Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Interview Questions

Interviews at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago

2.8

Staff RN Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago.

Interview

Interview was formal I would wear a suit minimum. HR was very informative and welcoming. I could tell they were interested in what I had to say and offer from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a situation where you comforted someone   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago.

Interview

Phone screening in which you talk your about your background and education, then an in person interview with scenario questions. Tour of the unit and peer interview. Loved every bit of it.

Clinical Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

I was screened by phone but I interviewed in person first with a physician, then with a panel, then with a manager. It was pretty relaxed but I could tell I disliked one of the women. They called the same day to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a higher hourly pay. She made an offer and I said I couldn't go below a certain amount because of what I had made previously. She raised it to that amount.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago.

Interview

The interview process took a while, but it was relatively simple. First, I was called by a recruiter and asked basic questions, like if I was comfortable around children, why I was applying to this job, and what I thought this job was. I was also asked if I was interested in a different position, which I was. Then, I was told they would talk to the hiring manager about an interview. A couple days later, I received another call asking when I could come in for an interview. The interview was, at first, me talking to the manager of the department I was applying to. It was more of a "getting to know you" versus questions that were targeted. She asked basic questions, like about who I was, why I wanted the job. I used a lot of examples and spun my answers to show how I was a good worker. Then, I briefly met with the rest of the clinical research coordinator team and they asked questions of me, like if I was good at organizing. I was asked about my interests and if I was going to be capable of managing a lot of data. The whole process was about 45 minutes. A week later, I received another HR call offering me another interview. This interview was with the PIs of the team. They just told me about their research and asked general questions about my resume and past experiences. They said they were impressed and the interview was done after about 30 minutes. A couple days after this, HR offered me the position over the phone (which was a weird thing) and then we talked about salary. They were not clear that it was an hourly position, so my negotiations were not very good and I am not particularly happy with the compensation. They were kind of pushy about me making a quick decision on the salary and position. Nevertheless, I took the job and they told me my start date was in two weeks. However, my start date got pushed back two times due to administration delays, which was very frustrating. Overall, the experience was mostly positive.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of how you maintained organization and orderliness.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago.

Interview

Applied for clinical research assistant position online, received a phone screening with HR about a week and a half later, then after the phone screening was contacted via email to schedule an in-person interview with the team. Had one additional in-person interview with additional members of the team. Received an offer via phone call from HR after several days.

Interview Questions

• Describe your clinical experience/experience working with people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

The first interview I spoke individually with HR, then with 3 different members of the department, and finally with a panel of the people I would be working with on a daily basis. I was called back for a second interview since not all members were present. I was told that they interviewed for this position in the past and no one filled the description they were looking for so no one was hired. I was surprised since I was told the work for this position was in back log for a few years. They were very thorough and friendly and felt confident I would be hired. I called back a few times to check in but was notified over a month later by mail that I was not accepted for the position. Good thing I accepted a different position.

Interview Questions

• What is the mission statement of the Children's Memorial Hospital?   Answer Question
    • In what position do you see yourself working in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online. I was contacted by HR a few weeks later (or maybe closer to 2 months) to schedule an in-person interview. Once on-site I interviewed with HR, director, and PI. I liked that I had a chance to meet/interview with multiple people so that I could get a better feel for the organization. I would recommend taking a cab or the train to the hospital as parking downtown in one of the garages is very $$.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions ie: "tell me about a time when you..." and asked me to review my resume. Overall -- everyone was very friendly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Had two phone interviews, one with HR and one with an epidemiologist in the division. I then I was brought in to meet the department in person. Everyone was very friendly, but the process was slightly drawn out.

Clinical Research Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

2 step Process.
    Hiring Manager
    Interview Panel - 9 members
    It was a 2 step process with initial HR screening, followed by hiring manager in house interview and final Interview with a panel.

Interview Questions

• Previous Experience, Skills for the job, Multitasking, setting priorities   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Two phone screenings with a Human Resources representative and one in person interview with four different people separately. It was a friendly and welcoming experience although the location is in a highly congested area in Chicago. I waited about four minutes and was walked to four different offices for more personal interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with difficult people? - I was asked this three times by various people.   Answer Question