Aon Hewitt Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.8

Calc Engine Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Orlando, FL).

Interview

No face to face. I went to a room and waited for a call from 3 different people. A Manager, Lead Systems Analyst, and the Lead for all CES's in the Southeast.

Interview Questions

• What is a relational database. Have you ever performed mathematical calculations in Excel. Name a time where you had to use math to solve a problem. How did you do it....   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Process was exciting, very interesting people to speak with. The consultants I spoke with seemed very knowledgable and excited to hire on new interns as well. I thought the interview went very well, but was not given an offer.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus initially through campus recruiting. Got a call from the recruiter the second day for an on-site interview. The interview day started at 9:30 am with a presentation by a senior actuary. After the presentation, there were 2 one-on-one interviews. Following the lunch break, there were 2 more one-on-one interviews. Each interview took about 30 min.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an unpopular opinion and how did you play it out?   Answer Question

Workday Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Charlotte, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

university interview first, logic test followed by, then go to Charlotte to have the last round of interview. introduction first, then lunch, at last, four rounds of interview. every round has a theme, try to catch it. They focus on the behavioral questions, not technic.

Interview Questions

• How to handle the situation you and your boss have different ideas.   Answer Question

Cloud Deployment Solutions Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Had initial on-campus interview (mainly behavioral). Then was invited to take an online reasoning test (can't really prepare for this). Was invited to on-site interviews. First 30 minutes was overview of Workday software. Then I had a panel session with 6 other members where I was able to ask all the questions I had (they didn't ask me anything). Then I had 2, 1-1 interviews which were all behavioral. Got offer in 2 business days!

Interview Questions

• This is a tech-consulting role and we see that many people want to do strategy. Tell me why tech-consulting is something you want to do.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt in October 2016.

Interview

I was interviewing for a a consultant role in the HR consulting practice (Engagement practice) for BLR location. The interview took close to two months with around 5-6 rounds of interviewing, starting from peer round, till the CEO round. It takes considerable amount of time and energy to interview with this company. It helped that most of the interviews were telephonic with just two f2f rounds, otherwise it would have been more difficult to visit onsite for each and every interview. There was a lack of co-ordination initially within the recruitment team in scheduling the interviews. It would help the candidates if the company streamlines their recruitment process and cuts short the number of interview rounds and save their and the candidates time and resource.

Interview Questions

• Initial rounds will test subject knowledge, while later rounds will test personality, fitment, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

You start through temp agency if you do your job then you can become a permanent employee. The training is excellent. First you're trained on system for company then clients you're assigned. Depending on team you may have more than one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No they set rate

Pension Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

It was 2 hours long with 4 different managers who interviewed you for 30 minutes each.
    They explained the overall Job process and software you will use frequently. They ask about your knowledge in Excel.

Retirement Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole process took around 2 weeks. Then one of their Associates contacted me about a phone Interview. The overall interview lasted around 40 mins. My interviewer was very nice, and it took around 1 month before the on-site interview.
    Tips: Be really prepared about what's on your resume. They are gonna ask you unexpected questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about almost everything on my resume.
      How I got different jobs in different areas?
      Why Aon Hewitt?
      Why actuary?
      Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Waltham, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly laid back. It was a very conversational. At the start of the interview, he basically was describing the company and his particular position. After that, he allowed me talk about anything I thought he should know about. After that, there were couple questions here and there, but nothing too hard.

Interview Questions

• How do you explain to people who ask you about the actuarial profession?   Answer Question