Anpac Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anpac Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2017

3.2

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anpac.

Interview

Very detailed - met with several different individuals throughout the department
    Lengthy process but informative for both parties - 3 hour interview
    Felt very comfortable speaking with the hiring team - made the process enjoyable

Claims Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anpac (Springfield, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with ANPAC because a friend referred me there. The process only took about a week. I received a call and did a phone interview. After that I was asked to come in for an in person interview. I first interviewed with HR, about 30 minutes after that I interviewed with the managers of the Claims Dept.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had challenge at work, and how did you overcome it?
      How would you describe your work ethic?
      Answer Question

Premium Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anpac.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then a standard panel interview. The questions weren't difficult and they gave me a test that they said they didn't expect me to pass because it required intimate knowledge of their systems. I thought that was silly because why give the test if you don't expect people to pass it.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the amount of earned premium on this policy.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anpac in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through company website -> Contacted by recruiter -> Completed 'Test' over skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, etc. -> Set up in-person interview (3-4 hour window) -> Attended interview: 1:1 with Recruiter, 1:1 with hiring manager, 1:1 with another manager in that department -> Contacted by recruiter with offer

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions asked for personal examples of situations I was in and how I handled them/myself.   Answer Question

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anpac (Springfield, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied on the website, taking note of exactly what they wanted for this position. Initially participated in a phone interview, which took about thirty minutes, followed by pre-employment assessments and a three-hour, on-site interview. The process was relatively quick and painless, and they provided excellent communication during the application process.

Interview Questions

• What drew you to this position?   1 Answer

Administrative Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anpac (Springfield, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

Very thorough - Expect behavioral based questions. You will most likely interview with a manager, someone else on the team you applied for, and HR. HR is very knowledgeable and will make you feel extremely comfortable with the process. They are very open-door when it comes to any questions you might have.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to change your schedule to help a peer?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Anpac (Springfield, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

The entire interview took about 1 1/2 hours & you were asked to describe different scenarios you had encountered in your past employment, both successes & challenges and how the outcome affected others both within and outside of the company.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an irate customer?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenmont, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Anpac (Glenmont, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

This company seems to go under a few names on Glassdoor, Anpac, American National insurance, and something else. Contacted them and a lady from HR got back to me, asked me some boilerplate HR questions. Sent to the Glenmont site, led into a tiny hot room with an old computer and given some kind of two+ hour aptitude test. The directions weren't clear and I went out to HR for clarification and THERE WAS NO ONE THERE on two occasions..vacant desks ! The test was timed with a countdown timer.

The questions looked blurry, like they were copied many times out of some workbook from the 70s, and you would put your answer on the computer. There was a part on flowcharting(hope they don't use that!) and the rest were questions you would find on the SAT (like completing difficult letter sequences). Do they care if I know what encapsulation or a function pointer is? Or even SQL? Or are they writing 60s type COBOL(or that mindset with a modern language) with pages of flowcharts.

I found it extremely impersonal and was never asked about my technical background or to answer any technical questions. I've hired candidates and asked them so sketch out a solution on a white board, tested them on basic algorithms or gave them a small task to do in a language and to discuss their code afterwards. The testing that I was given would be appropriate maybe for an agent who wanted to become a developer. They could have had a technical manager spend 15 minutes on the phone with me (after seeing my background) instead of me wasting 3 hours.

Their technology seems niche as well, they seem to use non-standard dev tools which could be a red flag for your carrer. I don't know about their insurance business but they sure don't know how to hire developers. They are also constantly advertising for the same dev positions, that seems weird too. If you are a good timed test taker this may be a place for you.

Interview Questions

• Fill in the blank on a flowchart.
      Find the next letter in a sequence of letters
      Math questions
      Answer Question

Claims Interview

Interview

The human resources department will do an initial interview with the standard questions that you can google anywhere. where do you see yourself in 5 years, describe a conflict yada yada yada. They will forward their results to the hiring manager who may or may not interview you. The manager then gives human resources the name of who they want to hire and human resources will contact you to go over pay information, pay level, etc. you may also be required to do some initial testing at your first interview. microsoft, typing, filing, etc.

Interview Questions

• they're pretty much expected if you just internet search for interview questions.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anpac.

Interview

Pretty standard questions read right off piece of paper.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected. Just questions about your strengths, weaknesses, past job experiences, etc.   Answer Question