Aon Hewitt Actuarial Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aon Hewitt Actuarial Intern Interview Questions

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

I applied through the university career center. I was interviewed on campus by one of the vice presidents. The interview was mostly behavioral. I was not asked any technical questions. I was also asked a couple of questions about the actuarial profession. I was applying without any exams and so maybe that is why I did not move on.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

I applied through on campus interview. I interviewed with two different people for a total of one hour for first round. Very friendly people. The interview was mostly basic behavioral questions. Second round interview was at Aon's office with four different people. The interviews were very conversational. Again, no unexpected questions.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt in December 2013.

Interview

I found out about the position through my school's actuarial club. I had a brief phone screen, which was very easy. I went in for a longer interview about 2 weeks later. I had 3 seperate interviews, 2 of them with one person, and the third one with 2 people. Very comfortable culture, and likable employees. They were easy to talk to, which made the interview process really great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I had met with an Aon Hewitt representative at a career fair, within a month they contacted me for a phone interview. During the phone interview they told me they would be in touch with me within 2 weeks to let me know about an on-site interview. They contacted me and I was originally told it would be a 2 hour interview broken down into 4 30-minute interviews, but when I received my schedule, it was over 5 hours worth of interviewing. The interview was broken down into 5 45-minute individual interviews from people from all walks of the company, including HR and actuarial, and an hour and a half lunch with two actuaries. It was very relaxed for an interview, a lot of the basic questions, and really more of a 'getting to know you' type of situation. I felt very comfortable with everyone I met and spoke with and most of them talked in a sense as if they were ready to hire me ASAP. However, after the interview, 2 weeks passed and I heard nothing. When I contacted one of the people I had interviewed with, he told me they had not made a decision yet, but I would hear from them soon. Fast forward 3 more weeks, I still did not hear anything, and when I contacted the person again, I received a basic rejection from HR within an hour of my email. Overall, I think the interview is easy, but I'm not sure how great they are with following through with their candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The first round was an on campus interview with two actuarial consultants. The first consultant had a casual conversation with me and then the other asked me a series of behavioral questions along with other questions relating to my resume. The second round was in the Aon office. There were two presentations and four 30 minute behavioral interviews. It was very relaxed and enjoyable.

Actuarial Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

I had a first round interview on campus and a final round interview at one of their major offices. The first round interview focused on behavioral questions and the candidates desire to pursue an actuarial career. The final round consisted of a series of 4 back to back interviews with different senior employees. Again, the focus was more on fit with the firm and the job rather than technicals.

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Lancaster, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

A phone interview with HR first, around 2 weeks later got on site interview. It was 1:2 interview with four people in total. Given lots of time to ask interviewers question and only be asked why act sci and why consulting over insurance industry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Housing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Chicago, IL) in December 2011.

Interview

First interview was on Campus. They called a month later and flew me out to interview at their Lincolnshire office. Interview day was four hours, two hour long presentations, then three 1:1 interviews. I interviewed with some really sharp people, it seemed like a good environment. They told me they'd get back to me with an answer in 1 to 2 weeks with an answer. After 3 weeks I contacted them and couldn't get an answer. After 2 months they told me no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Denver, CO) in November 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, then an in person where they had 4 different people interview and then 2 more people take me out to lunch. I was extremely surprised to hear that they didn't want to ask me any questions at all, but rather have me ask them questions about the company. Needless to say, I wasn't prepared to ask 4 people each a half hour worth of questions. So even though I had all the necessary skills and classes, they didn't take me.

Interview Questions

Interview

I applied online and there was only one round interview for internship. The questions are really basic. Most of the questions are behavioural questions, questions concerning about your resume, what do you know about their company. It was really casual.

Interview Questions

• There is nothing technical. There is one asking what's your favourite excel function. Besides that, the rest of the questions are all fair.   Answer Question