Aon Account Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aon Account Specialist Interview Questions

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. The first interview was a phone screen just explaining the position and getting to know me. The second and final interview was a series of five 1 on 1 interviews with senior executives at Aon, (each lasting around 30 minutes). After this part of the interview, I attended lunch with two employees that were much closer in age and seniority to myself. Even though I did not get an offer after the final interview, it was overall a very pleasant experience with friendly and open employees.

PS - Use the STAR method when responding to questions from employers. (If you don't know what the STAR method is, there are great descriptions online).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were faced with the challenge where you needed to take the leadership role within a group and how did the team members respond?

Describe a time you needed to diffuse a conflict? What did you do and what was the result?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Aon

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aon in January 2015.

Interview

Initial interview was a digital interview with recorded video questions and written questions. The purpose of this was so that my interview could be distributed across different sectors of Aon for employer review. Around 2 months later I was contracted by a hiring manager to come into the San Francisco office for an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of several back to back interviews of a half hour duration each which were mostly conversational. Not challenging as far as interviews go, mostly standard questions: why Aon? Why this position? Etc. Still waiting to hear back at this point on an offer.

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Aon in January 2015.

Interview

I went in talked a little about my resume and explained about myself and they ask questions about how I handled a few things provide examples

I used a little about my job and used other examples of when I was working other jobs. I also used experience and my extra activities as examples

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aon (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Applied for the role on a Friday and got a reply Monday asking for an interview. I had a phone interview a couple days later and was asked to come in the following week. I interviewed with 2 men, super easy interview they made it very comfortable and more conversational. By the end of the interview they said I'd be a great fit for the role however there was someone else they were obligated to possibly hire but I'd most likely get a call for another opening. Regardless they said I'd be getting a phone call. I was supposed to be told the following week. 1 week passed and no notification, emailed the recruiter told me they didn't have a decision yet, same thing the next week, at the 3rd week she stopped replying, at the 6th week she told me again a decision hasn't been made. On Friday I emailed her again and received an email today(Monday) that they were looking for a specific skill set and simply just put sorry. Honestly shocked at how unprofessional this process was. Absolutely will not interview with the Lincolnshire office again. They didn't even feel that it was necessary to give me a courtesy phone call.