Anthropologie Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.5

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Granada Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Granada Hills, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday, got a call for my first interview the next Tuesday afternoon for Wednesday. Did so well in my interview that they offered me the 2nd interview for Friday. Got offered the job in that interview along with the other girl with me (who had previously worked at anthro vs me who has never worked retail but def knows customer service from working in a hospital for 5 yrs--so intimidating!!) Be relaxed, rehearse why you want to work there, know what inspires you, and study up on anthro history (aka- its parent stores and the first anthro store built/why it was built/what customers was it built for). They will ask you to assemble an outfit(s) and don't forget to accessorize it. Lastly, be yourself. Answer the personality questions with some fun if they ask you. Wear some recent anthro clothing item (they notice) and don't come super formal. Wear the store style to the interviews. Good luck!

I had even brought a little ornaments I made with some sparkly woodland stickers and Christmas present tags as thank you gifts for the interview to show my holiday cheer and creative side. They loved it! ;)

Interview Questions

• They asked what anthropologie was about/originally made for   1 Answer

Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Pasadena, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Easy process. I called to follow up on the application I had submit 3 days after I sent it. The girl on the phone was very enthusiastic and thanked me for taking the time to follow up. I was then emailed a time to come in for the first interview. It was with 2 other girls. Started with an ice breaker and felt very casual, while remaining professional. Standard questions about the company, everyone answered to both the interviewer and to each other. Probably the best interview I've ever had. The same day of that interview I received another email stating the time for the second interview. This time with two interviewers. I was asked to pick out an outfit for a potential client and then had to try it on and explain why I chose it. Later that same day I received a third email with a link to a survey. The whole process took about a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a set pay amount for this position.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied on line, One week later received a invitation for a online interview/personality Test. One week later received a invitation for in store interview with Manager in training. One week later received a invitation for group Interview with Manager. We Had to Style for 2 potential customer situations and do a presentation. One week later job offer. Long process for Temporary part time job. Both Managers very Nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received an interview request the following week and was essentially declined the day of the interview. The employee conducting the interview shut me down early during the interview! It was quite obvious and hurtful. An additional employee joined us and was equally condescending. I tried to remain positive by following up with an email only to be completely ignored and receive the generic rejection they send out to everyone. Frankly, I'm unsure why I was turned down, but I am now turned off by the company altogether. I think prejudice and discrimination played a main factor in their shallow screening process. It's just retail and these people are arrogant for no justifiable reason.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Pasadena, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Two-part interview. The first round was a group interview with four other candidates. Simple/basic questions about knowledge of company and previous roles. Second interview one on one--asked to select merchandise based on given scenario. Was told we would receive email EITHER WAY. Called after not hearing for to weeks. Told would receive email that day. NEVER HEARD FROM AGAIN. Don't promise a response if you wont actually give one.

Interview Questions

• Describe the anthropology aesthetic   1 Answer
    • What would you do if you see a customer slip an item into their purse?   Answer Question
    • What difficult experience has prepared you to handle other difficult experiences?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website and a few days later was sent a follow up questionnaire. About a week after I completed the questionnaire I was asked to go in for a group interview in the store. The manager was really nice and it turned into a casual conversation.

Interview Questions

• Who is a celebrity that you follow and whose style you admire?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Beverly Hills, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online. A couple days later I received an email to interview at their location. I went in another girl was interviewing individually and I thought I'd be next but then 3 other girls showed up and we ended up interviewing together. I was not told it would be a group interview but it was cool and casual. Everyone was friendly and nice and the interview was not difficult at all.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time that you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process had two parts to it. We met within a group setting, and it was very comfortable and felt more like chatting with new friends than answering interview questions. It ended without any indication on who did well or what the follow-up process would be. Later, an email was sent out for a second meeting. The same group again, and we had an assignment to pull together an outfit. Everyone was very friendly, and the meeting still ended without any specific follow-up information moving forward for anyone. The next day I received the job offer call and accepted.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

First was a group interview, second was a hiring social, super fun and friendly. Pretty sure they wanted to see how you interact with people you're in competition with

Interview Questions

• Pick an outfit for a new mom on her first night out since having a baby   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Costa Mesa, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I'm still in the process but so far it is pleasant. Applied online, got an email asking me to interview. Came in and had an easy conversation about my experience. I am now working on a "lookbook" project for my 2nd meeting which will be a working interview.

Interview Questions

• What challenges do you face when it comes to designing spaces?   Answer Question