Ann Taylor Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.0

245 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

average, had interview 3 times, with hiring manager, store manager, and district manager. Interviews weren't difficult. just asking about your retail experience, and asked about how you gonna handle with angry/difficult customers, why did you apply this position. how important fashion is to you?

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Ann Taylor

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Boston, MA).

Interview

The interview process was simple--fill out an application and wait to be invited for an interview. This location was hiring, so it happened pretty quickly. The manager reviewed the resume and asked questions surrounding retail, with a heavy focus on customer service and varying situations. Also asked about own interest and how fashion is a part of my life. I started about a month later due to on-boarding schedule.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Birmingham, AL) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview had a natural flow of question/answer. The Store Manager really took her time getting to know my strengths and what I could bring to the team as a new associate. She was very knowledgeable about the Ann Taylor brand.

Interview Questions

• Selling approach, multi-tasking abilities, previous retail experience.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

Quick, personable, good questions
    Manager quick to the point and willing to work with my schedule. Excited to work and get my first taste of retail life-hoping to possibly transition into Corporate and willing to quit my full time job to pursue a full time career with Ann Inc

Interview Questions

• How do I manage a difficult situation and/ or customer   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor in June 2017.

Interview

After filling out my application online, the manager called me in for an interview. I had met her in person a few days prior to ask about openings, and the interview was very simple. She asked me about my past experiences and interest in joining the company, but she mainly told me about Loft and everything that the job entails. It was a very friendly and easy interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in retail? What jobs have you held?   Answer Question
    • What do you think the role of Sales Associate is?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

Interview was in person and took maybe 15 minutes. Sat with the store manager and discussed prior retail experience. Manager asked a handful of questions. One question was to describe my personal style.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

Brief, had to show my styling capabilities, provide availability, some of my values, what I liked about fashion, was I able to take constructive criticism, previous retail experience, I got all of my questions answered, I was asked if I was okay with part time and if I has transportation to work

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (New York, NY).

Interview

Was called a day after applying online. Had a group interview in-store, there was six of us. Asked basic questions (tell us about yourself, job experiences) Was offered the job after interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The Interview process is Pretty simple. I received an email from the Assistant store Manager asking me to join them for a group interview. The store was closed upon me arriving so I was instructed to call before entering. I was led in by an employee and had to wait for the hiring manger to arrive , to my surprise the other candidates in the group interview never showed up. The manager was very nice and to the point , she even made small talk which took away my nerves. It was quick and to the point, she reviewed my resume and ask me questions about former roles I had with each company. I would suggest that you dress really well and prepare before the interview. know company facts and details.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

The interview process was great. I applied online, had an interview and was offered the position in less than a week. I felt very comfortable throughout the interview. It was simple. I dressed in business casual (a nice shirt, khakis, sandals). I was informed of the employee perks during the interview.