Aon Hewitt Setup Configuration Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 6, 2017

2.8

75 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

Interview

Applied online through company portal, interviewed two weeks later. Both interviewers asked most questions based on my personality and resume and wrote notes for most of the 30 min interview. Very polite and kind interviewers s s s s s s s

Interview Questions

• What are three characteristics of a great leader?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aon Hewitt

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

Interview included three rounds, first was a video interview, then through phone and finally face to face. Questions were mostly of behavioural nature. They look for good communication skills. The difficulty was average

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation at your previous job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Received an email to do a video interview through HireVue. The system allowed 30 seconds to prepare an answer to the question and would begin recording immediately after that time. You had 3 days to complete the interview on HireVue. The questions were not very difficult, they were simple, general behavior questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Lincolnshire, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

First of all, there was a virtual interview with an app on the phone. It was not a big deal, there were a few written questions and 2 questions where you have to record yourself answering.

Next was a phone interview. 30 minutes of by-the-book behavioral questions. Nothing too fancy.

Then there was the decision night at the company. There were 2 interviews, around 40 minutes each: first one was the plain old behavioral questions and the second one was about the job itself.

After 6 days they emailed me and said they were not interested :-(

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions... "Tell me about a time where..."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Lincolnshire, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Submitted my application and then I got an email two weeks later, stating that I had to submit a video and prescreen questions online. A week after I received a call from Human Resourses inviting me to a decision night. During the decision night there was a presentation given to about 40 candidates. We were served dinner and had 2 rounds of one on one interviews. I got an offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a salary without negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with three different people for thirty minutes each. All the questions I was asked were behavioral or regarding my resume. All of the information that I was given and learned about the job during the interview came from the questions I asked, which struck me as odd. If you google search behavioral questions, prepare some responses, and have a few solid stories/examples ready to go you'll do fine in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe what a good day at work would be like for you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Bridgewater, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through a college recruiting website and received an email a few days later requesting I complete a virtual interview. That took about 50 minutes and the questions were very straightforward, pertaining to my education and work experience and my career goals. There were a few questions asking about my technical capabilities with SQL and database software but I didn't have to write any code or anything. About a week later they invited me to a Decision Day at their office with 6 other college candidates interviewing for this job and one other position. There was a PowerPoint presentation on the background of the company and then 30 minute interviews with 3 different employees that dealt with basic behavioral questions. Finally there was a panel discussion with 3 recent hired where we could ask questions about their lives, jobs, and working for Aon Hewitt.

Interview Questions

• He described an issue that one might face in this position (an issue with the computer software that resulted in a customer receiving false information) and asked how I would proceed in fixing it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received an offer 5 days after the interview. They had given me a salary level prior to the decision day but offered me more, an amount they said was the max for the position, so I didn't nevotiate. They gave me 2 weeks to decide.

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt in November 2014.

Interview

Applied at my schools career fair, and received an email for a digital interview about a week later. The digital interview had mostly behavioral questions. Then I received an email for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interviewer asked more questions about my resume and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

• How do you work in a team environment? Describe a time you had to work with a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt (Atlanta, GA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process took less than 3 weeks from Application to Offer. 1) Phone Interview. 2) On-Location Interview a) 2 one-on-one interviews b) Q & A Panel c) open discussion.

Interview Questions

• How do I overcome obstacles at work that I am unable to solve?   Answer Question

Setup Configuration Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Aon Hewitt.

Interview

About 2 months after graduation, I was contacted by a recruiter by phone about the Setup Configuration Specialist position. I was given detailed information on the role and an onsite interview was setup. I had 2 people interview me at once. Laid back, casual, reasonable questions.

Interview Questions

• An SQL questions relating to joins. I don't recall the exact question. It was pretty basic.   Answer Question