Anton Paar USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Anton Paar USA Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA.

Interview

Initial "interview" was a video interview where I answered about 7 different prompts (standard interview questions - nothing out of the ordinary). Second interview was a 30-45 minute phone call with the hiring manager. At this point, it was more of a conversation than an interview. Lastly, I was called in for an on-site interview with 3 different people, which lasted about half a day, and included a technical presentation. Most of the interviews were more conversational than inquisitive.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA.

Interview

I got a phone call from the corporate recruiter immediately after applying. We had a good conversation. He was pleasant and informative. He could answer general questions about the company and the position. He told me the next step was to make a video interview. I didn't like the idea, but I decided to be open minded and do it anyway. I made myself up as if it was a real interview. I read all the documentation that they sent to me. I prepared by studying the company and the job description. The questions were pretty generic, but I was distracted and very self conscious watching myself talk to a camera on a machine. It didn't feel right at all. It felt artificial and downright creepy. The fact that they screen you like this before discussing your qualifications or allowing you to ask detailed questions about the position with the hiring manager doesn't feel right to me. I gave it some thought overnight and the next morning I decided to send a polite email to the recruiter declining to go further. When he asked me why, I told him how I felt about the video interview. I'm just not okay with it and I hope they seriously reconsider how they screen their applicants.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you lost a sale and how you recovered from it.   1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with the company recruiter, a few days later I did a video interview and five days later I was interviewed by the director of sales and marketing. Then I was asked to go for an on-site interview. The interview took 2 hours and included a 20 minute video about Anton Paar, then I gave a 10 minute technical presentation and after that questions for about 1.5 hours. The on-site interview was supposed to be the last part of the interview process. But surprisingly, I was asked to do another phone interview a few days later with one of their managers in Canada.
    Overall, 90% of their interview questions were behavioral and they repeated the same behavioral questions for several times. I was asked exactly the same questions by the HR guy, in the video interview, by the sales director, and by the three people who were present in my on-site interview (which include the sales director, one of their technical employees, and the CE).
    The technical guy first began asking technical questions about my presentation, and then began asking several behavioral questions (that I was already asked by the other interviewers and in my previous interviews). The funny thing is that after each question that he asked, he would turn his face towards the CE to see how he would react to his questions, maybe to see if the degree of difficulty of the question would please the CE.
    I know that behavioral questions are part of all interviews. But this company is only focused on old school behavioral questions again and again, which makes people uncomfortable. In my view, the art of interview is to get to know the candidate through conversation, not imposing an annoying atmosphere of mistrust and suspicion by repeating a series of outdated questions.
    Their answer probably is that they want to see how the candidate reacts to situations the might occur during the job performance. Well, as a person who has worked in either academia or industrial environments for several years, I have never encountered such an atmosphere.
    Interview is a two-way process, so one gets to know his/her employer as well. I am glad that this interview did not work out for me, because I am sure that I would have felt the same degree of mistrust, if I had been hired (as has been mentioned in the previous reviews).

Interview Questions

• What is a misconception that people have towards you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ashland, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA (Ashland, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, after which a recruiter from the company contacted me. After a short conversation to verify I'm a good fit, a request for a video interview was sent to me. The video interview was to be completed on my time within 4-5 business days and comprised of 10 questions ranging from what I know of the company, to my work experience and background.

The next step was a friendly phone interview with the management (a week later), which lasted about 45min-1hr. They asked various questions about sales situations and a few technical questions and mostly about my background and experience.

Finally they flew me out for an in person interview in Ashland, Va. I was very late but they were very accommodating and understanding. I had to do a quick presentation and further interview questions were discussed, including a few technical ones.

Overall a great professional interview process.

Field Service Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA.

Interview

The process was an average interview. Expectations rather high. They wanted an engineer but expected them to have electrician certifications. The interviewers were very generous and helpful with all questions.

Product Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA in May 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application through company's web site. A recruiter contacted me the next day to make sure that I have the relevant experience and skills before submitting my application to the HR at Anton Paar. The HR requested a video interview , in other words, answering questions (displayed on the screen) in front of a web camera. A phone interview was scheduled to talk to the director of sales and marketing. The director explained the idea of this position and then moved onto interview questions. I didn't get a chance for an onsite interview

Interview Questions

• There are typical questions to show how well you handle problem solving, planning and organizing, interacting with customers, travel, promoting products and services, and etc. What strikes me is that in all three occasions, the salary question was always brought up.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA (Ashland, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through their company website, and got video interview next day, some behavior questions, like why do you want to work for this company? what do you understand this position? after about a week, got phone interview with director of marketing and sales about 1 hour long. in about month, got on-site interview with director and VP of sales. the whole process went about 3 hours, very conversational than just interview, it was quite pleasant, and whole company tour, very nice working area.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in 3 to 5 years?
      what company do you like to work for/ or not like to work for?
      what do you like about your current manager/ not like about?
      what's your big accomplishment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA (Pasadena, CA).

Interview

Had initial phone interview, answered online questions, had in person interview, thought it went well, no courtesy answer back that i did not get the job. Company and products looked good but attitude was lacking.

Technical Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anton Paar USA (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Warning! Warning! Warning! Anton Paar USA uses a video interview process to screen out candidates! Unless you are young and attractive you have absolutely no chance whatsoever of getting a face-to-face interview following the video interview. It's a discriminatory practice, but they get away with it because there's no law against it.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Anton Paar USA?   2 Answers

Anton Paar USA Response

Jan 11, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your review of our interview process. While I am sorry that you felt discriminated against, I must assure you that this is not the case. Anton Paar USA is an Equal Opportunity and... More

Technical Sales Representative Interview

Interview

After an on line application I was called for a screening interview followed by a lengthy online test of my math and vocabulary skills. I was invited to an on site interview with three individuals. Then given another short written test on logic.