Ansaldo STS Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ansaldo STS Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2018

2.6

Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a relaxed setting, three interviewers total, not very difficult but it went on for a while. I did not get the position but I think it was because of age because the interview went well.

Interview Questions

• Basically just went into detail about my experiences and what challenges I had to overcome in the past.   Answer Question

Interview

Interview based on the experience and the willingness to move abroad. Two people from the headquarter plus HR. It was a friendly environment and I was relaxed. They present the company, the projects and then they focus on you.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in civil project?   1 Answer

FAT Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ansaldo STS.

Interview

It was one of the easiest I've ever been on in terms of questions being asked. The HR woman asked most of the questions. The other two technicians who were part of the FAT team barely said anything. They seemed more nervous than me. The one who would later become my "trainer" (I use quotes because he was anything but a trainer), couldn't hold eye contact to save his life. This didn't stop, even after I had been there for months. It was either very rude, or very unprofessional. Either way it made for a strange conversation.

The second interview was with the manager, who was on Skype, and the other three people from the first interview. It went fine as well. The manager was definitely not so sketchy as the other two guy were. However, it was a bit strange because his video feed wasn't working so I couldn't see him, but he could see me.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a problem at work that you were able to solve and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ansaldo STS in February 2017.

Interview

It was really comfortable. The interviewers did not make you nervous. The lady that in interviewed me was very nice the other 2 men were bosses who were also down to earth.

Project Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ansaldo STS (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I was interviewed the first time by one person, a project administrator. Then I interviewed with 4 people ranging all levels of a project team. I wasn't intimidated by the number of people interviewing me, really. They asked me some very very basic, easy questions. Entering as a project clerk after all, should not be too challenging after all. The PA who walked me out was very friendly and asked me about my real interests. I thought it was a great match from the outset.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict in the workplace?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ansaldo STS (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Approached through email regarding position, few exchanges back and forth with recruiter, interview was scheduled with two managers on site. Interview was straightforward, basic questions around my experience, what I was looking for in a new opportunity, etc.

Associate Signal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ansaldo STS (Monroeville, PA).

Interview

I was contacted by a contracting firm, K A Hamilton, and asked if they could send my resume to Ansaldo. K A was essentially the middleman and negotiated my interview date and time. I was to speak with Jay Menon. During the interview she mostly observed while the Senior Engineers who I would be contracted to work directly under were interviewing me. The results of the interview were then handled through K A. They said they really liked me, but gave the job to someone who had done an internship with them.

Control Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ansaldo STS.

Interview

Communicate and interview to potential employee

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ansaldo STS (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

First contact with HR was at jobs fair, where they invited me to in-house event. Event included around 50 people, 10 managers and HR representatives. Event was more like a presentation of what company has to offer - not much pressure on applicants at all. They did give a full walk-through inside the building with actual employees. In the end, hiring managers hand picked some candidates and asked to email them a resume. Finally, actual interview occurred after a month. Quite lengthy - I was sitting in office for good 3-4 hours. I spoke with 6 different employees, one person at a time (2 of them turned out to be my managers afterall). Some were focused on technical questions, others assessed experience and attitude.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were pretty standard - have you ever worked at a team, how do you deal with slackers, are you self-driven, your past projects and interests... I would suggest focusing on technical side and really go through each requirement of position and read on a little   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Interview

Not familiar with the hiring and interview process.

Negotiation

Poor.