Anthropologie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anthropologie Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

It was quick and easy all questions you could expect. It was a group interview in a public location but it was about a half hour and very laid back and relaxed process. The interview had typical retail questions

Interview Questions

• What would you do to prevent shoplifting   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

The first meeting was with the store Manager. It went well and I was then called back for a second follow up interview with the District manager. After two weeks the manager called with a job offer for a different position.

Personal Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Upon turning in my application online, I called the store and spoke with the hiring manager to let her know I turned it in and I was hoping to interview. They called me back in less than 24 hours and we scheduled an interview. The interview lasted about 45 minutes, the questions weren't too difficult, the harder part was pulling outfits. The interviewer described 3 different types of customers to me and I had to pull clothes that I would style them in for each. Pulling the outfits wasn't a problem, the difficult part was running around the store without knowledge of where everything I needed was. If interviewing for this position, I would highly recommend you go to the store before hand to familiarize yourself with where things are.
    Also, I would recommend that you bring in a portfolio. It's not required, but I could tell she was surprised I brought one. Hopefully that will have earned me some bonus points!
    They said they would call me back Monday to let me know. I interviewed Thursday, so Monday is a fairly short amount of time to wait!

Interview Questions

• Who do you think is Anthropologie's target demographic?   Answer Question
    • What kinds of questions would you ask a customer you're trying to style so you can get to know them?   Answer Question
    • Do you think your personal style affects how you style other people?   Answer Question
    • How do you approach a customer that you want to style?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to apply at Anthropologie?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up with the latest trends?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and about 3 days later I received an email asking me to fill out a survey. The survey was about what I would do if I caught a customer stealing from the store. A week after the survey, I received an email asking me to come in for an interview. On the day of the interview, I walked in 20 mins early and the manager greeted me and we went over and sat on the couch in the middle of the store. The interview was supposed to be a group interview, but none of the other applicants showed up. It was honestly simple and easy. The manager asked a few simple questions about me, why I wanted to work in the store and what my interests are outside of work. After that, I was asked to complete an outfit for a new mom that was going out on a date. I chose something stretchy because she is a new mom and she may have a little extra weight from giving birth. I recommend if they give you an outfit challenge, pay close attention to who the customer is and what they're all about. They're looking for someone that knows who their customer is and knows how to pick out clothing for that customer. They also asked me to explain why I chose the outfit.

Interview Questions

• What are your interests outside of work?   1 Answer
    • How did you deal with a difficult situation in the workplace?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Anthropologie?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about yourself and what are some of your interests?   1 Answer
    • Where do you shop and where do you look for fashion inspiration?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anthropologie (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, did I survey online then was asked to come to the store for a group interview. The process took about a month, I suggest giving your resume in person to make he process faster.

Store Associate Interview

Interview

I submitted my application online and was then contacted to schedule a phone interview. I talked to a store manager and thought it went well, then I didn't hear back from them again.

Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

You meet with three different managers or employees in three seperate interviews. They ask basic questions about experience and why you enjoy ANTHRO, and at one point ask you to style an outfit based on their 'customers' preference

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the feel of Anthropologie?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

very easy, I applied to a full time permeant position, but they came back with a temp opportunity. Was hesitant to take due to compensation and being over qualified, but I did

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anthropologie (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied on-line; the same day April called to schedule an interview; the following day I was interviewed by Jenny, the hiring manager; and, the same day Jenny called to offer me the position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were simple.   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Anthropologie (New York, NY).

Interview

A series of two interviews, they both were group interviews. After the second interview I got a call back to find out that I had received the job, then they scheduled me to come in for 2 days of training and then I received my schedule for the following week after that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are a good fit for anthropologie?   1 Answer