Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2017

2.8

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It is pretty intense, I had 4-5 interviews in one day. I met with HR, then one of the managers, then another manager, then the director, and finally with the team. Long day!

Interview Questions

• All questions were either typical questions you can lookup online, and then some job specific questions. How do you handle difficult situations, discuss a time you had an angry doctor and how you handled it, etc.   Answer Question

Unit Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago.

Interview

The interview was located at the hospital. I met with one manager and he was very warm and easy to talk to. The interview was only 30 minutes. He asked about previous work experience and told me about the job. That night I was contacted to do an over the phone interview with another manager the following day. She called the next day and the interview went great. The following week I was contacted for my references. The three I chose had to do an survey. A week later, I was offered the job.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process was easy. Also did a hands on work during interview process. I was interview by phone on a Monday by HR then Friday I had a face to face interview where I also shadowed other employess. Later that day Ibrecieved a call saying that I was selected to move foward to the next step of providing references.I did not move any further because the two people I listed who were nursing supervisors did the reference from the same IP address. My mom was a previous supervisor and her BEST FRIEND was also a supervisor of mine. I didn't think it would be a priblem but I guess it was.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

Roughly a 3 hour interview meeting with the various managers, doctors, and Human Resource personnel one on one discussing the job description and answering questions, etc. Met with each level of the team and all the players that make up the people you would be working with. They look over the resume as well as open to answering any questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal working environment?   1 Answer

Medical Technologist - Third/Graveyard Shift Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Better than other locations. My interviewers did not carry around a set of questions so there no animatronic questions. Instead they manufactured questions in a way to determine the type of person you are, but without asking weird situational questions that people could lie about. A lot of questions revolve on determining personality and character rather than what-would-you-do if a certain situation arises.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Over the phone. It was a two part interview process. One with the department head and the other with my HR rep. The phone conversation lasted about 25 mins. with the HR rep. I was a new grad so the interview was less detailed.

Milieu Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

It took a while to hear a response, but my interview was very casual and comfortable. I felt as though I really was able to get to know my supervisor and express why I was a good fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• Provided scenarios in which problem solving would be necessary and asked to elaborate on my approach, questions about why I was a good fit, and inquiries about career goals.   Answer Question

Dietitian Interview

Interview

Interview process was fair and quick. The HR team was nice and got back to me quickly. They asked basic questions and were more concerned about my fit within the team.

Staff RN Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago.

Interview

Interview was formal I would wear a suit minimum. HR was very informative and welcoming. I could tell they were interested in what I had to say and offer from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you comforted someone   1 Answer

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by HR a few weeks later (or maybe closer to 2 months) to schedule an in-person interview. Once on-site I interviewed with HR, director, and PI. I liked that I had a chance to meet/interview with multiple people so that I could get a better feel for the organization. I would recommend taking a cab or the train to the hospital as parking downtown in one of the garages is very $$.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions ie: "tell me about a time when you..." and asked me to review my resume. Overall -- everyone was very friendly.   Answer Question