Anthropologie Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anthropologie Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Anthropologie

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Palm Desert, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

You are given a group interview. It is clear that their motives are to let the candidates vet themselves with cadiness and it shows the interviewer who is more competitive (this helps with sales).
If they like you they will ask you and some of the other interviewees to pick and outfit from around the store after they give you a scenario of a customer. You then bring it back and present why this is a great outfit for the imaginary customer. The whole interview process takes place in the store on the couches while customers are watching you.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Anthropologie

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Anthropologie (New York, NY).

Interview

A series of two interviews, they both were group interviews. After the second interview I got a call back to find out that I had received the job, then they scheduled me to come in for 2 days of training and then I received my schedule for the following week after that.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you are a good fit for anthropologie?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

It was super simple. I was at the store to return something and they had open interviews so I asked if I can give the interview. It was a very informal chit chat with the manager. She gave me 5 minutes to find a dress for a customer who was looking for a dress for his wife, who had a baby 6 months ago. Never pick out just an outfit, try to style it with jewelry and clutch/purse.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anthropologie (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied on-line; the same day April called to schedule an interview; the following day I was interviewed by Jenny, the hiring manager; and, the same day Jenny called to offer me the position.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Tampa, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

The store was advertising open group interviews every week. All you had to do was show up on time. Interviewed with a couple other women. The interview was very laid back, and the questions were open ended. It lasted about 15 minutes. After we were done, we were instructed to fill out an online application, which took at the most 30 minutes to complete. Received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Who is our customer? What is our demographic? How would you describe the Anthro brand? What would you wear if you worked here?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anthropologie in October 2016.

Interview

I was as emailed a survey a few hours after applying, completed it and then was called to schedule an interview the next day. The interview was very casual and low key with the store manager, and the day after I was offered the job. Definitely dress in anthro-esque clothing to stand out, and do your research. Glassdoor is very helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. About a month passed and they emailed me with a time to interview. I wasn't able to meet at the time so I told them my availability. They didn't respond to my email so I called them two days later. They said they would email me the next day with the time of the interview. Two days later, which was the day she said the interview would be on, I still didn't receive an email. On my way to the interview (which was 2 hours away) I called to confirm the time, she said the spots had been filled earlier in the week and there wasn't a need to interview me, though they'd already extended an invitation to me. I love this company and still really wish to work for them, but this was a very disappointing/frustrating/unprofessional experience.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online, on a Sunday. Received an online survey on Monday with a call for an interview on Tuesday. This was a small group interview, which I wasn't expecting, but it was casual and we all seemed to be at ease.

Interview Questions

• Who is the Anthropologie customer and what is the style of the store?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Anthropologie in October 2016.

Interview

I participated in a hiring social for seasonal customer associates. The interview process was group-based, very friendly and relaxed. We were split into two separate groups of 4 and interviewed with two managers. The environment was welcoming and casual. Each manager asked a series of 6 or so questions and allowed everyone in the group to answer, followed by deeper discussion of the company environment, customer service goals, and job responsibilities. I was offered a position after this one group interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important aspect of customer service.   Answer Question
    • How would you describe the customer?   Answer Question
    • What is one item from Anthropologie that you like the most and associate with the brand?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Granada Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Anthropologie (Granada Hills, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online on a Friday, got a call for my first interview the next Tuesday afternoon for Wednesday. Did so well in my interview that they offered me the 2nd interview for Friday. Got offered the job in that interview along with the other girl with me (who had previously worked at anthro vs me who has never worked retail but def knows customer service from working in a hospital for 5 yrs--so intimidating!!) Be relaxed, rehearse why you want to work there, know what inspires you, and study up on anthro history (aka- its parent stores and the first anthro store built/why it was built/what customers was it built for). They will ask you to assemble an outfit(s) and don't forget to accessorize it. Lastly, be yourself. Answer the personality questions with some fun if they ask you. Wear some recent anthro clothing item (they notice) and don't come super formal. Wear the store style to the interviews. Good luck!

I had even brought a little ornaments I made with some sparkly woodland stickers and Christmas present tags as thank you gifts for the interview to show my holiday cheer and creative side. They loved it! ;)

Interview Questions

• They asked what anthropologie was about/originally made for   1 Answer