Ann Taylor Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ann Taylor Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Ann Taylor

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Columbus, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

There wasn't really one. I told them my retail experience, which was extensive, so they hired me on the spot. It was around Thanksgiving when seasonal hep was needed so the hiring process was very brief.

Other Interview Reviews for Ann Taylor

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ann Taylor.

Interview

The interview process was very short. I did not have previous retail experience and was told the position would only be two weeks because I applied in December. Standard questions.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (Jersey City, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and received a phone call from the co-manager a week later to set up an interview. The co-manager was super friendly and very flexible with my schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at LOFT over another retail store?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Interview

No difficult questions. Asked about my experience with the brand, etc. The only thing that was a bit weird was that there was an "interactive" portion of the interview, which I think is quite popular at Ann Taylor. I worked for an hour on the floor - helping customers into fitting rooms, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ann Taylor (San Diego, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

I interviewed for a Seasonal Sales Associate at the Ann Taylor store in Fashion Valley mall. First I received a phone call in which the lady pretty much asked me to confirm what I wrote on the online application. Answer these questions WISELY! (Who is your fashion guru? Where do you find your inspiration? How do you dress on a typical day? Are you willing to work long hours in heels and dresses/skirts if needed?) They will use your answers during the actual interview process. Then I was asked to come in for an interview 3 days later. I came in 20 minutes before the scheduled time, was told to fill out an application and waited for the rest of the panel. It was a group interview, about 4 people in ours, in which the manager told us a little bit about himself, the people who currently work there, and what the managers expect from their employees. Females are encouraged to wear Ann Taylor, you get a 50-60% discount on everything in the store (except sale items), a little fancier than business casual. I noticed many of the girls were wearing A.T and skirts +heels, they looked in pain. The manager was very easy-going, the "competition" was very nice as well. Towards the end we were given a scenario and told to pick out 1 outfit. Evidently a large part of this job is picking out clothes for clients. This task was fairly easy, it just lets the manager now how fast you work and what type of fashion sense you have. Which reminds me, DRESS NICE. They won't say anything if you come in with ripped jeans and hair in a bun.. as long as it's the trend. At the very end the manager informed us that he kind of got a sense of what type of personality we each had and if we would "survive" at Ann Taylor. We were diss-missed and told we'd receive a phone call telling us if they would hire us, or move on to somebody else. I never received a call, or an offer. But the process was fairly easy, if you've got unique fashion sense and a good personality you'll do just fine.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the Ann Taylor brand?   2 Answers
    • Do you have any customer service experience?   1 Answer