Ansaldo STS USA Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

Ansaldo STS USA Interview Questions in Pittsburgh, PA

2.4

Project Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ansaldo STS USA (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

I was interviewed the first time by one person, a project administrator. Then I interviewed with 4 people ranging all levels of a project team. I wasn't intimidated by the number of people interviewing me, really. They asked me some very very basic, easy questions. Entering as a project clerk after all, should not be too challenging after all. The PA who walked me out was very friendly and asked me about my real interests. I thought it was a great match from the outset.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict in the workplace?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ansaldo STS USA (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Approached through email regarding position, few exchanges back and forth with recruiter, interview was scheduled with two managers on site. Interview was straightforward, basic questions around my experience, what I was looking for in a new opportunity, etc.

Associate Signal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroeville, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ansaldo STS USA (Monroeville, PA).

Interview

I was contacted by a contracting firm, K A Hamilton, and asked if they could send my resume to Ansaldo. K A was essentially the middleman and negotiated my interview date and time. I was to speak with Jay Menon. During the interview she mostly observed while the Senior Engineers who I would be contracted to work directly under were interviewing me. The results of the interview were then handled through K A. They said they really liked me, but gave the job to someone who had done an internship with them.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ansaldo STS USA (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2013.

Interview

First contact with HR was at jobs fair, where they invited me to in-house event. Event included around 50 people, 10 managers and HR representatives. Event was more like a presentation of what company has to offer - not much pressure on applicants at all. They did give a full walk-through inside the building with actual employees. In the end, hiring managers hand picked some candidates and asked to email them a resume. Finally, actual interview occurred after a month. Quite lengthy - I was sitting in office for good 3-4 hours. I spoke with 6 different employees, one person at a time (2 of them turned out to be my managers afterall). Some were focused on technical questions, others assessed experience and attitude.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were pretty standard - have you ever worked at a team, how do you deal with slackers, are you self-driven, your past projects and interests... I would suggest focusing on technical side and really go through each requirement of position and read on a little   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ansaldo STS USA (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me via email. I agreed to discuss further on the phone.

He was very candid and forthcoming in answering my questions about Ansaldo's mixed reviews on Glassdoor, and offered a reasonable and consistent explanation as to why things were getting better. The people I spoke to during the eventual interview also offered explanations that were consistent with recent reviews on Glassdoor, so I figured they were worth a shot.

When I first spoke with the recruiter, I was not ready to change jobs for another 3-6 months. I told him that I would be open to interviewing if they would be willing to accept a very late start date. That was not possible, which I expected. (Most companies would not be able to do that, in my experience.)

When I was ready to take a job, I interviewed with another company. I had an offer in hand, but wanted to give Ansaldo a chance if they still had openings. I contacted them, but the recruiter I originally spoke with had moved on to another company. I told them about our conversation, and that I had another offer in hand. They set up a phone screen, then an interview *very* quickly, and I had an offer from them within a day after that.

Their responsiveness and willingness to work with my schedule won them big points with me. I might have gone with my other offer if it weren't for that.

The interview itself consisted mostly of open-ended technical questions about C++. They were not very difficult. No tough algorithm questions; it seemed like they were just verifying that I probably had as much C++ experience as my resume indicated.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could tell that the hiring manager was being very honest about the salary range. The negotiation process was very open and fair.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ansaldo STS USA (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

I had an introductory phone screen that mainly focused on my process experience and a few minor technical questions. One day after the phone screen I was invited for an onsite interview.

The onsite interview consisted of two panel type interviews with two engineers in each panel. The first of the two interviews was all technical. This interview was mostly C++ trivia and a little about Object Oriented design.

The second panel had both an engineer and someone that was more of a manager. We talked more about process and there were a few behavioral interview questions mixed in. The engineer could not help himself from asking more C++ trivia type questions. Again, I answered all the C++ questions correctly.

I would say that this interview is fairly easy from a technical standpoint. All one would have to do is to study the typical C++ trivia questions and you would do fairly well. They did not even ask for any code to be written on a whiteboard.

I did get a bad vibe about the place. It is a cube farm with a factory type mentality. Also my interviewers indicated that there had been a large amount of turnover recently.

They also seem to use outdated technology - Motif for there GUI.

I was required to provide them with an application and detailed salary history. After a few days, I was given a job offer that was $9,000 below my current salary and far below the local market. If you have some decent skill, I would not waste my time with these guys. They are looking for the lowest cost provider.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a virtual method works?   1 Answer

The salary offer was for $9,000 less than I was currently making and HR would not negotiate.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ansaldo STS USA (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

I contacted via email and setup an on site interview. The employees were very friendly and responsive.

Interview Questions

• Asked me an interesting situational question about the importance of documentation.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ansaldo STS USA (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2012.

Interview

I started with a phone interview since I wasn't local and then had a formal interview with my manager and supervisor. I followed up a few times via email and phone calls and received an offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• If I asked you to paint the walls blue, what would you do? -Response
      Next day, what if I came in and said that I told you to paint it green and you did it wrong? - Response
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given 14 days to decide upon receipt of my offer. I did not negotiate but now regret not doing so.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ansaldo STS USA (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2011.

Interview

Lots of technical questions and background questions. 3 groups of 2 engineers in each review. 1 on 1 with department manager. Tour of labs and parts of building.

The benefit package was very expensive. Salary was less than another offer from a different company

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ansaldo STS USA (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

first was a panel interview of four people, then two separate interviews with mid level managers, then interview with CIO. Nothing strange or off base. Basic interview questions. Pretty easy to navigate. No weird ?Microsoft or google" kinds of questions. Overall, was presented with a good representation of the company.