Aon Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Then, I received a request for an digital interview where you answer essays, multiple choice, and video recorded questions. Then was asked back for 2, 30-minute in-person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer working in a team environment or individually?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Aon

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aon in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two rounds. The first round was a digital interview using HireVue, an online module where you record your answers to questions in video. It took some getting used to, but the questions were fairly straightforward and nothing was unexpected. I was contacted about a week later for the second round interview, which was conducted on the phone with the internship coordinator and hiring manager. They were both very nice and it wasn't anything too difficult either. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. I received my offer about a week later from my recruiter.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to make a difficult decision and how did you deal with the consequences?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Submitted resume and was contacted for one on one interview - asked basic questions (background, behavioral).
    Came into office for second round interview and met with different members of leadership individually for 30 min increments.
    They were very timely in contacting for next round interviews and easy to get in touch with.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Aon.

Interview

First part was a video interview where you record yourself and answer a couple of questions. It was pretty simple behavioral and tell me about yourself questions. About two weeks later received a phone call from HR and scheduled a phone interview with a senior manager. Phone call was ok. Senior manager didn't seem enthusiastic since the beginning of the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and after contacting the recruiter about two weeks after submitting my application I received an interview via email. It was an online interview through Hirevue with essay and video questions. They asked me to complete it the same day I received the email. The whole process was very impersonal. Soon after they said they were already in the final interview stages when I applied so I was not considered in any further steps.

Interview Questions

• Give a situation where you had to use data to influence someone, and what points did you use to do so?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position online through their website. I know someone who works in the St. Louis office that put in a reference for me after I applied. I was contacted by a recruiter shortly after with an email saying that I will receive instructions for an online interview through HireVue. The interview took about 30-45 minutes total. Some of the questions had a preparation time of 30-60 seconds and others had no preparation time limit. Questions varied from personality questions to experience questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you used data to influence others?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Aon?   1 Answer
    • Describe a challenging situation and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

One phone interview and one onsite interview. The whole process is efficient.The employers are really nice. About 4 candidates are doing the interview at the same time.After a brief phone interview, I got the chance for onsite interview. And 4 people interviewed me one by one. We had lunch together as the last part.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was all online. There was a third-party online interview service through which the interview was administered. They gave me a questionnaire that I filled out, then for the actual interview portion, I was given a question, with a minute to prepare, then I recorded my answer on my webcam. The interview questions weren't terribly difficult, but the way the interview was conducted felt very unnatural.

Interview Questions

• What is the accomplishment of which you are the most proud?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Aon (Denver, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

It was very straightforward. There were no trick questions. They wanted to get to know me on a personal level and explain to me how their business works. They did most of the talking because they wanted me to realize what kind of business I was getting myself into, since it was one that I did not know much about.

Interview Questions

• What about the risk advisory/insurance business interests you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

First round was a phone interview with HR, no curve balls, just was asked what interested me about the position and was given background information on the position/program. 15 minutes

2nd round was phone panel in the group the position is under. Mostly behavioral questions, I got dropped and called back, but it still worked out. 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a decision that was unpopular?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you noticed something was wrong in the workplace, and took action to correct the problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None