Anthropologie Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anthropologie Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Anthropologie

2.6

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie in March 2015.

Interview

Very easy. Applied online and heard via email that I was selected for an interview. I had 3 different interviews (two in the store and one on the phone). The overall experience was positive and everyone there was welcoming and excited to meet me. I love this company! I guess I need to write more to meet this 50 word minimum. Nice clothes and great discount.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Anthropologie

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the store via email for a in store interview. Arrived early and was told to take a seat in the middle of the store and the store manager would be with me in a few minutes. About 10 minutes after the interview was supposed to start, the store manger finally came over after she was just standing behind the register not doing anything other then chatting with her co workers while I waited. Had the interview in the middle of the store with people shopping around us and felt that the store manager wasn't engaged around anything that I had to say and basically made me feel like I was taking up her precious time. What a waste of time it was for the both of us and needless to say I was not interested in the job after this interview.

Interview Questions

• Very simple interview nothing out of the ordinary for a management position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I have worked exclusively retail and hold a BA in Business Management and Marketing. I have worked commission sales and managed a small personal styling boutique for a non-profit. All together I had worked almost 4.5 years with increasing responsibility in a fashion retail environment.

I applied online for a Dept. manager position four days after the job was posted. I was emailed a supplemental questionnaire (short-essay style questions) three days after I had applied. From that, I was invited to attend a hiring event, two days after submitting my questionnaire and five days after submitting my resume and cover letter.

I arrived to the hiring event and learned I was the only candidate who had shown up (I needed to go earlier in the time allotted because of personal commitments). I interviewed with two different managers-a department manager and a regional manager.

Around a week later, I spoke to the regional manager and learned that while I was not being considered for the department manager position, there was an opening for the BHLDN department. They would contact me with more information.

A little more than two weeks later (17 days) after attending the hiring event, I was notified that because of “technical difficulties” I needed to resubmit my application. Since the posting had been “prematurely” removed from the site, they told me to re-submit my information to the sales associate position. Thinking that just needed my resume and cover letter, I obliged and sent both.

Three days later I was asked to attend a group interview the next day. The group interview was with a store manager and the personal stylist. The group interview was with other person who had no fashion retail experience, she did have some customer experience as a barista.

I felt confident in my interview skills until I learned there was no BHLDN position and I was competing with the other candidate for an introductory position that paid less than my non-profit wages in a much smaller town.

I accepted the position when they called less than 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a meaningful interaction with a customer. How would you describe Anthropologie? What are three things an Anthropologie customer would have in her bag? What word would your former colleagues used to describe you? How do you feel about deterring theft as a manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate as it was an hourly wage position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Honolulu, HI) in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume and asked general questions about why I would apply to the company. Upon approval of my application, I was asked to fill out a personality quiz. I was emailed four days later to interview. The interview went well, however 3 weeks later I was told my skills were impressive, but they decided to move in another direction. I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Anthropologie? Give a description of a mentoring an employee? What inspires your style?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Short Hills, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online, week later invited to a group interview which lasted about 30 minutes.
    Manager doing the interview barely had retail experience, looking for people to work like a slave but the pay isn't that great.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when....
      What made you apply to Anthro...
      What is you availability...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Tallahassee, FL).

Interview

I had an AWFUL experience with a company I genuinely LOVE! I was interviewed on the phone and later in person. I received a very generic rejection email. A few weeks later I received another email for an interview with the store manager. I was offered a sales associate position starting at $9.00, I have over 10 years in retail, more than have have been in management, I'm ok with learning and growing but starting at less than I had worked in over 8 years seemed a bit too much!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Orlando, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

Had a group interview with about 7 other people interviewing for various positions within the store. This was a very odd interview with a group in the middle of the mall - you needed to practically yell your answers to hear each other.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

One computer test/personality quiz then a face to face interview with the Store Manager, then a telephone interview with the District Manager

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out an employing did recreational drugs outside of work?   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Anthropologie in January 2013.

Interview

First contact was a five minute phone interview. Then a month and a half later I had an in person interview. It was for a new store so we met at a local coffee shop. Very relaxed, non stressful interview. Then had to take a computer questionnaire. Final interview was at a store 2 hours away.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the most qualified candidate for the job?
      Tell us about a time you had to confront am employee for under performing and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online for part time seasonal sales position. Was called in for a group interview after about a week. After small group interview, was offered second interview with District Manager for management position at a different location. They were unsure where they wanted to place me so I went on a series of interviews for multiple management / visual positions at multiple locations. All in all I had 6 interviews before I was offered a position. The interviews weren't difficult, but then again I had a lot of practice.

Interview Questions

• Describe who you think our typical customer is.   1 Answer
    • If a customer were to come in looking for an outfit to wear to an event tonight, what would you suggest to her first? (pick out an outfit from what's in the store)   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were not willing to negotiate salary. It was presented as the going rate across the board. (It's not.)