Anthropologie Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anthropologie Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Anthropologie

1.9

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

I was called to come in after applying online. We sat on the couch inside the store, and it was very relaxed and casual. The conversation was easy and she asked questions surrounding customer service and how my experience could translate into being a good retail sales associate.

Interview Questions

• Describe your style.

Why do you want to work here?

What do you think makes a good retail sales associate?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Anthropologie

Anonymous Employee in Glen Mills, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Glen Mills, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

Simple questions, then asked to put together an outfit in three minutes. Lady did a good job highlighting the company and asked how my attributes would contribute. Asked about strengths and weaknesses as well.

Interview Questions

• What's your personal style?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Anthropologie (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Very brief, I met one on one with a manager and was asked follow up questions based on my resume and cover letter. I was asked about previous experience, availability and what my expectations were and about my personality and significant qualities as an employee.

Interview Questions

• What qualities can you contribute to the workspace   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie in July 2017.

Interview

I had a unique situation as the location I was applying to was immediately looking for workers as they were opening a new location, but the interview process was very comfortable and laid-back. It felt like more of a conversation rather than an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Princeton, NJ) in May 2018.

Interview

Was told in an email that my interview was at 11 at the store. I showed up 10 minutes early and the store was locked and only the employees were being allowed in. At about 11:03 they finally asked me (and the other people interviewing at the same time) why we were there and eventually let us in. They told us to walk around the store to "look at the merchandise" but were really just buying time as they ran around the store getting set up for the morning opening that should've happen presumably 15 minutes earlier. We were gathered into a group of 6 people to all sit in chairs at the mall and the interviewer asked us a question and we all went around in a circle answering them. Not only was I bothered that it was never mentioned beforehand that the interview was going to be in a group but it also felt like a power move on their part. It felt extremely unprofessional and displayed a severe lack of interest in the individual associates. It felt like very vivid foreshadowing of how they would treat you if you worked there. Also, I had read online that they usually ask you to pick out outfits after the interview to show your style, and as a guy I looked forward to this part to show them my knowledge of women's style and ability to choose an outfit. Instead, they simply ended the interview after four questions and my style knowledge was left completely a mystery to them; whereas all of the other 5 girls interviewing were able to display their style through what they wore.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie.

Interview

I submitted my resume online on the URBN website, and a couple weeks later, they emailed me with the available times for group interviews. The interview itself was very relaxed, and the interviewer mostly asked us about our backgrounds and interests as well as a few questions about Anthropologie's business. About a week later, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Who would you say is one of Anthropologie's competitors?   1 Answer
    • What previous experience do you have in retail or customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Skokie, IL).

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview. It was scheduled at night so the store was not busy. We sat on a couch and talked about the company and my experience.

Interview Questions

• Who was their target customer for that particular store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anthropologie (White Plains, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Really simple online application with an in person interview in the store with a manager. Most of the questions are about how you handle certain situations and your style influences.

Interview Questions

• Who are your style influences?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anthropologie in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online through Anthropologie's website and was then prompted a day or so later to complete a personality questionnaire. It's an interesting questionnaire, to say the least but if you have common sense and aren't a thief you will be fine. A few days later I was invited to a group interview. No one else showed up and the hiring manager and I had a relaxed, fairly brief conversation. She asked basic questions and then asked me to pick out an outfit for a casual date along with a housewarming gift for a friend. If you are friendly and confident you will do great! I wore a cute business casual outfit (Don't wear jeans! Look professional). Two days later I received a call to offer me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Chicago, IL) in February 2019.

Interview

quick and easy. literally called the store to see if they were accepting applications and they told me to submit my resume online. The following day I got an email to come in.