Anne Arundel County Public Schools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anne Arundel County Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Jun 5, 2017

2.7

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anne Arundel County Public Schools in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was a phone interview. The representative from Human Resources called twenty minutes before the scheduled time for the interview. The interview lasted ten minutes. The representative was pleasant and professional. All questions were revelant to potential position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for AACPS?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anne Arundel County Public Schools in March 2016.

Interview

It was a panel interview during a job fair that the county had for the schools. A number of principals were there to look for new staff members. They were very pleasant and professional

Interview Questions

• What kind of technology do you use inside the classroom?   1 Answer

Reading Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Upper Marlboro, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Anne Arundel County Public Schools (Upper Marlboro, MD) in August 2015.

Interview

Job fair where you are able to choose up to 3 table (schools) to interview with. Then if selected at Fair, invited back to the school within the next week for 2 more interviews

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current employer and come to PGCPS?   1 Answer

Science Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anne Arundel County Public Schools in July 2014.

Interview

After filling out online paperwork I had a phone interview with a general hiring specialist. About a year after my original application I was contacted for interviews at two schools. The schools didn't have voicemail, but one of the vice principals left a cell phone number to expedite the process.
    An in-person interview occurred at the specific school (Old Mill High School). The decisions to hire me seemed to have been mostly made before I arrived.

Interview Questions

• What do you think about the education philosophy that it is always a teacher's responsibility to get a child to achieve?   1 Answer

Elementary Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Anne Arundel County Public Schools.

Interview

Submitted an application for the elementary teacher candidate pool and was emailed 3 days later for a prescreening phone interview. Then I had a phone interview with HR, but I'm not sure how it went because I have not been contacted by anyone in AACPS after the interview. They tried to explain their hiring process to me. I think if they like your phone interview, then they call your references. After they call your references, then they start submitting your resume to principals so you can get calls about teaching jobs within the district.

Interview Questions

• "What does success mean to you for the students of AACPS?"   1 Answer

Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anne Arundel County Public Schools (Annapolis, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview was conducted by a panel of other business managers and school assistant principals. You enter the room and are seated at the head of the table. The panel is introduced to you and the questions that you are going to answer are on a piece of paper that is taped on the table in front of you. Each person reads a question and the panel scores your answer

Interview Questions

• Explain a way that you would maintain school safety?   1 Answer

Student Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Linthicum, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anne Arundel County Public Schools (Linthicum, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

Very short and to the point interview and was hired within the week. The interview was with three vice-principals and a teacher. They all made sure I had the right qualities in order to become a part of the family they have created at this school. I was even moved around to different positions in order to figure out which one gave me the most enjoyment out of work. Pay may be low but the benefits are great when it comes to the atmosphere and the work ethic of the people around you.

Interview Questions

• What types of interactions with different demographics have you experienced?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anne Arundel County Public Schools in July 2012.

Interview

paper application to the main hiring board and then applications are delegated as needed. usually interviews are held in a small group/panel situations. interviews are usually held at the schools over the board of education

Educator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anne Arundel County Public Schools (Annapolis, MD) in July 2012.

Interview

Most of the interview process can be completed online. Sending in transcripts and recommendations are a must. Setting up interviews with the individual schools is sometimes permitted. The main interview is conducted at the board in Annapolis but you will have a final two step interview within the individual school.

Anonymous Employee in Edgewater, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anne Arundel County Public Schools (Edgewater, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process is fixed they already know who they are going to hire but they have to interview at least 3 people. You have to know someone to get hired. They lie when they tell you your job discription. They prefer hiring young inexperience teachers

Interview Questions

• Hiw long have you been in the educational field?   1 Answer