Aon Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.9

184 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Risk Solutions Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aon.

Interview

First round behavioral interview online. Submitted recorded and written question answers via interview portal. Status still reads "In Progress" many months later. It would be better if application statuses were kept up to date as I ended up taking a position at another company.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aon in July 2017.

Interview

Online application - was notified about 1.5 months later about their interest

Recruiter interview - Quick interview with the recruiter about resume, skills, personality
    My recruiter was amazing at detailing what the process would be for the position, updating me on delays, and responding to emails usually less than 24 hours. His assistant then scheduled me for an interview with the position's manager.

Position Manager interview - I had a phone interview with the position's manager about 2 weeks after the first interview. Questions were personality-based, future goals, specific resume experiences, and willingness to study outside of work to get up to speed quickly to begin contributing to the team.

Unfortunately, they went with a candidate with more related experience. I am, however, very pleased with the all of the personnel. Easily, the best I have experienced in my job search.

Interview Questions

• Thoroughly explain this project listed on your resume including struggles, process, coding, research, and statistics involved.   Answer Question

Senior Actuarial Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online and then was contacted by HR to set up a phone interview. Talked for about 30-45 minutes with hiring manager and another analyst on his team. Basic phone interview questions. Both very easy to talk to. Got an email later that day about setting up an on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to come up with a solution to a problem.   Answer Question

Medical Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Aon.

Interview

I started off with a video interview, then a phone interview, and finally an in person formal interview. The formal interview was about 40 minute long with four interviewers in attendance.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Aon (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website and one of the HR representatives contacted me to set up a schedule for 1-hour in-person interview. I interviewed with three different designers and the actual interview took about 50 minutes. All of them were very nice and the whole experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• How would you negotiate/convince boss who has a different design perspective than yours?   Answer Question

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn and with few days HR reached out to me to schedule a phone interview. The HR person was very helpful and friendly. Couple of weeks later I was invited for an interview with "the team". Internal interview with the consulting team was a joke. They were give a sheet of paper with typical behavioral questions which were completely irrelevant to the position I was interviewing for. I'm not even waiting for them to get back to me with their answer! Every person that interviewed me kept emphasizing how intense this position is and that they are expecting me to put in 50-55 work hours every week!!! I also noticed how tired and drained everyone looked.

Business Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aon (Des Moines, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

First round is a digital interview. You will be recorded the entire time. Questions will be asked from pre-recorded videos and you will have 1-3 mins to prepare and another 2-5 minutes to answer to the webcam.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you sold an idea to a professor or employer   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Aon (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a digital interview. I was asked to answer a few multiple choice questions on my basic information, a written question, and some recorded questions. Interview questions are mostly behavioral ones and were heavily focused on my people skills, not professional knowledge.

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Aon (Bloomington, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter for a video interview. I completed that and then was called and invited for an in person interview. The in person interview consisted of 2 thirty minute interview each with 2 people.

Interview Questions

• They focused on what kind of experience I had and what kind of working culture I would want.   Answer Question

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Aon in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed through series of web camera questions. Aon used a third party hirevue system to conduct the initial interview for the position. Nothing too crazy but the process felt somewhat unnatural.