Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.7

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a five panel interview with the managers of the department. It was a great experience and all of the interviewing personnel were extremely nice and informative of the position applied for. Gave a tour of the working area which seemed to be very relaxed and comfortable to work in.

Territory Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

After 3 or 4 attempts & several telephone interviews is when I finally got a face to face interview. It seemed both managers were just trying to pick my brain, being I was a successful manager in previous employment. One of them was callous with a narcissist stare. The other was conveniently inquisitive. They made me feel cornered & they made it obvious from the beginning they had no intentions of hiring me but just wanted to try to get ideas from me, which I didn't feel comfortable to do so.

Interview Questions

• Kept asking me where did I market that was most successful.   1 Answer

Medical Management Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Charleston, WV) in January 2017.

Interview

I had an over the phone interview about 2 weeks ago. I've yet to hear anything back and my status is Hiring Manager Review. Anyone ever had this happen? What should I expect? Does anyone have a number to follow up with? I've received other job offers but I really want to work with Anthem. I believe strongly in working with other people towards a common goal while Anthem has the same vision. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength?   1 Answer

HEDIS Service Associate II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Albany, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I had an in-person, one-on-one interview with the Supervisor. The entire interview process was very easy. I was chosen for an interview within a few days of a staffing company submitting my resume and set up for an interview 2 days later. The Supervisor who interviewed me was pleasant and I felt very comfortable talking with her.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you think you should be chosen for this position?   1 Answer

Customer Service Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Colorado Springs, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

this was a temp to hire position so the interview process was rather quick and painless. it was a panel interview with the managers going over employment history and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Why was there a gap in your previous employment history?   1 Answer

Applications Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

it was a group interview when i thought it was going to be a one on one. filling this out i don't feel that i should have to write up to 30 words

Interview Questions

• describe yourself in one word   1 Answer

CCR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Roanoke, VA).

Interview

two managers interviewing me at once. Asked lots of questions that are at times hard to answer. Just be yourself and you will make it through the interview. Do not overthink your answers

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should consider you for employment (easiest question)   1 Answer

RN Case Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield.

Interview

My initial interview was via the telephone with someone from Human Resources. They were standard interview questions. My second round of interviews were also telephone interviews with my director and the nurse supervisor who were very helpful and asked very appropriate questions. Within 5 days I got the phone call to accept the job.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Almost the entire interview was one very long technical, coding question. The question was a puzzle and was clearly designed to be a trick question and trip up the interviewee. It focuses much more heavily on problem solving than syntax.

Interview Questions

• What languages and technology do you have experience with?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield in August 2016.

Interview

After the initial application I was sent a link to a job simulation program that I had to complete. After that I was contacted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic, and basically just wants you to repeat all your job history. A couple days after that, I had a face to face interview with 2 supervisors at the job location. The interview was really easy going. They went over the job description and asked general interview questions. We also did 2 role play scenarios and I had to write a pretend letter to a customer.

The whole process was kind of long, but very easy.