Aon Hewitt Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.7

98 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This was a 4 panel interview to get hire to this company back in 2013. One of the top companies on the domain of benefits, pension, salary management, recruiting, IT management, on-shore and off-shore model of delivery. Three tier of deliverance proved that the client, Aon and Vendors work in tandem to deliver the solutions with quality and on time.

Network Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Lincolnshire, IL).

Interview

Typical phone interview questions asking what I was looking for and why I wanted to work there. I was then asked to come in for a 1:1 conversation with two engineers and two managers.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus initially through campus recruiting. Got a call from the recruiter the second day for an on-site interview. The interview day started at 9:30 am with a presentation by a senior actuary. After the presentation, there were 2 one-on-one interviews. Following the lunch break, there were 2 more one-on-one interviews. Each interview took about 30 min.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an unpopular opinion and how did you play it out?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Lincolnshire, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Gave me a brief test. Spoke with a hiring manager. Simple questions asked. And he also gave me a run down on how very strict they are about being on time and at work everyday. He explained how long he will be needing people and that they do let people go of proformance not up to part.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever Had to deal with a irrate customer if so how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied on the company website. I had a phone interview, then an in person interview. The interview lasted 3 hours. I met with 6+ people. After speaking to the third person, I was getting tired. At that point, I knew I probably wouldn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a tough situation to handle and how you handled it.   Answer Question

I T Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The questions below I answered over the HireWire website. Overall a great process, definitely a little different than a formal in person interview. The interview took about 30 minutes, and I had 3 questions where it only gave me 30 seconds to prepare and then it would start recording, and the rest were either written or filmed, and I had unlimited time to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to be in I.T.?
      Q: When have you had to explain the use of technology to someone who was unaware?
      Q: When was a time you worked in a team?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palatine, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Palatine, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Was my first "digital" interview. A little nerve-racking at first (as most interviews are), but turned out okay. Was good practice for "real" interview and gave me a chance to see how I look. Oof. Only had to answer 3 questions via recording (which felt like plenty!). Found out the hard way my computer wasn't up-to-date, had to use phone (also turned out okay). Just submitted yesterday, so have not heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• How I dealt with a difficult/customer situation.   1 Answer

Scheduling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Lincolnshire, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Initial digital interview, strange concept but not so bad once you get into it! After about two weeks I was asked to come for an in person interview. The interview was very relaxed and conversational. Mostly behavioral questions. Interviewers were very friendly! Received word about 2.5 weeks later I was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you missed a deadline. How did you rectify the situation? And what did you do differently in the future?   Answer Question

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Lincolnshire, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

First of all, there was a virtual interview with an app on the phone. It was not a big deal, there were a few written questions and 2 questions where you have to record yourself answering.

Next was a phone interview. 30 minutes of by-the-book behavioral questions. Nothing too fancy.

Then there was the decision night at the company. There were 2 interviews, around 40 minutes each: first one was the plain old behavioral questions and the second one was about the job itself.

After 6 days they emailed me and said they were not interested :-(

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions... "Tell me about a time where..."   Answer Question

SCS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Lincolnshire, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

The initial interview was an automated 'skype' type of video interview (not with an actual person), 2nd was a phone interview, 3rd was face to face which was an event called 'Decision Night.' It was a 3 hour event with presentations, dinner and 2 interviews with breaks in between. It was a very relaxed atmosphere, they were very easygoing and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with an upset client, how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question