Aon Account Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 2, 2018

2.9

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aon (Houston, TX).

Interview

Submitted a video on-demand interview online. The HR recruiter sent me the link and I could submit whenever was a good time for me. Then received second round interview at the office which will be in a few days.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Aon

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon in June 2016.

Interview

Applied, then had a phone interview, and then a face-to-face interview. The in-person interview was most positive, however once an offer was made and I tried to negotiate, the HR Representative said I was being "difficult". Very unfair to portray me that way. I ended up accepting their final offer, but the experience could have been better.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. The first interview was a phone screen just explaining the position and getting to know me. The second and final interview was a series of five 1 on 1 interviews with senior executives at Aon, (each lasting around 30 minutes). After this part of the interview, I attended lunch with two employees that were much closer in age and seniority to myself. Even though I did not get an offer after the final interview, it was overall a very pleasant experience with friendly and open employees.

PS - Use the STAR method when responding to questions from employers. (If you don't know what the STAR method is, there are great descriptions online).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with the challenge where you needed to take the leadership role within a group and how did the team members respond?

Describe a time you needed to diffuse a conflict? What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aon in January 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was a digital interview with recorded video questions and written questions. The purpose of this was so that my interview could be distributed across different sectors of Aon for employer review. Around 2 months later I was contracted by a hiring manager to come into the San Francisco office for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of several back to back interviews of a half hour duration each which were mostly conversational. Not challenging as far as interviews go, mostly standard questions: why Aon? Why this position? Etc. Still waiting to hear back at this point on an offer.

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aon in January 2015.

Interview

I went in talked a little about my resume and explained about myself and they ask questions about how I handled a few things provide examples

I used a little about my job and used other examples of when I was working other jobs. I also used experience and my extra activities as examples

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aon (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Applied for the role on a Friday and got a reply Monday asking for an interview. I had a phone interview a couple days later and was asked to come in the following week. I interviewed with 2 men, super easy interview they made it very comfortable and more conversational. By the end of the interview they said I'd be a great fit for the role however there was someone else they were obligated to possibly hire but I'd most likely get a call for another opening. Regardless they said I'd be getting a phone call. I was supposed to be told the following week. 1 week passed and no notification, emailed the recruiter told me they didn't have a decision yet, same thing the next week, at the 3rd week she stopped replying, at the 6th week she told me again a decision hasn't been made. On Friday I emailed her again and received an email today(Monday) that they were looking for a specific skill set and simply just put sorry. Honestly shocked at how unprofessional this process was. Absolutely will not interview with the Lincolnshire office again. They didn't even feel that it was necessary to give me a courtesy phone call.

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon.

Interview

It was a long time ago, and honestly I can't remember anything difficult about it.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember, but it wasn't a tough interview. You need decent excel/word and an analytical mind and you should be ok.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated up by a few thousand annually.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aon (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

It was an easy process with 3 people. They asked me questions about my past work experience and other roles. I described why I was interested in the job and what my strengths and weaknesses were. It was an average long process.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

The whole process took over a month from initial phone call to notification of hire. The first step was a phone interview, which went into details of the merits of my resume; how I was a part of each company I listed, and if there were any jobs I've done that were not on my resume. I was then told that I would move on to a face-to-face interview, which would take place in the next week or so. About a week later my interview was scheduled, which was my only complaint about the whole process; I was always told I would be contacted a week before I was actually called. The face-to-face interview would consist of 3 back-to-back interviews with each of the three directors of the department I would work for. The interview ended up being entirely conversational. The directors really took an effort to get to know me, and my skills, which allowed me to be a bit more relaxed when answering them.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were typical behavioral interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aon (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview was much more casual than expected but was very long. Met with a senior manager in most of the groups at the office location. Basically had like 6 separate interviews.

Interview Questions

• Was not really the typically interview questions but more of a personality/interest based interview. They want to see if you would get along well with the group.   1 Answer