Aon Brokerage Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Aon Brokerage Associate Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Aon (New York, NY) in January 2008.

Interview

After applying for several positions at Aon through their website, an Aon recruiter called me about one that hadn't been posted yet that she believed I would be a good fit for. I interviewed with the Managing Director and provided a lot of sample work before the second.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose a career in Insurance?   1 Answer
    • The interviewer wanted to make sure I was looking for a long term commitment given that I was looking to leave a firm I had been at for only 3.5 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I offered to interview for two positions: one a supporting role and another as full Broker. Because I hadn't worked on Liability before (only Property) I decided to take the lower position and at a modest salary that was actually more than I was getting at my grossly underpaid job at Marsh. Within two years I would be promoted and given a raise at the higher Broker position--practically guaranteed. Bottom Line: I undersold myself for the opportunity I wanted.