Anton Paar USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anton Paar USA Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2017

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA.

Interview

Initial "interview" was a video interview where I answered about 7 different prompts (standard interview questions - nothing out of the ordinary). Second interview was a 30-45 minute phone call with the hiring manager. At this point, it was more of a conversation than an interview. Lastly, I was called in for an on-site interview with 3 different people, which lasted about half a day, and included a technical presentation. Most of the interviews were more conversational than inquisitive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

Had initial phone interview, answered online questions, had in person interview, thought it went well, no courtesy answer back that i did not get the job. Company and products looked good but attitude was lacking.

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Warning! Warning! Warning! Anton Paar USA uses a video interview process to screen out candidates! Unless you are young and attractive you have absolutely no chance whatsoever of getting a face-to-face interview following the video interview. It's a discriminatory practice, but they get away with it because there's no law against it.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Anton Paar USA?   2 Answers

Anton Paar USA Response

Jan 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review of our interview process. While I am sorry that you felt discriminated against, I must assure you that this is not the case. Anton Paar USA is an Equal Opportunity and ... More

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Interview

After an on line application I was called for a screening interview followed by a lengthy online test of my math and vocabulary skills. I was invited to an on site interview with three individuals. Then given another short written test on logic.

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA (Ashland, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

First you interview with a recruiter who goes over everything on your resume including why you feel you would be a good fit for the position at Anton Paar. If things go well as they did in my case, you will receive an email invitation to complete a computer interview using your laptop camera to record your answers. Two weeks later I received a request for a phone interview with the Manager of Field Service and the Director of Service. The phone interview went well, they went over each item of my resume and asked some tricky questions of my past work experience. Later that same day the Field Service manager called me back and said they were interested in bringing me down to Ashland VA for another interview but could I please take their online “skills assessment” test. The following day I received an email invitation to fly down to Anton Paar’s North American headquarters. One week later to my surprise, not only did I interview with the Field Service Manager and the Director of Service, but the CEO sat in and went over my resume, asked some good questions as to how I feel about travel and why I want to work for Anton Paar. I was then given a tour of the labs and introduced to many people, all of which could not be more friendly, I was very impressed with my visit.

Interview Questions

• I was asked all sorts of questions about the instrumentation I worked with, problems I have encountered and how I resolved them.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA (Richmond, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

There was email communication with HR, submitting an application that was completed online, An online assessment exam, phone interview, and then a live interview.
    The whole process was thorough, straight forward, and handled smoothly and professionally.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my understanding of Field Service schedules, motivation, and demands.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA (Ashland, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

First, I was contacted by a recruiter; he asked about my background and confirmed information that was posted on my resume. He said he would forward my resume and the information he had gathered from our phone call to HR and that I should hear back from HR in the near future with the next steps in the interview process.

I was contacted by HR and instructed to fill out their official job application and send it back. After that, HR contacted me and scheduled a phone/skype interview with the Western Field Service Manager. It ended up being a phone interview which lasted about 45 minutes. Next, HR sent instructions to take an online assessment test which consisted of personality type questions, simple math problems, and vocabulary type questions. The assessment took about an hour. The next step was to have a phone interview with the Eastern Field Service Manager and the Director of Service. I was then invited to fly to Ashland, Virginia to have an in person interview with the Eastern Field Service Manager and the Director of Service. During the in person interview, a third person joined (Director of Service of the Americas) as well as having the Western Field Service Manager on speaker phone. Finally, about a week after the in person interview, I received a job offer.

All in all it was about a month long process. Communication during the entire process was excellent.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA (Ashland, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

I submitted my application and heard back within a week with a scheduled interview date and time. I interviewed with the CAO and the HR Coordinator. They both made me feel at ease with the process. The interview was over one hour - there were moments of quick on your feet thinking. I had the opportunity to ask several questions and I received a tour of the facility after the interview.

Throughout the entire process everyone was pleasant, Emily and Rachel are great Directors of first impression! I thought it was a great interview until I received an email to take an assessment, halfway through test I felt I was taking the SAT/GRE minus the essay. I needed a calculator even though at the beginning of the test it was stated there were no right answers (not true), I did the best I could with some process of elimination. Guess it went well an offer was made!

Interview Questions

• Several behavioral questions - describe a time in your own history when you dealt with a certain situation, and to explain how you dealt with it. As well as history of the company - do your research!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA (Ashland, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview with a recruiter followed by a phone interview with the position manager. I then received a link the day after the phone interview for an online assessment test which had several personality, math, verbal, and spotting pattern questions. Shortly after, I received an invite for an in-person interview at the US HQ in Ashland, VA with the position manager and CEO. I was asked to prepare a 10 minute presentation on a topic of my choice. During the interview, I received a tour of the facility, watched a short video about Anton Paar's company history and instrument line, gave my 10 minute presentation, and answered several interview related questions. The entire in-person interview took about 2 hours. I was back on a plane directly after to return home. I received a call with a job offer the next day. The entire process moved very quickly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA in April 2016.

Interview

After applying and submitting a resume, I was contacted by email to complete an application and to schedule a phone interview, taking place the next week. After the phone interview, I was contacted by email to take an online assessment, consisting of personality tests and aptitude tests. Shortly after this, I was invited for a personal interview at the small local office, where I met the hiring manager (Western Service Manager) and a few team members whom I would be working with. Following the personal interview, I was then invited for a second interview at the corporate office in Virginia with the US Service Director, Americas Service Director, and Eastern Field Service Manager. We toured the facility at the end of the interview and I enjoyed the entire process very much.

Interview Questions

• Describe the thing you like the most and the least about your most recent manager at your previous position.   Answer Question