interview was in person and took maybe 15 minutes. Sat with the store manager and discussed prior retail experience. Manager asked a handful of questions. One question was to describe my personal style.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

Brief, had to show my styling capabilities, provide availability, some of my values, what I liked about fashion, was I able to take constructive criticism, previous retail experience, I got all of my questions answered, I was asked if I was okay with part time and if I has transportation to work